Biblical basis for the Trinity?

Biblical basis for the Trinity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
25 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I apologize for giving you the wrong information about the bible used. After
looking up some information, it must have been the American Standard
version along with the King James Version instead of the Revised Standard
version as I had previously stated. I am 67 years old now and it was a
long time ago, when I was about 25 years old, while I served cience-Raymond-Franz/dp/0914675044

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_of_Conscience
so what? they were on the translation committee, it does not mean that they actually engaged in any translation. Here is a fact for you, we publish out literature in over 400 languages, how is that possible without dedicated teams of translators, do tell seeing that you and your source seem to be an expert on the matter. i am fed up with these petty arguments, if you have any scripture that you yourself have read from the New world translation, that you yourself have researched, that you yourself have found a discrepancy with then post, otherwise your simply a sock puppet mouthing forth second hand opinions and not even accurate ones at that.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Doward
well known fact, the JW's reject all divinty schools and schools of theology, ergo they do not have the scholars that can do the requisite work of contextual translation.

Hey this is fine, beleive what you like, but don't try and make the argument that your denominations translations and understanding of the scriptures are the correct ones or better than the rest of Christendom without offering credentials
Who says these schools of theology are divinly guided? Has God made some annoucement for all to hear saying they are the ones who have it right and we should listen to no one else? If so I sure didn't hear some announcement from heaven with a load voice saying so. Did you?
In fact with all the sects and divisions amoung the so called Christian religions, that would seem very suspect as "God is a God of order, not confusion."
Jesus said his followers would be in "complete unity."
So I would have a hard time saying that with the exception of one, no so called Christion religions are divinly directed by any school of theology.
Can you show me proof of any kind that these schools are directed by God?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you shut your face, you dont know anything with regard to translation, i mean it. Were you not the one who very recently stated, 'why look at the greek'? this is entirely typical of nominal Christians who have no interest in the original languages. I doubt you have even heard of the sahidic coptic text, or as we were discussing earlier, the codex s ...[text shortened]... t was written in Coptic, not Greek, perhaps this fact has escaped your notice, who can say?
I must of hit a nerve with my sword of truth. I am very willing to forget
the Greek and stick to the English which we can understand. But it is you
guys that say you know so much about the Greek that you are the only
ones that know the correct way to translate it into English and will not
accept the majority and more scholarly translations. I doubt if you are
an expert in any language, so much as to scold me for telling the truth.
You can not shut up the truth forever. I think it is time for it to be
revealed. I understand the the sahidic coptic text is a translation from
the Koine Greek of the New Testament. So, like the your New World
Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures, it may be translated wrong.
To translate it "a God" does not harmonize with the context and the rest
of scripture. Coptic Egyptian was not the language used in Israel at the
time of Jesus. It was Koine Greek for your information. So you get over it,
flunky!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 11

lol, i know, you think with more than 150,000 brothers and sisters born in Greece, you think one of them would be able to read and write Greek.
The is a big difference in modern Greek and koine Greek used in the Bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koine_Greek

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 11

what is this have you any idea what these words mean from their source language, go away and get your self educated and do yourself and us a favour.
You are very well indoctrinated by this cult organization. I know I am
making you angry, but you need to hear the truth about this cult outfit
that you have put so much trust in. However, it appears I will not be one
you will believe. I hope you will eventually calm down and listen to a
resonable argument without getting so offended.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol...Are your serious? The Greeks promoted the trinity so of course they are the experts. Geeezzzzz.
Yes, I am serious. I am not joking this time. May you listen to the truth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
You still don't understand and until you do this will continue to be an issue for you about us.
I know there is nothing I can do to remotely help you to understand that Jehovah and Jesus are two completly different beings. Hence the terms Father and Son are used thru out the entire Bible. The holy Spirit is never called a son or a cousin or uncle, etc. dom and to be the one who can bring us salvation from all that is wicked and bad..........
You are also very well indoctrinated by this cult organization.
I pray that you will one day see the light and realize you have been
duped, before it is too late.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 11

so what? they were on the translation committee, it does not mean that they actually engaged in any translation. Here is a fact for you, we publish out literature in over 400 languages, how is that possible without dedicated teams of translators, do tell seeing that you and your source seem to be an expert on the matter. i am fed up with these pett ...[text shortened]... our simply a sock puppet mouthing forth second hand opinions and not even accurate ones at that.
Earlier you told me to shut my face, so which is it?

rc

Moves
25 Jun 11

sorry, its my fault, Its time . . . .thanks for your comments they were so truthful and enlightening they made me think deeply about my position, i can see now that you are an expert on Greek despite being reticent about using the original languages to understand scripture, have intimate knowledge of the various committees of Jehovahs witnesses including the translation teams, not to mention the texts that were used to translate the New world translation of the Holy scriptures and all the while from your experience as an actual Witness for innumerable years able to counsel others with regard to their stance towards the organisation, all in all, you seem to be full of it, thank you for sharing it with me.

rc

Moves
25 Jun 11

You are also very well indoctrinated by this cult organization.
I pray that you will one day see the light and realize you have been
duped, before it is too late.
thankyou RJH, you have sayings of everlasting life and can really point us in the right direction, how silly of us to think that we were following Christs words to preach the Good News of Gods Kingdom when you have all the answers already. Should we now set up an edifice to you, offer up incense to it with incantations of RJH, RJH , you are the one that set us free?

rc

Moves
25 Jun 11
1 edit

it was a great piece of advice, its a pity it was wasted on you.

rc

Moves
25 Jun 11

You are very well indoctrinated by this cult organization. I know I am
making you angry, but you need to hear the truth about this cult outfit
that you have put so much trust in. However, it appears I will not be one
you will believe. I hope you will eventually calm down and listen to a
resonable argument without getting so offended.
HRIST)
a reasonable argument?

1.Please tell us how it is possible to be with God and be God at the same time John 1:1
2.how it is possible that no one has seen God at any time John 1:18, yet many persons saw Jesus Christ, yet you say he is God.
3.Tell us how its possible for God to die.
4. Tell us how Jesus never gave consideration to the idea that he was equal to God (Philippians 2:6), but you ignore that and make him equal to God.
5.Why after Christ is resurrected he subjects himself to God, yet you have ignored this and made him equal to God.

reasonable arguments? i have never met a trinitarian yet that i could describe as reasonable.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Jun 11

a reasonable argument?

1.Please tell us how it is possible to be with God and be God at the same time John 1:1
2.how it is possible that no one has seen God at any time John 1:18, yet many persons saw Jesus Christ, yet you say he is God.
3.Tell us how its possible for God to die.
4. Tell us how Jesus never gave consideration to the idea that he ...[text shortened]...
reasonable arguments? i have never met a trinitarian yet that i could describe as reasonable.
Neither have I. How do they read those scriptures and not see the contradictions they cause? I guess their ok with some of the bible's scriptures but then shun others. No wonder they pick the translations they do as they have been altered to hopefully make the trinity somewhat ever so slighty something they can believe.
And how do they deal with all the outside evidence about the trinity not being of Godly beginnings but completely of paganistic origins that God himself even condemned whole nations for and even had them destroyed in the past.
Satan is so much stronger then they can even imagine as he's got millions fooled by this. Even ones who are so sincere in what they think is a truth in the Bible but in reality isn't..

Moves
25 Jun 11

what is this have you any idea what these words mean from their source language, go away and get your self educated and do yourself and us a favour.
This is scripture. It's plain and straight-forward.

You get educated you arrogant...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jun 11

it was a great piece of advice, its a pity it was wasted on you.
You haven't learned to respect your elders yet. That is a flaw in
your character.