Calling out ThinkOfOne

Calling out ThinkOfOne

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jan 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

ToO likes to strip out all the 'miraculous stuff' from the Gospels while simultaneously accepting as genuine all the non-miraculous stuff. (For no other reason it seems than it suiting his purpose).

I agree with your assessment.

Now when I turned my life over to Jesus one night I was reluctant to read the Bible AT ALL.
Eventually I started to read a paraphrase New Testament popular in the 60s/70s - Good News For Modern Man.

From that I eventually started to read the Old Testament. But I had a filter concerning most of the ridiculed things of my culture like Adam and Eve and Noah's flood. But from noticing that Jesus took the Old Testament seriously I eventually discarded my filter.

He won my sense of approval. And I begin to adopt the position that if it was good enough for Jesus Christ it must be good enough for me. So goes my transition from typical modern doubter to an enthusiastic Bible believer.

Two caveats:

1.) I do not think it is taboo if science corrects Christians on some matter. That is possible.

2.) It is important to my understanding to go back and examine carefully what it really SAYS in the Bible rather than just go by what is traditionally assumed.

3.) If I encounter a real discrepancy in what Scientists say and what the revelation of the Bible says, I am going to lean towards the Bible. God knows all the facts.

Moves
24 Jan 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

ToO likes to strip out all the 'miraculous stuff' from the Gospels while simultaneously accepting as genuine all the non-miraculous stuff. (For no other reason it seems than it suiting his purpose).

I agree with your assessment.

Now when I turned my life over to Jesus one night I was reluctant to read the Bible AT ALL.
Eventually ...[text shortened]... hat the revelation of the Bible says, I am going to lean towards the Bible. God knows all the facts.
Is it possible that God's biblical wisdom was 'dumbed down' (forgive the expression) for its ancient readers and that modern science may uncover truths and facts that transcend this?

Take for example the Bible not making clear that the Earth wasn't flat (something an all-knowing God was, of course, aware of) and science later making this knowledge apparent.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
What I have "trouble hearing" is the gospel preached by those other than Jesus in which you believe.

Like the rest of my post said:
[quote]You're really grasping at straws. All you've brought thus far is feeble innuendo.

If you believe that the surrounding text that make other points materially changes the points of the text I emphasized, then by all means explain ...[text shortened]... walked the Earth because you have been rendered deaf by a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.
And YOU didn't hear what I posted.

All this is just a rehash of your last few posts. Try reading what we type in response. This is what is called a "conversation".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Is it possible that God's biblical wisdom was 'dumbed down' (forgive the expression) for its ancient readers and that modern science may uncover truths and facts that transcend this?

Take for example the Bible not making clear that the Earth wasn't flat (something an all-knowing God was, of course, aware of) and science later making this knowledge apparent.
I've said this numerous times in this forum.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jan 19

@suzianne said
Nice that you cherry-picked around until you found a translation that says "GOOD DEEDS" or speaks in the "past tense" (as you claim).

The NASB is the only translation which says "good deeds". The CSB and the YLT say "good things", but most translations just say 'good", i.e. "those who have done good".

Let's have the whole paragraph, with the bolding on the words YOU i ...[text shortened]... use I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me[/b]." - John 5:24-30 KJV
I enjoyed this effective post.

T

Moves
24 Jan 19

@suzianne said

All this is just a rehash of your last few posts. Try reading what we type in response. This is what is called a "conversation".
lol. More avoidance. How typical.

What you posted amounted to an ad hominem attack as a way to avoid actually addressing the points I made in my earlier post.

And you still haven't addressed them.

Like I said:
<<Feel free to address those points at any time.

This is the way it goes with you and other Christians on this forum when you are unable to refute what I've posted. You resort to feeble innuendo and other forms of ad hominem attack - like you've done in both of your posts here. >>

This is what is called a "conversation".

If in your mind "conversation" amounts to feeble innuendo and other forms of ad hominem attack on your part, then I guess you've been holding up your end.

T

Moves
24 Jan 19

@sonship said
I enjoyed this effective post.
Never mind that the points of her post were refuted in my subsequent post.

Never mind that she's been avoiding actually addressing the points of my refutation.

Other than that, it was really "effective".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 19
1 edit

@thinkofone said
If you don't care what Jesus said, then you don't care what He said. His voice speaks to you or it doesn't.

Feel free to actually address the points I've made in my posts.
You quote scripture from someone you don't appear to know anything about, so what points do you think you've made outside of talking about someone you know nothing about? While you do that you also dismiss those writers that actually had real life contact with him and in your pride you act as if your words are more important than theirs.

Moves
25 Jan 19

@suzianne said
I've said this numerous times in this forum.
I said it better. 😆

T

Moves
25 Jan 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You quote scripture from someone you don't appear to know anything about, so what points do you think you've made outside of talking about someone you know nothing about? While you do that you also dismiss those writers that actually had real life contact with him and in your pride you act as if your words are more important than theirs.
You quote scripture from someone you don't appear to know anything about, so what points do you think you've made outside of talking about someone you know nothing about?

You're the one "talking about Jesus", not me. I've been pointing out what Jesus said and you've been avoiding actually addressing what Jesus said.

While you do that you also dismiss those writers that actually had real life contact with him and in your pride you act as if your words are more important than theirs.

You keep avoiding the point.

I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

You believe in a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.

You believe in their gospel because it is self-serving for you to do so.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jan 19
4 edits

@ThinkOfOne

Prove that Jesus while He walked the earth preached Atheism.

How could you be so egotistical to think that ONLY YOU care to pass on what Jesus said ?

Your next post can demonstrate how the Gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the earth advocated your philosophy of Atheism - (the philosophy that you stealth-fully conceal in apparent craftiness).

P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N to the max.

And if the Gospel of Christ should serve God AND the men and women seeking God, what is the crime ?

In your next post show us Jesus walking the earth teaching and proclaiming ATHEISM.
Thankyou.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
You quote scripture from someone you don't appear to know anything about, so what points do you think you've made outside of talking about someone you know nothing about?

You're the one "talking about Jesus", not me. I've been pointing out what Jesus said and you've been avoiding actually addressing what Jesus said.

[b]While you do that you also dismiss those ...[text shortened]... those other than Jesus.

Do you have a book written by Jesus with His Words or are you getting your information from the same sources you are disputing as having different gospels.

T

Moves
25 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Do you have a book written by Jesus with His Words or are you getting your information from the same sources you are disputing as having different gospels.
If you have a point, then plainly state it.

T

Moves
25 Jan 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

How could you be so egotistical to think that ONLY YOU care to pass on what Jesus said ?

Your next post can demonst ...[text shortened]... n your next post show us Jesus walking the earth teaching and proclaiming ATHEISM.
Thankyou.
You've really lost it jaywill. You seem to be posting whatever nonsensical thought that pops into your head. You can't formulate a cogent argument to refute what I've posted, so it's little more than a long string of ad hominem attacks.

I never claimed He did.

If others want to advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth, I for one would welcome them.

P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N to the max.

And if the Gospel of Christ should serve God AND the men and women seeking God, what is the crime ?

People are so pleased with a promise of a "free gift" that they can neither hear nor understand the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. They aren't about to allow the truth to get in the way of it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jan 19