1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:17
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    That the Bible is anything other than a book full of BS pandering to [b]HATERS like your own sad self is your own delusional'self certified opinion' Robbie.

On the gay issue, methinks the JW doth project to much.[/b]
    How much is fifty shekels in Euro anyway????
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if you have issues with it then that's your affair, I have no issues with it and what is more it ignores the entire rest of the Biblical text but hey, who could ever accuse you of taking a verse in isolation and giving a distorted appraisal of it.
    In other words you get to cherry pick which parts of the bible you believe in?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:21
    That the Bible is anything other than a book full of BS pandering to [b]HATERS like your own sad self is your own delusional'self certified opinion' Robbie.

On the gay issue, methinks the JW doth project to much.[/b]
    all that literature and art and music that it inspired, from Handel to Carravagio, from Titian to Dali, hard to argue with empirical evidence isn't it Kev, clearly these great artists had a completely different view of it than you, but then again, they were only great artists. The lady doth protest too much is a nonsense, happily married for fourteen years and get this, its to a real women believe it or not.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I believe its all inspired.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Robbie, as I have said before,
    the bible does not make itself clear and plain.
    It uses parables and figurative language and as such anyone
    can take a passage and use it to further their own argument.

How many times has one preacher disputed a point with another preacher?

If it was plain then the whole world would have one religion.

As far as I am concerned the world would be better off without ANY religion.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:23
    The Effects of Emasculation

http://queerfearscarewithatwist.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/effects-of-emasculation-part-i-nsfw.html

video contains some bad language and while i certainly do not endorse any of its content it raises some interesting points.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:27
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Robbie, as I have said before,
    the bible does not make itself clear and plain.
    It uses parables and figurative language and as such anyone
    can take a passage and use it to further their own argument.

How many times has one preacher disputed a point with another preacher?

If it was plain then the whole world would have one religion.

As far as I am concerned the world would be better off without ANY religion.
    again religion is not the same as spirituality, unless you apply the principals its simply a dead ritual. Christianity at its inception was all about the individual, small people really mattered, the cosmic fight over good and evil was played out on an individual level, as soon as there was a clergy laity distinction, this individuality was lost.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:34
    again religion is not the same as spirituality, unless you apply the principals its simply a dead ritual. Christianity at its inception was all about the individual, small people really mattered, the cosmic fight over good and evil was played out on an individual level, as soon as there was a clergy laity distinction, this individuality was lost.
    the cosmic fight is a joke though isnt it. whats the point in playing it out on an individual level when the out come has already been decided by the big man. its a fix i tell ya.
  9. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:341 edit
    I agree but you haven't addressed my point that anyone can use passages from the bible
    to further their own argument.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:42
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I agree but you haven't addressed my point that anyone can use passages from the bible
    to further their own argument.
    No i do not believe they can, truth does not lie between two polarities.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:43
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the cosmic fight is a joke though isnt it. whats the point in playing it out on an individual level when the out come has already been decided by the big man. its a fix i tell ya.
    no its not, unless you are a psychopath that has no sense of what is moral and what is
    not.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:44
    all that literature and art and music that it inspired, from Handel to Carravagio, from Titian to Dali, hard to argue with empirical evidence isn't it Kev, clearly these great artists had a completely different view of it than you, but then again, they were only great artists. The lady doth protest too much is a nonsense, happily married for fourteen years and get this, its to a real women believe it or not.
    Well none of that literature and art is even close to being Empirical evidence concerning the veracity of biblical claims Robbie, but hey, dont let something as urbane as sanity stop you having fun and oppressing women.

So being married is proof of heterosexuality, Mmm really, btw I do not suppose you would care to guess how many of those great artist's were gay.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:511 edit
    Well none of that literature and art is even close to being Empirical evidence concerning the veracity of biblical claims Robbie, but hey, dont let something as urbane as sanity stop you having fun and oppressing women.

So being married is proof of heterosexuality, Mmm really, btw I do not suppose you would care to guess how many of those great artist's were gay.
    Its empirical evidence that others held it in high esteem Kev, but hey, dont let some of
    the greatest minds and talents in the history of humanity get in the way of your
    prejudices and no i would not care to guess how many of those artists were gay, where
    they put their willies is none of my business but i am sure you may find the details
    fascinating. Being happily married is proof of my happiness contradicting your
    ludicrous hate speech that I am, sad, just sayin.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 16:05
    no its not, unless you are a psychopath that has no sense of what is moral and what is
    not.
    huh?!? your bible already outlines who's going to win the battle and what is going to happen to humanity. so its fixed. the only relevance for my morals is how it effects me personally and the people around me. what we do as individuals has no effect on the battle between good and evil. god wins regardless.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 16:08
    Paul wrote more books of the Bible than anyone else, that Jesus never mentioned the matter is significant how and on what basis are they disputing Pauls authorship?
    I find it ironic that the two major crisis which have hit the Christian church in recent years, that of homosexuality and women, stem from the (alleged) writings of Paul and not anything Jesus said.

As for the disputed verse -

Norman Perrin analyzed the Greek used by the author or authors of the Pastoral Epistles, finding that over 1/3 of their vocabulary is not used anywhere else in the Pauline epistles; more than 1/5 is not used anywhere else in the New Testament, while 2/3 of the non-Pauline vocabulary are used by 2nd century Christian writers. Richard Heard, in 1950, had this to say: "The evidence of teaching as of style and vocabulary is strongly against Paul’s authorship, nor are these arguments seriously weakened by any supposition that the epistles were written late in Paul’s lifetime and to meet a new type of situation. The three epistles show such a unity of thought and expression that they must be the work of one man, but for the author we must look rather to one of Paul’s admirers than to Paul himself."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_to_Timothy

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree