blindfaith101 - Question for you...

blindfaith101 - Question for you...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
30 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nordlys
You have stated what you believe to be the "thruth". It's very arrogant to assume that you are the one who knows the truth, while everybody else (including other Christians, as they inevitably disagree on some points) is wrong.
The Truth is THE WORD OF GOD. The Truth is up to everyone to discover. Everyone has to discover who or what JESUS CHRIST is to them. Whether or not you accept the Salvation that HE offers. Not by what I say or do.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
30 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Whether or not you believe in HE exsists. You have to find the way to GOD through JESUS CHRIST, not by what I say on donot say. You donot need GOD. That's fine. You are committed to what you think or believe. What has happened is if you fgeel the way that you do. That would mean that what THE WORD OF GOD says is not for you. And you should not be offe ...[text shortened]... does not concern you.
If you are an unbeliever that choses not to believe. Then don't believe.
I won't.

Just to clarify, however, the only thing that I find offensive is you and how you put forth your belief.

b

Moves
30 Nov 05

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
I won't.

Just to clarify, however, the only thing that I find offensive is you and how you put forth your belief.
You are intittled to your point of view. If you are offended by what I believe or how I put forth my faith. I put forth my faith by believing THE WORD OF GOD. If THE WORD OF GOD, offends you then you are offended.

L

Moves
30 Nov 05

You are intittled to your point of view. If you are offended by what I believe or how I put forth my faith. I put forth my faith by believing THE WORD OF GOD. If THE WORD OF GOD, offends you then you are offended.
intittled

You must have something else on your mind beside the WORD OF GOD.

N

The sky

Moves
30 Nov 05

The Truth is THE WORD OF GOD. The Truth is up to everyone to discover. Everyone has to discover who or what JESUS CHRIST is to them. Whether or not you accept the Salvation that HE offers. Not by what I say or do.
Do you know what faith is? Do you know anything about being obedient to THE WORD OF GOD? Does GOD talk to you? if HE does, how do you know that it is him? You say you are a "Christian", how do you know? Are you Saved? Are you living saved? How do you know?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
01 Dec 05
2 edits

I have threated noone.
If people donot like the idea of going to hell. Then they should repent and accept the salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST.
Never once have I ever said that anyone has to believe as I do. I have only stated the thruth, that mankind must beleive THE WORD OF GOD. I have only stated that all of mankind must accept the Sa ...[text shortened]... bringing anyone to CHRIST. THE WORD OF GOD, brings Salvation. Not paying Patty cake with satan.[/b]
I have threated noone.

Yes, implications speak just as loudly as words. Every time you threaten God’s eternal damnation on somebody, the message is clear.

If people donot like the idea of going to hell. Then they should repent and accept the salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST.

This is what you think. You believe that by threatening somebody with hell you can get them to believe. This is not how it works. This drives people away from Christianity.

Never once have I ever said that anyone has to believe as I do. I have only stated the thruth, that mankind must beleive THE WORD OF GOD.

The problem with this is that you reject other peoples interpretation of God’s word. So only your interpretation is the truth. This amounts to “believe the way I do or burn in hell forever.”

Yes, THE WORD OF GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and THE HOLY SPIRIT "alienates" people. Should it not.

No man, how can a Christian even say this? There are many passages that come to mind where Jesus and the various authors of the Bible say that God’s word will unite all of mankind. If the word is driving people away it is because of the way you are dishing it out.

If a man or woman choses not to accept CHRIST. Or if they are told that they are sinners. Then they are alienated. They are alienated from GOD.

If the word is spoken the way it ought to be spoken this wouldn’t happen. Why do you blame the word for your own shortcomings?

What you call "rhetoric" is THE WORD OF GOD.

Try BF’s interpretation of the word of God.

Only those that have chosen that they want no part of JESUS CHRIST are getting farther and farther away from the Grace and Mercy of GOD. Those that have chosen to live inn there sins have chosen the the judgement they deserve.

Thanks to you. Pissing people off doesn’t convince them.

I have not judged anyone. THE WORD OF GOD is the Judge.

You judge people when you say that they will go to hell if they don’t believe like you.

You, I, and everyone else will be Judged by THE WORD OF GOD. If I am incorrect THE WORD OF GOD will judge me, and I will be punished for my error. If I am correct in what I have been saying, then all those that have rejected THE WORD OF GOD, will be judged by that rejection.

God is the one who judges, not the scripture. The scripture tells us that we don’t know God’s judgments.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Son of man, I have made you a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and theou givest him not warning, nor speaketh to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast divered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his right his righteousness , and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul. EZEKIEL 3:17-21

You start from the presumption that everybody is wicked. This is the problem.

Every Believer has the responibilty to warn sinners whether the heed the warning or not. That warning also must be by the truth whether they accept it or not.

Believers sin as well, so why don’t you condemn yourself to hell? The gospels, and the Bible for that matter, tell us time and time again not to sin.

Matt 5:48 Be yee therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus tells us to be perfect. Are you perfect? If you’re not then how do you know you are accepted? How do you know you believe? Why go around judging other people as wicked sinners when Christians are supposed to get the log out of their own eye first?

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

God’s will is perfect.

GOD HIMSELF threatens sinners with eternal hell.

This is for God, not us. We don’t send people to Heaven or hell.

If you are offended by the way GOD has allowed me to express HIS message. Then you should be spreading the Gospel in the way that GOD gives you.

If you were to spread YOUR interpretation of HIS message in a more positive way, would God not allow it?

Picking out scriptures meant for those that are saved and trying to live saved is not bringing anyone to CHRIST.

The verses should be taken in the context that they are given. If Jesus tells a Christian that he is for everybody, then he is speaking about everybody, not just all the BF’s in the world.

John 12:32 I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.

What does all men mean?

I Tim 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our savior. 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Again, all men.

Psalm 64:9 And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

And again.

Rom. 14:11 It is written: `As surely as I live,' says the Lord, `every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'

Every knee, and every tongue.

I Cor 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

“all in all” is pretty clear is it not?

1 Tim. 4:9-11 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. Command and teach these things.

This verse SPECIFICALLY DISTINGUISHES between those who believe and those who don’t. God saves the ones who don’t believe as well. Are you teaching this as THE WORD OF GOD commands? There is no other context to put this in.

1 Cor. 15:22-23 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own turn…

Notice how many times the word “all” crops up. Not “all believers” just “all”. Why do you refuse to take this in the context that it’s in?

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Any man BF. This means God is here for everybody.

Psalm 65:2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

All flesh. Might this mean that animals have souls after all?

Psalm 64:9 And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

Need I say more?

THE WORD OF GOD, brings Salvation.

So why doesn’t it through you?

b

Moves
01 Dec 05

Originally posted by Nordlys
Do you know what faith is? Do you know anything about being obedient to THE WORD OF GOD? Does GOD talk to you? if HE does, how do you know that it is him? You say you are a "Christian", how do you know? Are you Saved? Are you living saved? How do you know?
Yes
Yes
Yes
GOD proves it through HIS WORD
Through my relationshipwith GOD, through the Salvation that I have accepted through my Savior JESUS CHRIST. Also I can testify completely to 1 JOHN 4:1-6.
I am living saved and all I can to live Holy accrording to THE WORD OF GOD. MY Faith in GOD through The Salvation of JESUS CHRIST.

b

Moves
01 Dec 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
[b]I have threated noone.

Yes, implications speak just as loudly as words. Every time you threaten God’s eternal damnation on somebody, the message is clear.

This is what you think. You believe that b ...[text shortened]... ed I say more?

THE WORD OF GOD, brings Salvation.

So why doesn’t it through you?[/b]in
idea of going to hell.......
This is not what I think it is what the WORD OF GOD says. Your sins threaten you with hell. If you know thaat you are sinning and continue to do so, you threaten yourself with hell.
this is not how it works...........
Really where does it say in THE WORD OF GOD, that I am not doing HIS will. You and others have taken a lot for granted, but if you go back all my posts since I started a year ago. You will notice that the Message, has never been to sugar sweet the sinner. In fact it has been a clear warning to all those that have known GOD and turned their back on HIM. It has been a clear warning to all those that are in a backsliden state. Yes it has been a message to the unsaved. it has been more of a message to the "Prentend to be Christian" those of you that pretend to know GOD. Those of you that claim to be saved on your way to hell. Those of you that like to clown about the Savation of JESUS CHRIST. Those of you who this may be the last time some one will tell you to Repent.
drive people away from Christianity...........
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. ISAIAH 55:11
THE WORD OF GOD has a purpose, a purpose that you know nothing about. Or do you. One of the purposes is to bring the sinner to CHRIST, another is to bring home those sinners that have turned their backs on GOD. Is THE WORD OF GOD message to hard for/on you there is a resaon. Every time you post a Scripture have you read it. Have you tried to understand wheither or not that same Scripture that you are writting reflex back on you. I have. Every Scripture and every word that I have said I have thought about. I thought about if the Scripture pertained to me. Am I leaving that Scripture? Am I leaving THE WORD OF GOD. Are You?
reject other peoples interpetation.............
How/ Are you living that "interpretation? Or are you living in Sin. JESUS CHRIST spoke of hell quite a bit. Dou you know what HE said and what HE meant. Have you read or studied MATTHEW 23:13-39. Where are you in those Scriptures, how is GOD going to judge you by those words?
have you read or studied LUKE 17:20-37?
Are you living as they lived in Sodom? Are you living as mankind did as in the day of Noah? Or aore you living for GOD? Do you think Noah preached a sugar coated message? if you do not live the way that THE WORD OF GOD says yes you are going to hell. Is that not also the Message of JESUS CHRIST? Is that not what he taught?
beleve the way I do.............
If you believed as I do we would not be having this conversation. What you should believe in is THE WORD OF GOD, all of it. Not just what makes you feel good.
Alienates people...............
Ever read or study LUKE 12:41-53. How about 2CORINTHIANS 11-18.
Are the sins of the sinners and unbeievers united with THE WORD OF GOD?
choses not to accept CHRIST..........
Ever read or studied ROMANS 3:19-31. ALL of mankind are sinners before GOD. All mankind. Has not GOD said what happens to those that reject JESUS CHRIST?...............REVELATIONS 21:2-8
Where are you in those Scriptures? Where are you in THE WORD OF GOD? Are you apart of all THE WORD, or just in a few Scriptures?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
01 Dec 05
1 edit

idea of going to hell.......
This is not what I think it is what the WORD OF GOD says. Your sins threaten you with hell. If you know thaat you are sinning and continue to do so, you threaten yourself with hell.
this is not how it works...........
Really where does it say in THE WORD OF GOD, that I am not doing HIS will. You and others have taken ...[text shortened]... s? Where are you in THE WORD OF GOD? Are you apart of all THE WORD, or just in a few Scriptures?[/b]
Try reading the verses you cite.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference. 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

This says the same thing as all the other verses I cited. There is no difference in regards to who is saved. Everybody goes to God eventually.

Romans 2:1-3 (NIV)
(1) You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

(2) Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.

(3) So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

Rom 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

Why not preach the goodness of God?

S

Moves
02 Dec 05

You use the word - intercessor

But the definition of an intercessor is:

n : a negotiator who acts as a link between parties

Thus cannot be the same entity as either of the two parties. There is also clear indication that God and Jesus Christ are separate beings throughout the teaching of the Bible.

If you believe that they are the same entity ...[text shortened]... ot asking to get a rise, flame or anything else. I am trying to understand from whence you come.
You may have already been answered but let me tell you my take on this "delima" which you have presented us with. First of all have you ever heard of the trinity it is something i do not intend to pretend to fully understand and i don't think that anyone else should, but here's what it is God the Father, God the Son, and The Holy Ghost are all the same "entity" but all seperate. Now you see why its so confusing let me give you a visual paralle ar at least as close to paralle as posible. I belive it was Saint Patrick who described it as a three leaf clover: each leaf is completely seperate but at the same time one in the same. And I am assuming that one of your references is in Genesis where it says things like create them in OUR own image. Our of course being plural. Also with the whole Jesus as middle man "thing", I believe that the reference to 1 Timothy is being mis-interpreted I think that it is speaking of, not praying thrugh Jesus and Jesus alone but recieving reconciliation thrugh him. Which goes along with the "idea" of no one may come to the father except thrugh Him, and if you read you that it means him as in Jesus. Here is what my translation says: 5For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus.
Yes i do believe in Satan. How do you mean? That is a rather vague question.

S

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Instead write either "Unbelievers are comfortable in their sin," or "The unbeliever is comfortable in his or her sin." The latter, however, may take you down the slipperly slope towards relativism if you follow Ratzinger's logic--as wrong as it is, it might be an improvement for some RHP posters.

Multiple Personality disorder may be growing in severi ...[text shortened]... er to write in English or Spanish.

Its or is it It's would be an appropriate substitution when in the posessive form it is not plural plus it is a non-sex discript term, in other words it can mean both male and female.

S

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
God like to see his children tempted.

There's also a battle among the gods to see whether any can create a creature with free will and be worshipped by them.
Ok im sorry but that is totally incorrect God never tepts his children he may test but he never tampts and yes there is a difference.
Plus did you say gods as in plural last time i checked there was only one god and its not satan.

S

Moves
02 Dec 05

Ok.... so Satan is a part of the equation. They are on opposite sides of the War - which, as I understand it, is an eternal war between good and evil, yes?

I am curious though.... if God is All-Powerful, hates sin, Lucifer is rife with sin, perpeutates is with every fiber of his being and with every moment of humanity's life on this planet AND is the vehement enemy of God, then why does God not smite him?
Ok first of all you must understand that Satan doesn't want to be in Hell anymore than we do. In the end when the unrightous and satan will recieve their judgment Satan will be cast into hell with rest of the ones who chose not to walk with God. THat will be the time of smiting.

S

Moves
02 Dec 05

Most of them?

That would tell me then, that the Holy Trinity of God is not universal.... therefore, not part of the core Christian Doctrine. If it were accepted by all, then it would be universal.

If the Trinity is not a univerally accepted core of the Christian Doctrine, then how can it be Truth? Or is it that the interepretations of those who do ...[text shortened]... t..... How can it be interpreted in so many ways? Why are there so many different denominations?
The best way in my opinion to know which translation is correct is to not depend on a translation at all one of the things that, when going to (im not sure of the term but its when you go to a college to learn to be an official preacher, minister, or which ever term you prefer.)is to learn how to read Greek and Hebrew so as to go to the roots of the Bible for yourself as it was originally written. Quite frankely every denomination thinks that they are correct but only one is, if you're Baptist you think that Catholics are wrong and Baptists are correct. And when you think about Buddists think that Cristianity is wrong and Buddism is correct but that does not make them wright. The only thing you can do to decide which you think is wright is to not just listen to what your church leader says but to read the Bible yourself and decide which you believe is the closest to what you believe the Bible says and in all actuallity if you really "hunker down"with The Word and really get in touch with God he will help lead you in the right direction because he wants his children to reside with him in heven. Its just like my pastor says don't take my word for it look for yourselves.

S

Moves
02 Dec 05

There - thank you - THAT was a straight answer.
I believe personally that the Southern Baptist denomination is the most biblically correct. Catholasism is a works based denomination. Dosen't it say in the Bible that man can not come to God on works alone? If not I know it was something similar.

Also some of you are dealing with such trivial things such as perfect Grammer and Punctuation the best thoughts are ones based freely. So if you feel more comfortable saying what you want to say in a more irregular matter then by all means do it. Plus i must add that even though you share differing views did got not say love thy friends and thine enemies.