Calling out ThinkOfOne

Calling out ThinkOfOne

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

I don't think I saw yet where you say you defended me on page 37.

T

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

I don't think I saw yet where you say you defended me on page 37.
Four posts up from the bottom.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19

@ThinkOfOne

Actually the point was that you should trust what JESUS said.

The problem is that you don't believe the gospel that Jesus preached while He walked the Earth. Even when it's pointed out to you in painstaking detail, you don't believe it.

Hmmmm. I see.

So ... I have really not entrusted my eternal destiny to Jesus ?

I never received Jesus?
Never believed His words ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jan 19

@thinkofone said

The problem is that you don't believe the gospel that Jesus preached while He walked the Earth. Even when it's pointed out to you in painstaking detail, you don't believe it.
What about the Jesus that is sitting at the right hand of God?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 19

@KellyJay

Kelly, ThinkOfOne informs me that I never believed in Jesus Christ.

I don't understand. I thought that night in the privacy of my home in the early 70s I surrendered my heart to Jesus.

ThinkOfOne wasn't there to help or correct my prayer though.

He says I never believed in the words of Jesus !

What do you think?

T

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

Hmmmm. I see.

I never received Jesus?
Never believed His words ?
In John 12, Jesus clearly and unambiguously declared that:
" the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day."

The point is that JESUS said that that it's the words HE "spoke" that "will judge". The point is that JESUS said "spoke" which past tense.

I never received Jesus?

From what I gather, you have "entrusted [your] eternal destiny" to a gospel other than the one that Jesus preached while He walked the Earth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jan 19

@sonship said
@KellyJay

Kelly, ThinkOfOne informs me that I never believed in Jesus Christ.

I don't understand. I thought that night in the privacy of my home in the early 70s I surrendered my heart to Jesus.

ThinkOfOne wasn't there to help or correct my prayer though.

He says I never believed in the words of Jesus !

What do you think?
It appears he thinks the Bible passages he likes are magical or something, because he only addresses the text not God behind the scripture, nor the Son of God, limiting his point of view to a Jesus that walked the earth. Well there were a lot of people who walked the earth and are dead. His Jesus seems to be on par with them, and I guess he thinks his favorite text has some mystical powers, not all text just those he likes and talks about, and even they he doesn't abide by every word he quotes when questioned.

He does claim to know how everyone else is mislead in their grasp scripture, only he knows what is true. Well that claim is between him and God, since God said He would send the Holy Spirit to us to lead and teach us, I didn't see any scripture telling us to wait until ThinkOfOne shows up so he could tell us the truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 19

@KellyJay

I think you put it well.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 19
2 edits

@ThinkOfOne

He spoke in chapter five that judgment would be given by Him.

And in Matthew 12:37 He even says our OWN words will be the cause of our being justified or convicted.

" And I say to you that every idle word which men shall speak, they shall render account concerning it in the day of judgment;

For by your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be convicted." (Matt. 12:26,27)

Just as assuredly as it was Jesus who died on that cross for you it will be Jesus before whom you will stand to be judged.

You should not expect that only an existential tape recorder will be there playing the words of a dead man. And our OWN words spoken, even down to the idle ones, will enter into His judgment.

The point is that JESUS said that that it's the words HE "spoke" that "will judge". The point is that JESUS said "spoke" which past tense.

Even so your twisting and hammering into shape your unbelief in the Gospel is exposed as foolish and self deceptive.

"His words that He spoke in the past tense" is simply your forcing your rejection of Christ into a rationale that you think makes sense.

"His words" you reject.
His words "while He walked the earth" you reject.
And His words coming to us through His apostles as delegated authorities, you reject.

Me:

I never received Jesus?

From what I gather, you have "entrusted [your] eternal destiny" to a gospel other than the one that Jesus preached while He walked the Earth.

Show us the phrase "walked the earth" in the New Testament as the sole qualifying criteria for receiving God's word.

Ironically when He "walked the earth" and spoke, even THOSE words you filter out selectively. It is not a matter of when Jesus walked the earth for you. It is more a matter of when YOU walked the earth in unbelief and atheism.

You should go to the God your sinful nature does not want to be, and ask Him for mercy, and mercy, and more mercy to open your blinded heart to be granted the ability TO believe and TO receive Jesus as Lord.

You are in need of God's mercy to free your blinded heart.

T

Moves
23 Jan 19
3 edits

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

He spoke in chapter five that judgment would be given by Him.

And in Matthew 12:37 He even says our OWN words will be the cause of our being justified or convicted.

[quote] [b]" And I say to you that every ...[text shortened]... believe and TO receive Jesus as Lord.

You are in need of God's mercy to free your blinded heart.
It's really simple jaywill.

There is the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

There is a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.

You believe in a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.

You neither hear nor understand what Jesus is saying in John 5 because you have been rendered deaf by a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.

John 5
24“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
25“Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

(5:24) Those who HEAR His word "has passed out of death into life". Once again Jesus uses the past tense.
(5:29) Those who those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life.

Those who HEAR his word do the GOOD DEEDS and go forth to a resurrection of life.
Those who do not HEAR his word do the EVIL DEEDS and go forth to a resurrection of judgement.

This is NOT the gospel in which you believe. This is the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jan 19

@thinkofone said

You neither hear nor understand what Jesus is saying in John 5 because you have been rendered deaf by a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.

John ...[text shortened]... NOT the gospel in which you believe. This is the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
Exactly who is the Jesus you quoted, and who is His Father? Why should anyone care what was said?

T

Moves
23 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Exactly who is the Jesus you quoted, and who is His Father? Why should anyone care what was said?
If you don't care what He said, then you don't care what He said. His voice speaks to you or it doesn't.

Feel free to actually address the points I made in my post.

Moves
23 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
If you don't care what He said, then you don't care what He said. His voice speaks to you or it doesn't.

Do 'you' care what he said, bearing in mind he said he was sent by God?

Feel free to actually address the point I made in my post...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jan 19
1 edit

@thinkofone said

John ...[text shortened]... NOT the gospel in which you believe. This is the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
Nice that you cherry-picked around until you found a translation that says "GOOD DEEDS" or speaks in the "past tense" (as you claim).

The NASB is the only translation which says "good deeds". The CSB and the YLT say "good things", but most translations just say 'good", i.e. "those who have done good".

Let's have the whole paragraph, with the bolding on the words YOU ignore.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." - John 5:24-30 KJV

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jan 19

@thinkofone said

Again depending on whose talking it either is or isn’t important. You seem to be able to select some things that are important and ignore others all from the same sources.

Whose words are you talking about describe why anyone should care!