1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 07:12
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Now my question to you is, did you ever experience the peace of God that passes all understanding when you were a Christian? When you 'lost your faith' did you lose this peace as well?
    It wasn't just my belief in Philippians 4:7 that was lost when I lost my faith, but my belief in what all the verses of all the books said and the claims that Christians make about Christ and God, and about themselves, based on them. It was much more sweeping and comprehensive than merely whether or not I thought Philippians 4:7 was real anymore.

So, does your declaration about "real" Christians apply to everyone except yourself?
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 07:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    It wasn't just my belief in Philippians 4:7 that was lost when I lost my faith, but my belief in what all the verses of all the books said and the claims that Christians make about Christ and God, and about themselves, based on them. It was much more sweeping and comprehensive than merely whether or not I thought Philippians 4:7 was real anymore.

So, does your declaration about "real" Christians apply to everyone except yourself?
    Why are you not giving me a straight answer?

Why do you think this doesn't apply to me?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 08:08
    Why are you not giving me a straight answer?
    It was a straight answer. I believed Philippians 4:7 applied to me when I was a Christian. And obviously I don't now. The same goes for the whole Bible.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 08:12
    FMF: So, does your declaration about "real" Christians apply to everyone except yourself?

Why do you think this doesn't apply to me?
    You are behaving as though you think your declaration doesn't apply to you. When asked if it does, you answer with things like the irrelevant "I know of my current commitment, and that is enough for me. And I believe nothing can snatch me out of his hand" and the fumbling "Just because you 'lost your faith' doesn't mean everyone else is going to lose theirs" and the completely tangential "I can't judge someone else because I don't know of their walk with God, but each person knows their own walk with God and that is a personal matter between them and God". If you believed it applies to you, you'd just say so.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 08:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    It was a straight answer. I believed Philippians 4:7 applied to me when I was a Christian. And obviously I don't now. The same goes for the whole Bible.
    That is not what I asked.

1. Did you ever experience 'the peace of God that surpasses all understanding' when you were a Christian. Yes/No?

2. If yes, when you lost your faith did you lose this peace? Yes/No?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 08:311 edit
    That is not what I asked.

1. Did you ever experience 'the peace of God that surpasses all understanding' when you were a Christian. Yes/No?

Of course. I have already answered this question twice. Why have you asked it a third time? I answered it the first time you asked it. And you asked it again. And now you have asked it yet again. Like I said, I believed Philippians 4:7 applied to me when I was a Christian. And obviously, no longer being a Christian, I don't now.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 08:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course. I have already answered this question twice. Why have you asked it a third time? I answered it the first time you asked it. And you asked it again. And now you have asked it yet again. Like I said, I believed Philippians 4:7 applied to me when I was a Christian. And obviously, no longer being a Christian, I don't now.
    So is it yes to the first question and no to the second?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 08:51
    So is it yes to the first question and no to the second?
    I am being honest with you about this personal matter. Why are trying to take the piss in such a boring way?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 08:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am being honest with you about this personal matter. Why are trying to take the piss in such a boring way?
    How can you claim to be honest and not give me a straight answer? I have asked you two questions that you can answer with 'yes' or 'no' or 'I don't know' if you please. You are clearly avoiding to give me a straight answer.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 08:59
    How can you claim to be honest and not give me a straight answer? I have asked you two questions that you can answer with 'yes' or 'no' or 'I don't know' if you please. You are clearly avoiding to give me a straight answer.
    But I have given you a straight answer. I've already answered four times. And now you ask for a fifth time? I've already answered clearly and in full. What is the matter with you?

Yes I believed Philippians 4:7 was real. Yes I believed Philippians 4:7 applied to me. Yes I believed in its content. Yes I believed what it said - specifically - was a real thing in my life. And yes my belief in what it meant in terms of who I was and what I had experienced was lost along with the meaning and reality of all the verses of all the books of the Bible, along with my belief in all the other the claims that Christians make about Christ and God and themselves based on the Bible, including Philippians 4:7 ~ indeed, including any verse you might want to cite.

Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over and over again even after they have been answered?
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I have given you a straight answer. I've already answered four times. And now you ask for a fifth time? I've already answered clearly and in full. What is the matter with you?

Yes I believed Philippians 4:7 was real. Yes I believed Philippians 4:7 applied to me. Yes I believed in its content. Yes I believed what it said - specifically - was a real thing ...[text shortened]... keep asking the same questions over and over and over again even after they have been answered?
    I did not ask you whether you believed the verse was real, applied to you, whether you believed its content, whether you believed what it said, etc etc.
    I asked you whether you ever experienced the 'peace of God that surpasses all understanding'. All I need from you is a 'yes' or a 'no' to that specific question. Why can't you give me a 'yes' or a 'no' to that specific question?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 09:06
    I did not ask you whether you believed the verse was real, applied to you, whether you believed its content, whether you believed what it said, etc etc.
    I asked you whether you ever experienced the 'peace of God that surpasses all understanding'. All I need from you is a 'yes' or a 'no' to that specific question. Why can't you give me a 'yes' or a 'no' to that specific question?
    You already have your answer. Five times. I have explained clearly what Philippians 4:7 meant to me. And I have explained that I no longer believe in it. You have my answer.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 09:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    You already have your answer. Five times. I have explained clearly what Philippians 4:7 meant to me. And I have explained that I no longer believe in it. You have my answer.
    I did not ask what it meant to you, I asked you a specific question that you have avoided 5 times. It is clear that you don't want to answer it. If you want to pretend you did, so be it.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 09:11
    I did not ask what it meant to you, I asked you a specific question that you have avoided 5 times. It is clear that you don't want to answer it. If you want to pretend you did, so be it.
    I have answered it. I am not pretending anything. If you cannot discern that it is a point blank answer, expressed in the way I choose to express it, then that is a matter for you. Like I said, already: yes I believed Philippians 4:7 was real. Yes I believed Philippians 4:7 applied to me. Yes I believed in its content. Yes I believed what it said - specifically - was a real thing in my life. And yes my belief in what it meant in terms of who I was and what I had thought and what I had been experiencing was lost when I lost my faith and my belief in the Bible.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 09:141 edit
    Here it is again:

Yes. I believed Philippians 4:7 was real. Yes. I believed Philippians 4:7 applied to me. Yes I believed in its content. Yes I believed what it said - specifically - was a real thing in my life.

Yes my belief in what it meant in terms of who I was and what I had experienced was lost along with the meaning and reality of all the verses of all the books of the Bible, along with my belief in all the other the claims that Christians make about Christ and God and themselves based on the Bible, including Philippians 4:7 ~ indeed, including any verse you might want to cite.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree