Calling out ThinkOfOne

Calling out ThinkOfOne

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@philokalia said
Using very exceptional language about it is simply to insult people who believe in it, it's not to try to shed some kind of new light on it. If you want to shed new light on something you should just make a post about it, describe it, you shouldn't hijack the typical words used to describe it. I find that to be against the sort of Good Will that Debaters should have when they discuss something.
It's an ideology centred on a god figure that tortures billions and billions of people as revenge for their lack of belief. If the sheer candour of calling that a "torturer god ideology" makes you feel "insulted", then maybe you should reflect upon it. Is it perhaps the voice of your conscience talking to you.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@philokalia said
The Doctrine of hell has been called that for an extremely long time and it's one of the most common and basic beliefs and go into Christianity. It's not as if it's something that is recent.
I suggest that you use the word "hell" then, and refrain from adopting the terminology I use. You should post as you see fit.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@secondson said
You're going to have to provide quotes to support that assertion, otherwise you're merely promoting a personal perception, which is nothing less than rumor mongering.
No, I am not going to provide you with quotes. There is no onus on me to prove anything to you. I have been having these conversations with proponents of the ideology stretching back over ten years. If you missed them, so be it.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@philokalia said
I think this is why this form is largely abandoned. It's dominated by few posters Who present the same ideas over and over again and do it in generally offencive Language.

I guess that since it's pretty hopeless that anything would change its kind of a waste of time and energy to dwell on this issue. But hey, it's good just to touch base on this once in a while, I guess. And there was nothing much else going on around here.
And yet you singled out Romans1009 as the Best Poster here back in 2018. You have been very open about what you think is good posting by a good poster.

S. Korea

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
And yet you singled out Romans1009 as the Best Poster here back in 2018. You have been very open about what you think is good posting by a good poster.
Right, I think he was a great poster who gave a sense of balance here. I'd love to see him return.

S. Korea

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
I suggest that you use the word "hell" then, and refrain from adopting the terminology I use. You should post as you see fit.
Fortunately, we're both doing that.

And you show, time and time again, that you are utterly unwilling to use remotely agreeable terminology or posting standards, while I regularly show that I am into that kind of balance.

And then you wonder why I like Romans, when the rationale is clear: he was a taste of your own medicine, more or less. Of course, he wasn't exactly the same, but the same in degree.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
Right, I think he was a great poster who gave a sense of balance here. I'd love to see him return.
Did you enjoy all Romans1009's creepy paedophilia humour? Did you enjoy him calling Ghost of a Duke a liar 300-400 times in just a few months, sometimes in 4-5 posts in a row? Did you enjoy him replying to hundreds and hundreds of posts with nothing except the catchphrase "You're pissing in the pool"?

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@philokalia said
And you show, time and time again, that you are utterly unwilling to use remotely agreeable terminology or posting standards, while I regularly show that I am into that kind of balance.
I think I use appropriate terminology. I think I express my ideas well. I am not as impressed by your posting as you seem to be. But you should post in the way you think is the best you can.

S. Korea

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
It's an ideology centred on a god figure that tortures billions and billions of people as revenge for their lack of belief. If the sheer candour of calling that a "torturer god ideology" makes you feel "insulted", then maybe you should reflect upon it. Is it perhaps the voice of your conscience talking to you.
Of the 105+ billion people that have lived, it seems unlikely that "billions and billions" of them have ever met the criteria for hell.

You don't have a charitable or accurate concept of the doctrine of hell, at least not as it is reflected by everyday believers, and thus you have an exaggerated and inaccurate picture.

Moreover if someone goes to hell for their actions and deedss, it is not God who inflicts on them, but it is they who inflict on themselves.

S. Korea

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
I think I use appropriate terminology. I think I express my ideas well. I am not as impressed by your posting as you seem to be. But you should post in the way you think is the best you can.
You're satisfied to disparage and insult the beliefs of others in the basic terminology that you use.

Noted.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Jan 19

@philokalia said
The real mistake, perhaps, is believed that people would have just there's semantics to have a more fair and open discussion.

I think this is why this form is largely abandoned. It's dominated by few posters Who present the same ideas over and over again and do it in generally offencive Language.

I guess that since it's pretty hopeless that anything would change its ...[text shortened]... o touch base on this once in a while, I guess. And there was nothing much else going on around here.
Par for the course philokalia. They killed Jesus because they believed a lie, and they killed this forum for the same reason.

Romans 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

How many times has it been said in this forum by the naysayers that God is a murderer? Among other things? When the Bible clearly depicts a God of love and mercy who willingly gave His own Son to die the death man deserves so that God can give eternal life to all who believe and trust in Jesus Christ.

That's what the Bible teaches, but there are those here that don't believe, and will tell lies about the truth the Bible teaches, even when they know their wrong.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@philokalia said
And then you wonder why I like Romans, when the rationale is clear: he was a taste of your own medicine, more or less.
I didn't post like Romans1009. Not at all. Ghost of a Duke - who bore the brunt of Romans1009's creepy trolling, along with divegeester and there was also ThinkOfOne and Rajk999 and Wolfgang59 and others - did not post even remotely like Romans1009. You seem to be an extremely poor judge of these matters.

S. Korea

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
Did you enjoy all Romans1009's creepy paedophilia humour? Did you enjoy him calling Ghost of a Duke a liar 300-400 times in just a few months, sometimes in 4-5 posts in a row? Did you enjoy him replying to hundreds and hundreds of posts with nothing except the catchphrase "You're pissing in the pool"?
I didn't pay that much attention to it, tbh, but it was better then. It was annoying in the sense that threads moved very quickly, but it felt like there was more happening than just the same annoying narratives and the same two figures needling everyone.

It's good to see needlers get needled, I guess. Perhaps that's a bit of a negative thing to say but it served its purpose well.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@philokalia said
You're satisfied to disparage and insult the beliefs of others in the basic terminology that you use.
If you feel "insulted" by such a plain-spoken encapsulation of the morally incoherent ideology then maybe, on a subconscious level, you are ashamed and embarrassed with the ideas you have been inculcated with.

S. Korea

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
I didn't post like Romans1009. Not at all. Ghost of a Duke - who bore the brunt of Romans1009's creepy trolling, along with divegeester and there was also ThinkOfOne and Rajk999 and Wolfgang59 and others - did not post even remotely like Romans1009. You seem to be an extremely poor judge of these matters.
It's the same category of posting, though.