1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:31
    @divegeester

You don't understand. I no longer care to answer.

If you have some ideas you do not need to form them as a tough question. Just STATE what it is as your opinion about the matter.

Just STATE what you want to state about salvation and the belief in the Trinity. Stop trying to corner others to state something.

You state whatever you want to state.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:455 edits
    Now an entire thread could EASILY be devoted to the matter of repeating what you have learned from others.

This seems to be the cardinal sin for Divegeester. Somehow he wants to win some trophy, it appears, for originality.

I could debate this all day. Suffice it to say that the disciples in the early days - "continued steadfastly in the teaching and fellowship of the apostles ... " (Acts 2:42a)

I don't consider myself as doing anything else. I am just continuing in the fellowship and teaching of the apostles.

Bringing it home.

"The things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace will be with you." (Philippians 4:9)

I not only thank God for the fellowship and teaching of the apostles, I also thank God for present day examples of men and women whose life, ways, teaching I also may closely follow unto God's blessing.

Again, we teach others that they may teach others in turn. DUH !

Paul to Timothy his younger brother and servant of the Lord -

"You therefore, my child, be empowered in the grace which is in Christ Jesus.

And the things which you have heard from me through many witnesses, these commit to faithful men, who will be competent to teach others also." (2 Tim. 2:2)

Maybe DIvegeester's version reads -

"Timothy, HOW DARE you copy what I said! Where's the credit to ME boy! People want originality. Stop saying what I said. Stop repeating to others what I wrote. Plagiarist! Be more original."
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:521 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    You don't understand. I no longer care to answer.
    You have NEVER cared to answer sonship, and we both know why don’t we 😉

#checkmatequestions
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:56
    Rejecting the trinity doctrine will do no Christian any harm whatsoever. Firstly it is error, secondly if it not a salvation issue.

God is one, not three. I am a Christian and I reject the false teaching of the trinity. If I am in danger of losing or of never even of had my salvation, then please help me by being unequivocal.

Thank you.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:56
    @divegeester

NO we don't "both" know that.

I know that multiple times and in multiple ways I did my BEST to address your question.

So cut with the "we both know" crap.

IF you have an opinion about it, just state what you think and back it up.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:58
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

NO we don't "both" know that.

I know that multiple times and in multiple ways I did my BEST to address your question.

So cut with the "we both know" crap.

IF you have an opinion about it, just state what you think and back it up.
    I just have. And yes we do both know why you won’t answer, I’ve laid it out to you dozens of times.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 15:051 edit
    @divegeester

Rejecting the trinity doctrine will do no Christian any harm whatsoever

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Father ?

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Son ?

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Holy Spirit ?

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Father and Son and Holy Spirit ?

If yes is the answer to the last one then you can reject the trinity doctrine yet receive the Trinity.

Thankyou. (and ... checkmate)
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 15:10
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Father and Son and Ho ...[text shortened]... hen you can reject the trinity doctrine yet receive the Trinity.

Well what are the answers?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 00:04
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Father and Son and Ho ...[text shortened]... hen you can reject the trinity doctrine yet receive the Trinity.

If you want to accept the Trinity doctrine and just sit back and say you don't because of the word "trinity" and all the other claptrap you've heard people say and just want another opportunity to bounce up and down on organized religion, then that's great. Knock yourself out.

And no, I do not think that even actual Unitarians are in danger of losing their salvation simply for one thing they get wrong, do you?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 00:06

Removed by poster

11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 00:10
    @Suzianne

I just realized I replied to sonship, thinking that divegeester typed this.

Anyways, my comment is directed at divegeester.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 00:11
    @suzianne said
    divegeester is asking sonship to answer his own questions. What difference does it make if he asks him straight away or waits before asking him to do so. I think you misread the exchange between them.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 07:44
    @suzianne said
    And no, I do not think that even actual Unitarians are in danger of losing their salvation simply for one thing they get wrong, do you?
    Well I’ve been asking sonship more of less this question for the last 3 years now and I still can’t get a straight answer out of him.

You must have seen me asking him, discussing it across dozens of threads? And yet you have NEVER, not even once questioned him on why he won’t give a straight answer. Why is that?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 07:573 edits
    @divegeester

I am pretty sure that KellyJay confesses that Jesus is Lord.
    I am pretty sure that Dbjecker confesses that Jesus is Lord.
    I am pretty sure that Suzianna confesses Jesus is Lord.
    I am pretty sure that I confess that Jesus is Lord.

With whom do you feel a closer kinship in unity and oneness - with KellyJay, Dbjecker, Suzianna and me, or with FMF the confessed Atheist?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 08:03
    @sonship said
    With whom do you feel a closer kinship in unity and oneness - with KellyJay, Dbjecker, Suzianna and me, or with FMF the confessed Atheist?
    I describe myself as an agnostic atheist ~ no need to capitalize either word.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree