24 Nov '18 09:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 12:152 edits
    @divegeester

So around and around in circles we go again. No thanks.

You can reject that the Father is God.
    But is God.

You can reject that the seven Spirits of God are God.
    But God is Spirit and the seven Spirits of God also mean God - the Holy Spirit.

You can reject that the Son, the Faithful Witness is God.
    But the Son is God incarnate as a man.

Or you can reject something else.
    Who knows what it is that you reject about the revelation of the Triune God? Who knows?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 12:25
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

So around and around in circles we go again. No thanks.

You can reject that the Father is God.
    But is God.

You can reject that the seven Spirits of God are God.
    But God is Spirit and the seven Spirits of God also mean God - the Holy Spirit.

You can reject that the Son, the Faithful Witness is God.
    But the Son is God incarnate as a man.

Or you ca ...[text shortened]... thing else.
    Who knows what it is that you reject about the revelation of the Triune God? Who knows?
    There you go again, conflating my rejection of your man made interpretation of the Godhead as me rejecting scripture. KellyJay does the same thing.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 12:42
    Now the Triune God in Revelation is not the Modalistic God of some in Pentecostal Oneness.

For all three in existence simultanously at one time.

The Father and the Son are together present in Revelation 11:15.

And the seventh angel trumpeted; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying,

The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever." (Rev. 11:15)

See? The Lord AND ... His CHRIST must mean the Father and the Son.

Of course the Father and the Son are together simultaneously already in chapter 5.

And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea and all things in them, I heard saying,

To Him who sits upon the throne AND THE THE LAMB ... be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever. And the four living creatures said, Amen, and the elders fell down and worshipped." (Rev. 5:13,14)

This is a picture of the universal worship of all creation to the Father and the Son. This upholds the revelation of the Trinity.

In chapter 4 the Father as Creator and the Spirit are seen simultaneously also completing the vision of the Father - Son - Spirit together simultaneously.

Immediately I was in spirit; and behold, there was a throne set in heaven, and upon the throne there was One sitting.

And He who was sitting was like a jasper stone and a sardius in appearance, and there was a rainbow around the throne like an emerald in appearance. (v.2-3)

And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. (v5b)

Here the seven Spirits of God are before the throne of the Creator. Surely this is the Father and the Spirit. And latter in chapter 5 the Lamb, the Redeemer - the Son of God is seen.

The three simultanously are there. And mysteriously the seven Spirits which are seen as lamps in chapter 4 become the very EYES of the Lamb the Son in chapter 5.

And I saw in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures and in the midst of the elders a Lamv standing as having just been slain,

having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. "(Rev. 5:6)

The EYES of the Redeemer, the Lamb -Jesus Christ are the Holy Spirit. You cannot separate a person's eyes from that person's inner soul. The seven Spirits as the Spirit of God are seven lamps in chapter 4. But they become the seven EYES of the Son of God in chapter 5.

The simultaneous living and existing of the Three "Persons" is revealed in Revelation 4 and 5.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 12:44
    I have a feeling I’m the only other poster reading this thread 😆
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 12:561 edit
    @divegeester

your man made interpretation of the Godhead

If I understand Oneness Modalism, the Son is a mode of the Father such that when the Son is here the Father is not.

But in Revelation the Son says He will sit with His Father on His throne.

"He who overcomes, to him I will give to set with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat with My Father on His throne." (Rev. 3:21)

Now if the Son is WITH THE FATHER on the Father's throne, the concept revealed is that both Father and Son are simultaneously living and existing.

Yet God is one.

Correspondingly, the New Jerusalem is said to come down from the Father as the city of "My God" ... Christ the Son's God. How can not eternity future then not contain the Father and the Son simultaneously forever as Two? I don't believe Christ is speaking of "My God" in any sense that He, the Son, will be NO MORE.

"He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and MY new name." (Rev. 3:12)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 12:594 edits
    @divegeester

That's an evil looking little grin there.

Is this wishful thinking for you ?

Is the truth determined by how many readers there are ?
    You're really scrapping at the bottom of your barrel now.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 13:091 edit
    Here again the Father and the Son depicted as simultaneously alive and present.

And the kings of the earth and the great men and the generals and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains;

And they say to the mountains and to the rocks,

Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits upon the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb; For the great day of THEIR wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" (Rev. 6:15-16)

This is the first time I noticed that the Father and the Son are referred there with the pronoun "THEIR".

" Him who sits upon the throne and from the Lamb; ... THEIR wrath has come ..."

I never read that in any book or message Divegeester.

You way too much overplay the copycat card.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 13:29
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

That's an evil looking little grin there.
    Do you think so?
    It looks like a standard emoji to me.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 13:301 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

your man made interpretation of the Godhead

If I understand Oneness Modalism, the Son is a mode of the Father such that when the Son is here the Father is not.
    But in Revelation the Son says He will sit with His Father on His throne.
    If I reject your trinity teaching will I in anyway, because of that alone, be excluded from salvation?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 13:402 edits
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 13:562 edits
    @divegeester
    If I reject your trinity teaching will I in anyway, because of that alone, be excluded from salvation?

Tell us what you think. Whatever I write you'll only keep repeating the question.

So just tell us what you think. Good enough.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:182 edits
    In the meantime.

I am fascinated with Christ identifying Himself as God of the whole Bible in Revelation 1.

It bears repeating with a bit more emphasis.

Compare Isaiah 48:12 and Revelation 1:18
    " Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, whom I called;
    I am He; I am the First, I am also the Last.

Indeed My hand laid the foundation of the earth, My right hand spread out the heavens; When I call them they stand together." (Isaiah 48:12,13)

The resurrected and glorified Jesus Christ in Revelation

"Do not fear; I am the First and the Last and the living One; and I became dead, and behold, I am living forever and ever; and I have the keys of death and of Hades. " (Rev. 1:17b,18)

God has gone through a process. This I learned from Witness Lee.

Creation, ( I mean He created all), Incarnation, Human Living, Death, Resurrection, Ascension, Enthronement, Dispensing.

The Triune God passed through a process in order to reach His destination of man. What God is in His triune nature cannot be separated from His operation to arrive at man and INTO Man as His destination.

On the way He picked up the keys of death and of Hades.
    He stopped in Death's hotel and checked out taking with Him the keys.

What a God. What a Savior. Don't listen to the heresies of ThinkOfOne. This God -man still has His ministry as seen in His priestly garment caring for the shinning of the local churches in the church age.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:20
    Don't listen to the lie that Christ's ministry has been terminated or ever WILL be terminated.

He EVER LIVES unto eternity to SAVE us to the uttermost through His ministry of intercession to the Father.

Having therefore a great High Priest who has passed through the havens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast the confession. (Heb. 4:14)

This High Priest has passed through the heavens to arrive at the highest peak of existence.

He is able to sympathize with our weaknesses.

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot be touched with the feeling of our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all respects like us, yet without sin." (Heb 4:15)

REMEMBER - His FEET in the vision were as they were bronze fired in a furnace. He has walked through the furnace of trial and temptation and come out VICTORIOUS.

"Let us therefore come forward with boldness to the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and find grace for TIMELY HELP." (Heb 4:16)

Grace and mercy for TIMELY HELP are received from this High Priest. We should come to Him BOLDLY, we come washed in His blood, Justified, forgiven, ready to receive God into us.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:28
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Whatever I write you'll only keep repeating the question.
    I will completely accept whatever you say as long as you start your response with an unequivocal yes, or a no just so I know where I stand. Please feel free to respond. Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree