1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 04:38
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Then why don't you accept the passages that I've cited? If God wants all the scripture to be accepted then why do you reject much of it?
    I reject none of THE WORD OF GOD. You keep insisting that I do, because I donot agree with your way of thinking. All of THE WORD OF GOD, is to believed and obeyed. All of it.
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 12:47
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    I reject none of THE WORD OF GOD. You keep insisting that I do, because I donot agree with your way of thinking. All of THE WORD OF GOD, is to believed and obeyed. All of it.
    But you don’t believe and obey all of it. Take these two verses for example.

Rom 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

If it is the goodness of God that leads one to repentance, why do you keep telling people that God will send them to hell unless they repent?

1 Tim. 4:9-11 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. Command and teach these things.

This passage distinguishes between those who believe and those who don’t. It says that both will be saved. How do you explain this?
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 20:09
    But you don’t believe and obey all of it. Take these two verses for example.

Rom 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that [b]the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

If it is the goodness of God that leads one to repentance, why do you keep telling people that God will send the ...[text shortened]... those who believe and those who don’t. It says that both will be saved. How do you explain this?[/b]
    it is you that does not believe THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD, clearly says those that donot repent from their sins will be punished. You are entitled to believe as you do. You and I will both satnd before GOD. HIS justice will decide whois right and who is wrong. 1 TIMOTHY 4:9-11 says:
    This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the the living God, who is the savior of all men, "specially" of those that believe. These things command and teach.
    Which may be part of your problem you have both miswritten and misquoted THE WORD. Which would hinder your understanding of THE WORD OF GOD.
    Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: forwherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgement of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgement of God? or despisest the riches of his goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after the hardness and inpenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgement of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: ROMANS 2:1-6
    It is best when you quote or read scripture it is best to read/quote the Scripture that is above and below what you are quoting. Yes, it is the goodness of GOD, that leads one to repentance. But if they chose not to repent or reject repentance they are going to hell. Also it is also best to believe and obey, whatever whatever Scripture you quote. I believe every Word of THE WORD OF GOD. Simply put I donot judge you or anyone else. THE WORD OF GOD, judges you.
    Nowhere in THE WORD OF GOD, does it say that the both the unsaved and the saved will be judged as righteous, or that the the unrighteous will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Everyone that does not repent and accept JESUS CHRIST as Savior is going to Everlasting Damnation.
    GOD'S WORD is the judge and you cannot get by that. If You or anyone else does not Repent and get Saved you are going to Everlasting punishment. You can play word games with man but how are you going to play word games with GOD.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 20:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 00:59
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Yes you do. You reject one of God's most serious laws. You fail to kill every homosexual you see. Leviticus CLEARLY states that practicing homosexuals should be put to death. If you had the courage of your convictions, you'd do God's will and begin executing homosexuals post haste.
    I think that I spoke on that before. I still believe that JESUS CHRIST will handle that situation. I will not deny though that I kinda miss the rock party. Everyone one deserves a chance to accepts JESUS CHRIST. That was the purpose of the sacrifice of the SON OF GOD, to give all sinners including homosexuals, a chance at eternal life. Therefore I would suggest that you repent and get Saved.
  6. Halifax, NS
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 01:25
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Yes you do. You reject one of God's most serious laws. You fail to kill every homosexual you see. Leviticus CLEARLY states that practicing homosexuals should be put to death. If you had the courage of your convictions, you'd do God's will and begin executing homosexuals post haste.
    This is one of the most asinine statements I've seen on here yet.

Even if homosexuals were to be put to death, it would be by the gov't (just as it was in Israel), not by individuals. I suppose you think that Christians should all be personally implementing capital punishment for murder as well.

And the manner in which God saw homosexuality should at least give everyone today reason to take it a bit more seriously than most do.
  7. Halifax, NS
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 01:281 edit
    1 Tim. 4:9-11 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, [b]who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

This passage distinguishes between those who believe and those who don’t. It says that both will be saved. How do you explain this?[/b]
    Well, you need to read the context, i.e., the Bible.

That passage means that Christ is the Savior of mankind, in particular those who believe.

In other words, He died to make salvation available to any man. All anyone has to do is believe.

(And by believe, I mean believe all that the Scripture says about us, our sin, and Christ's payment for that sin.)
  8. Colorado
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 06:36
    Originally posted by joelek
    Well, you need to read the context, i.e., the Bible.

That passage means that Christ is the Savior of mankind, in particular those who believe.

In other words, He died to make salvation available to any man. All anyone has to do is believe.

(And by believe, I mean believe all that the Scripture says about us, our sin, and Christ's payment for that sin.)
    According to the Bible all men will come to accept God. This is the true meaning of passages such as that.
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 06:521 edit
    it is you that does not believe THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD, clearly says those that donot repent from their sins will be punished. You are entitled to believe as you do. You and I will both satnd before GOD. HIS justice will decide whois right and who is wrong. 1 TIMOTHY 4:9-11 says:
    This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For the ...[text shortened]... punishment. You can play word games with man but how are you going to play word games with GOD.[/b]
    it is you that does not believe THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD, clearly says those that donot repent from their sins will be punished.

And it is people like you that drive people away from repentance.

1 TIMOTHY 4:9-11 says:
    This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the savior of all men, "specially" of those that believe. These things command and teach.
    Which may be part of your problem you have both miswritten and misquoted THE WORD. Which would hinder your understanding of THE WORD OF GOD.

There is no noticeable difference between the two versions. Explain to me how especially differs from specially.

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: forwherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgement of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgement of God? or despisest the riches of his goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after the hardness and inpenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgement of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: ROMANS 2:1-6

Shouldn’t you be worried about this? It is you who constantly threaten people with God’s retribution.

Yes, it is the goodness of GOD, that leads one to repentance. But if they chose not to repent or reject repentance they are going to hell.

If you believe this then why do you preach nothing but the cruelty of God? Do you wonder why you don’t lead many to repentance?

Simply put I donot judge you or anyone else. THE WORD OF GOD, judges you.

No, THE WORD OF BLINDFAITH judges people. God is probably much more forgiving.

Nowhere in THE WORD OF GOD, does it say that the both the unsaved and the saved will be judged as righteous, or that the the unrighteous will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Everyone that does not repent and accept JESUS CHRIST as Savior is going to Everlasting Damnation.

I Tim 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our savior. 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Rom. 14:11 It is written: `As surely as I live,' says the Lord, `every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'

Psalm 65:2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

Go back to page 16 and check out some of the other places that say all people will be saved in the end.

GOD'S WORD is the judge and you cannot get by that. If You or anyone else does not Repent and get Saved you are going to Everlasting punishment.

Some more of your God’s goodness?
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 07:15
    Even if homosexuals were to be put to death, it would be by the gov't (just as it was in Israel), not by individuals. I suppose you think that Christians should all be personally implementing capital punishment for murder as well.
    So, is it safe to say that you would support a governmental measure that
    indicated homosexual acts would be punishable by execution?

Nemesio
  11. Halifax, NS
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 11:03
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    So, is it safe to say that you would support a governmental measure that
    indicated homosexual acts would be punishable by execution?

Nemesio
    Absolutely not. I was just saying that even if you built a case that the law from Leviticus held today, you would have to have the gov't executing judgment, not the individual.

The law in Leviticus was specific for the people in Israel, at a particular time in their history. We now live under the New Testament (Covenant), under which that law does not hold authority. We are in the age of Grace.

As Christ pointed out, the law is summed up as follows:
    1. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, soul and mind.
    2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

The homosexual today is wrong. So is the (stereo)typical college freshman who goes around having one-night stands. So are all the common-lawers. They are all committing sexual sin in the eyes of God. I don't believe any of them should be killed, but they are all wrong. And if they don't come to repentance, they will all be judged. But not by me -- by God.
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 11:25
    I will not deny though that I kinda miss the rock party.
    Do you mean to say that you would condone the public stoning of homosexuals, were the government to suggest such an action?
  13. Brisbane, Australia
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 08:15
    I will not deny though that I kinda miss the rock party.

I thought Christians/Catholics/devout people in general worshipped someone who forgave hundreds, maybe thousands of people for their sins, and apparently continues to do so to this day. Where is your forgiveness?

Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, just as Catholocism/Christianity/a life of worship is. What makes it so different is that one part of these two likenesses is a billion year old society, with many prejudices. The other is forgiving and ultimatly acknowledging that the other is wrong, albiet gracefully. If I ever see a homosexual person petitioning against the Church, I will do something drastic; if I see a person who thinks that throwing stones and yelling at people who choose a different lifestyle will get them into Gods good books (if he does indeed exist), I will do what I have always done. This is why I have a routine; because of ignorant people like you.
  14. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 09:16
    I think that I spoke on that before. I still believe that JESUS CHRIST will handle that situation. I will not deny though that I kinda miss the rock party. Everyone one deserves a chance to accepts JESUS CHRIST. That was the purpose of the sacrifice of the SON OF GOD, to give all sinners including homosexuals, a chance at eternal life. Therefore I would suggest that you repent and get Saved.
    WE ARE ALL SINNERS!!!
  15. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 09:18
    Absolutely not. I was just saying that even if you built a case that the law from Leviticus held today, you would have to have the gov't executing judgment, not the individual.

The law in Leviticus was specific for the people in Israel, at a particular time in their history. We now live under the New Testament (Covenant), under which that law doe ...[text shortened]... rong. And if they don't come to repentance, they will all be judged. But not by me -- by God.
    Look it's a sane Christian.Run away i tell you....run while you still can!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree