1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 23:21
    Question

What good works did the confessed evil doer on the cross accomplish when Jesus told him he would go to paradise?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 16:24
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Question

What good works did the confessed evil doer on the cross accomplish when Jesus told him he would go to paradise?
    Do you have an answer?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 19:20
    Do you have an answer?
    You must have the intellect of a 5 yr old, to think that the confession of a dying man could apply to anyone not so disadvantaged.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 19:23
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You must have the intellect of a 5 yr old, to think that the confession of a dying man could apply to anyone not so disadvantaged.
    Everyone dies. So as long as you confess on your death bed then you can get to heaven with evil works.

Is that your belief?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 19:02
    Maybe you should read the whole of James, instead of just a couple verses. James also says:

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Here he clearly states that faith alone means no works. But works alone implies faith.

If you dare to read ...[text shortened]... Rehab.

Try not to twist the Bible.

As for your comment on Romans 2 its way off the mark.
    "Here he clearly states that faith alone means no works. But works alone implies faith. "

You are once again confused about this point, he is not implying faith alone means no
    works, instead he is telling them that if you have faith it will be reflected in their works.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 23:06
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "Here he clearly states that faith alone means no works. But works alone implies faith. "

You are once again confused about this point, he is not implying faith alone means no
    works, instead he is telling them that if you have faith it will be reflected in their works.
    If you have faith it will be reflected in your works.
    Therefore if you do no works then your faith is dead.
    Therefore faith alone means no works.

You are the confused one.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 00:00

Hypocrite!

Why do you assume there are no works?

You say you do not judge, but you do.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 01:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why do you assume there are no works?
    He's just reacting to the doctrine that many Christians here propagate. Why do you never argue a doctrine that says there must be works [or otherwise the faith is "dead"]?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 01:21

Perhaps you will understand faith generates works.

As Paul writes, it is the faith through which we are saved. This is why God judges what is in a man's heart.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 01:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    He's just reacting to the doctrine that many Christians here propagate. Why do you never argue a doctrine that says there must be works [or otherwise the faith is "dead"]?
    Which isn't a belief espoused in this thread.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 01:561 edit
    Which isn't a belief espoused in this thread.
    My point is, many Christians here feign proper engagement of Rajk999 by deliberately misconstruing what he is putting forward [and how he has argued it] and then try to personalize it instead by making it about whether he is claiming to have sinned or that he is perfect etc. etc. ad nauseam. It's interesting to see the rhetorical devices that overly proud Christians employ. It's been going on for years.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 02:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    My point is, many Christians here feign proper engagement of Rajk999 by deliberately misconstruing what he is putting forward [and how he has argued it] and then try to personalize it instead by making it about whether he is claiming to have sinned or that he is perfect etc. etc. ad nauseam. It's interesting to see the rhetorical devices that overly proud Christians employ. It's been going on for years.
    Yes, people do get frustrated when a person decides to profess that the Bible says something when that person is a non Christian.

Hey, I'm a non Christian and this is what the Bible means when it says this.

Took a while to figure out his game.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 02:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    I disagree.
    If a person 'preaches' that it's possible to live a sin free life, then he should be able to say if he 'practices' what he preaches.

It is most definitely part of the discussion and a fair question to ask.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 02:41
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I disagree.
    If a person 'preaches' that it's possible to live a sin free life, then he should be able to say if he 'practices' what he preaches.

It is most definitely part of the discussion and a fair question to ask.
    No you're mistaken. The discussion is about doctrine and the Bible, and efforts to deflect by personalizing it - playing the man (Rajk999) rather than the ball (his citation of scripture) - seen here at RHP, are always clumsy. The extent [or success, or sincerity etc.] to which he practices what he preaches is the subject of the "judgement" that Christians believe will ultimately take place, or so he has argued here for years. Sidestepping what he's actually saying about scripture and Christ's will and instead squawking judgementally about whether "he practices what he preaches" - when Christians are supposed to believe that Christ ~ and only Christ ~ is the one who will judge - is just dodging the kernel of the debate over Christ's requirements as the Bible is said to portray them.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 03:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Relevant question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree