1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 01:42
    You know who I'm talking about. Yep, Ivanhoe, Kelly Jay, RBHill, Jaywill, and a host of others. Consider entering the sermon competition in the sermon competition thread. This is your chance to show us your proclamation skills. We all know that you like to argue, debate and wrestle with the fallen from grace on the site. Now here is a chance to bring them back home. I believe there is even one atheist who will make an appearance.

Remember that we are called to be salt and light.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 14:55
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You know who I'm talking about. Yep, Ivanhoe, Kelly Jay, RBHill, Jaywill, and a host of others. Consider entering the sermon competition in the sermon competition thread. This is your chance to show us your proclamation skills. We all know that you like to argue, debate and wrestle with the fallen from grace on the site. Now here is a chance to brin ...[text shortened]... n one atheist who will make an appearance.

Remember that we are called to be salt and light.
    Get real.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 15:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Get real.
    Kelly
    LOL 🙂
  4. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 15:36
    Get real.
    Kelly
    No, you're supposed to post your sermon in the other thread, I think.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 19:48
    Get real.
    Kelly
    As sermons go I must say I appreciate this one's brevity. And it almost has a gansta feel to it so I would give it extra points.
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 20:15
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    As sermons go I must say I appreciate this one's brevity. And it almost has a gansta feel to it so I would give it extra points.
    Sure, but given the mandated topic of the sermon, shouldn't this entry read "Got real"?
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 20:18
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Sure, but given the mandated topic of the sermon, shouldn't this entry read "Got real"?
    A little bit of first person always helps me connect.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 23:582 edits
    Get real.
    Kelly
    So what's the problem Kelly? Only the judges will be critiquing the "sermons". It'll be fun to hear what they have to say.
    Even Jesus hung out with the sinners. Which was everybody that was there at the time. I bet he had a smile on his face most of the time. Except when he was talking to the pharisees.

After all, it's really no different than any other postings we make. It's a chance to really make a point without any arguments from the crowd.

And besides that I'm here for the fun of it anyway. I just wish I could pay back insult for insult. That would really be fun. But I can't because it would weaken my testimony.

Is that what you're worried about? Do you feel that it is demeaning to God? To the faith?

I personally don't think so. I'm extremely serious about my faith, and I would love to see all the atheists on this site come to see the truth. They know I do! Jesus isn't a joke. They know that too. Even if they won't admit it.

I am enjoying getting to know all of you. You can't punch me in the nose, so I'm free to say anything I want without fear of repercussion, or concussion. I don't think there's anything wrong with a good fight, do you?

I'm rambling again...
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 00:22
    Originally posted by bbarr
    🙂
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 00:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    🙂
    Humor is good. But when it is to make light of God and His Word, isn't it a bit like joining the seat of the scornful?...No thanks, count me out.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 00:36
    So what's the problem Kelly? Only the judges will be critiquing the "sermons". It'll be fun to hear what they have to say.
    Even Jesus hung out with the sinners. Which was everybody that was there at the time. I bet he had a smile on his face most of the time. Except when he was talking to the pharisees.

After all, it's really no different than any other ...[text shortened]... ink there's anything wrong with a good fight, do you?

I'm rambling again...
    Perhaps I need to clarify this "competition." It is not about "arguing." It is not about ridiculing. It is not about insulting. It is about getting straight feedback about proclamation or preaching skills. I can assure you the judges will offer you better feedback than you will receive at any top ranked divinity school.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 00:37
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Humor is good. But when it is to make light of God and His Word, isn't it a bit like joining the seat of the scornful?...No thanks, count me out.
    There will be other rounds and you can decide if the topic is more fitting with what you might want to preach about. The door is "open."
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 01:10
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You won't find me making light of God and his word.
    I intend to make a serious post in there.

What makes you think it's a joke? Correct me if I'm wrong!
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 03:25
    Jesus isn't a joke. They know that too. Even if they won't admit it.
    Actually, I think Jesus is the worst joke to have ever been foisted upon mankind.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 03:321 edit
    Get real,
    become an atheist!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree