Calling All Aliens

Calling All Aliens

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
We've been here before. This is one of your passive aggressive fallback positions.

Ah, you're putting on your psychologist hat.

Okay. Have you seen any of the good videos by Sam Valenken on malignant narcissism ?

Have you checked any of the good Youtubes on dealing with a covert Narcissist ?

I have of course written thousands and thousands of posts on a whole range of issues and questions that pertain to the human condition that I believe are spiritual matters.

Which thread among your thousands are you feeling the best about ?
Maybe there I could find some positive philosophy or beliefs which would rival the Gospel of the Son of God.

Where is your finest work ?

You have chosen not to engage. That is fine by me. You have convinced yourself that you are immortal.

Now now. My New Testament says that God ALONE ... has immortality.
Right here:

" [God] Who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen nor can see, to whom be honor and eternal might. Amen." (1 Tim. 6:16)

I would say that the Triune God ALONE has immortality. It is the case that in His full salvation He dispenses what He is and has into His saved people.

So any immortality I have is from Him dispensing God as life into me.
Is that kind of what you meant ?

There is no onus on me to supersede and replace the elaborate ideology that so excites your imagination in this way with "something (that you will think is) better".

No there is no onus on you to be anything but a grumpy troll.
True.

And that you have perfected to an art form.
A true maestro of troll-dum.

F

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by sonship
But if the word "quip" is a real bother to you, maybe I'll think of another word.

"Beef?" "Objection?"
"Major obstacle?"
"Unsurmountable barrier ?"

" Total showstopper to believing the Bible?"
Is a belief in supernatural phenomena and supernatural beings necessary for "believing the Bible" or not?

If it is, then of course it is a "Major obstacle".

What kind of point are you trying to make?

F

Moves
25 May 17

Which thread among your thousands are you feeling the best about ?
Maybe there I could find some positive philosophy or beliefs which would rival the Gospel of the Son of God. Where is your finest work ?
Why do you need an alternative from me to "rival the Gospel of the Son of God"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17
1 edit

The funniest thing about the charge of "passive aggressive" -
When someone does get aggressive - aggressive, these whiners are the first to demand an apology or insist that you are being un-Christian.

F

Moves
25 May 17

Okay. Have you seen any of the good videos by Sam Valenken on malignant narcissism ?

Have you checked any of the good Youtubes on dealing with a covert Narcissist ?
Er... what's this all about, sonship?

"Malignant narcissism"? "Dealing with a covert narcissist"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Why do you need an alternative from me to "rival the Gospel of the Son of God"?
Why not ?

Spirituality
Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

You can always just tell us - "I have nothing better."

F

Moves
25 May 17

The funniest thing about the charge of "passive aggressive" -
When someone does get aggressive - aggressive, these whiners are the first to demand an apology or insist that you are being un-Christian.
I am not asking for an apology. The last time you asked me to show you examples of what I had contributed to discussions on spirituality-related issues - from my non-Christian point of view - I went away and found some links to threads I had started about health, justice, marriage, human rights, sexuality, morality. And you just disappeared for several days without response. And when I pressed you on it, you simply said you weren't interested in any of that stuff. So, the whole thing is an exercise in passive aggressive 'make work'. I won't fall for it again.

c

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Is a belief in supernatural phenomena and supernatural beings necessary for "believing the Bible" or not?

If it is, then of course it is a "Major obstacle".

What kind of point are you trying to make?
I really don't see how you could have been "a strong Christian, for many many years", as you have recently claimed in another thread.

Your bitterness and coldness toward God just flow with every post you make. And yes, it is very peculiar.

F

Moves
25 May 17

[So any immortality I have is from Him dispensing God as life into me.
Is that kind of what you meant ?
So if I were to accept your challenge and offer you "something better", would it - bottom line - have to guarantee you immortality?

F

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
I really don't see how you could have been "a strong Christian, for many many years", as you have recently claimed in another thread.

Your bitterness and coldness toward God just flow with every post you make. And yes, it is very peculiar.
How should a non-Christian be and what should they say?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Er... what's this all about, sonship?

"Malignant narcissism"? "Dealing with a covert narcissist"?
No its about you.
Does that answer your question ?

Malignant Self Love - Sam Valenken.
Check out some of his lectures.
He admits that he suffers from it. But in his suffering he has become an expert at helping others.

Oh some of the symptoms I think apply to everyone a bit.
I would not say nothing there reminds me of patterns of behavior I have had.

it is not too effective to psychologically pigeonhole me into some malady because I freely admit that I need the Lord Jesus Christ to save me thoroughly within from the inside out.

I still need to be saved from much.
And as I am being saved, why not come here and share with others about the Savior Jesus ?

Christians aren't perfect, just undergoing the process of Christ's sanctification.

Now I expect you to torture out some good leading question for me from this post.
Show us all your stuff again.

F

Moves
25 May 17

No its about you.
Does that answer your question ?

[b] Malignant Self Love
- Sam Valenken.
Check out some of his lectures.
He admits that he suffers from it. But in his suffering he has become an expert at helping others.

Oh some of the symptoms I think apply to everyone a bit.
I would not say nothing there reminds me of patterns of behavi ...[text shortened]... ior Jesus ?

Christians are perfect, just undergoing the process of Christ's sanctification.[/b]
So you are saying you think I am a malignant narcissist? And you want me to watch a video about it?

c

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
How should a non-Christian be and what should they say?
You are not acting as a person who was a Christian, but then changed their mind.

You are acting like you and God went through a vicious and bitter 'divorce', in which you now cannot wait to lash out at Him whenever possible. It is very obvious to me, maybe others don't agree, or see it that way, but I do.

F

Moves
25 May 17

Show us all your stuff again.
This is what I mean by you being passive aggressive.

What happened the last time I showed you stuff?

You, a profoundly religious man, has challenged me to offer you some other religion or something "better" than yours? You can't see how that is nothing but a passive aggressive gimmick?

F

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
You are not acting as a person who was a Christian, but then changed their mind.
How do you think a non-Christian should act and what things should they say?