1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 08:16
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I am pretty sure that KellyJay confesses that Jesus is Lord.
    I am pretty sure that Dbjecker confesses that Jesus is Lord.
    I am pretty sure that Suzianna confesses Jesus is Lord.
    I am pretty sure that I confess that Jesus is Lord.

With whom do you feel a closer kinship in unity and oneness - with KellyJay, Dbjecker, Suzianna and me, or with FMF the confessed Atheist?
    I don’t feel a “kinship and oneness” with any of you.

What I do feel is a mild sense of intrigue as I probe your prickly vanity as you refuse to answer laser-beamed question about your beliefs.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 08:18
    For example (again);

Sonship, will my outright rejection of your version (or any version) of the trinity teaching in any way preclude me from salvation, yes or no?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 11:264 edits
    @divegeester

What I do feel is a mild sense of intrigue as I probe your prickly vanity as you refuse to answer laser-beamed question about your beliefs.

Instead of answering the question head on as you demand others do for you, sidestep with talk about the "prickly vanity" of a questioner and offer a chest beating, self appreciating bragging about YOURSELF to-boot.

That may impress some.

With whom do you sense a closer unity? ... with me who confesses Jesus is Lord and has been raised from the dead (Rom 10:9) OR with FMF who so frequently comes behind you to support your argumentative posts?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 11:29
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Instead of answering the question head on as you demand others do for you, sidestep with talk about "prickly vanity" and a chest beating boast about YOUSELF to-boot.

That may impress some.
    ...[text shortened]... om the dead (Rom 10:9) OR with FMF who so frequently comes behind you to support your posts?
    1) What do you mean by unity?

2) you have recent history of firing questions at me and then impolitely refusing to reciprocate. So...if I answer your question unequivocally will you give me a YES of a NO to mine?

Lol here we go.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 11:30
    This one,

Sonship, will my outright rejection of your version (or any version) of the trinity teaching in any way preclude me from salvation, yes or no?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 11:50
    @divegeester

Your answer has been given many times.
    The last one was above in the last few days.

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Father ?

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Son ?

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Holy Spirit ?

Can you reject the trinity doctrine and receive the Father and Son and Holy Spirit ?

If yes is the answer to the last one then you can reject the trinity doctrine yet receive the Trinity.

Thankyou. (and ... checkmate)

You speak of laser beams ? Okay focus on the last point.

If yes is the answer to the last one then you can reject the trinity doctrine yet receive the Trinity.

In history it seems some people have believed the DOCTRINE of Justification by Faith yet have not been saved.

And some not knowing much at all about the doctrine of Justification by Faith were saved, so they were justified.

Also in history some not believing some presentation of the doctrine of the trinity were nonetheless receivers OF the Son of God.

And if they were they received the Trinity even though they had intellectual objections to the doctrine of the trinity.

Because to receive the Son is to receive the Father ALSO. Therefore to receive the living Person of the Son was to receive the living Person of the Triune God.

So says the word of God.

Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father EITHER; he who confesses the Son has the Father ALSO." (1 John 2:23)

Now with WHO do you feel a closer brotherhood, unity of peace, bond of same-minded-ness (if not total agreement)

with me who acknowledges the Son of God or with FMF who is ready now in the wings to fully support your debating me ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 11:581 edit
    KellyJay,

I know you and I do not see everything in the Bible exactly the same. For one you are for YEC, I have chosen "Gap" OEC.

With whom do you feel a closer bond of same-mindedness, same spiritual unity? ...with me who confesses the Son of God or with FMF ?

Answer if you can.

Dbjecker,'

I am certain we could find something to quibble about in the BIble. But to who do you feel more of a kinship of spiritual bond, with me or with FMF?

Suzianne,

I know that you seem to reject what I wrote about eternal punishment. And there are other things I bet we would not agree on.

With who do you feel more of a uniting bond of spiritual unity? ... with me or with FMF ?

Answer if you can please.

I am out here on a limb now, so give a reply to settle a matter one way or another.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 12:06
    @sonship

divegeester is a longstanding friend of mine with whom I have spent countless hours discussing Christianity. We have different beliefs. Why are you acting in such a paranoid way? You seem to be demanding fealty - on an online message board - from someone who is clearly unimpressed by you, your character, your mind, your behaviour. What an odd combination of neediness and pouting on your part. Does your belief in Jesus prevent you from having any friendships with people you have different beliefs from?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 12:102 edits
    @FMF

divegeester is a longstanding friend of mine with whom I have spent countless hours discussing Christianity. We have different beliefs.

Thankyou for your submitting that information. It is fair that you do so.

I did not say he should not be your friend or you two should have no relationship. That's nice that you do talk about beliefs.

But you are coming in to help him answer a question I put to him. He's a big boy. Let's see how he would answer.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 12:203 edits
    In the mean time - a bit more on Christ in Revelation 1 and 2.

The seven churches cover just about ALL situations of the Christian church down through the centuries. This I believe is the purpose of the seven letters.

In each of the letters Christ reminds the church of some aspect of Himself already revealed in the vision of Him to John.

His recommending THAT part of His character is meant to be related to a particular positive or negative aspect of the local church to whom He is addressing.

This is really fascinating. What His characteristics are the ANSWER to the problems of each church. In this way Christ shows that His ministry is effective throughout the various stages of health or unhealth of the Christian church.

The book that taught me this the MOST and for the FIRST TIME was entitled "The Orthodoxy of the Church" by Watchman Nee.

Brethren writers such as Andrew Miller ("Miller's Church History" ) , before Nee, had also elaborated on the seven letters to the seven churches similarly.
    Nee probably derived help from them. And such help was passed on to others.

And if you LOVE the Lord Jesus and LOVE the word of God, you cannot but HELP being enlightened to some things in your own private study of His word.

I am a product of both kinds of benefit.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 12:22
    @sonship said
    @FMF

divegeester is a longstanding friend of mine with whom I have spent countless hours discussing Christianity. We have different beliefs.

Thankyou for your submitting that information. It is fair that you do so.

I did not say he should not be your friend or you two should have no relationship. That's nice that you do talk about beliefs.
    I get the impression that he just thinks you are a sanctimonious, narcissistic, fanatical jerk ~ an 'ugly Christian' - in the conventional sense of the word - and that he simply does not admire you and nor does he wish to emulate you. You think you are entitled to something on the interpersonal level just because you talk about Jesus all the time?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 12:28
    @sonship said
    He's big boy. Let's see how he would answer.
    No one has said that he isn't a "big boy". The fact that you want to see how he will answer has no bearing on me contributing to what's being talked about.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 12:363 edits
    @FMF

DIvegeester is a big boy. He can tell me what he thinks about it. You don't need to possesss him like a talking dummy sitting on your lap.

The ONENESS of the Body of Christ is the Triune God.

One Body and one Spirit, even as also you were called in one hope of your calling, One Lord, one faith, one baptism; One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Eph. 4:4,5)

The Spirit, the Lord, and the Father are the indwelling God and the uniting bond of peace in the One Body of Christ there.

And perhaps what the word calls loving God with our heart and mind and soul and strength, YOU call being "sanctimonious".

Sorry if you have no one to so pour out your love and worship to. Sure I love to talk about the Lord Jesus. Where else to do so around here but on a Spirituality forum for debate AND ... discussion.?

And you cannot answer these questions for this man. He has to answer them for himself.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 12:43
    @sonship said
    @FMF

DIvegeester is a big boy. He can tell me what he thinks about it. You don't need to possesss him like a talking dummy sitting on your lap.
    Nobody is stopping divegeester from answering. I am not possessing him. He is not like a talking dummy on my lap. Nobody has said he isn't a "big boy". If you ran your own blog, you wouldn't need to stoop to posts like this in order to deflect what people say; you would simply be able to delete comments you didn't like.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 12:43
    @sonship said
    Sorry if you have no one to so pour out your love and worship to.
    What on earth are you one about?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree