1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 01:54
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Love and charity is the Key to eternal life.
    It is not claims of faith or belief.
    It is not claims of knowing Christ.

Love and charity means that the Christian is actually following Christ's commandments and not just practicing mouth worship or lip service which God hates.

As Christ said a doxen times, eternal life is for those who follow the commandments.
    Eternal life is not life at all.
    It's this Christendom thing that you believe in.

Let go Luke.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Eternal life is not life at all.
    It's this Christendom thing that you believe in.

Let go Luke.
    I'm a Christian.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:20
    Then do you know why so many Christians hate?

The KKK claim to be Christian.

I'm spiritual an stuff but why would I call myself a "Christian" ?
    Anyone can claim to be Christian! Don't listen to the claim, look at the life. If someone is
    hateful, if they claim to be self-righteous, are always putting others down it doesn't sound
    like there is a lot of love flowing from that life. I don't try to worry about how is and isn't, that
    is not up to me but God, He knows His own.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 08:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Anyone can claim to be Christian! Don't listen to the claim, look at the life. If someone is
    hateful, if they claim to be self-righteous, are always putting others down it doesn't sound
    like there is a lot of love flowing from that life. I don't try to worry about how is and isn't, that
    is not up to me but God, He knows His own.
    So, is a Christian discernible by their actions and the way they conduct their lives?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 08:47
    I'm a Christian.
    you align yourself with the KKK?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 10:39
    you align yourself with the KKK?
    What do you think?
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    So, is a Christian discernible by their actions and the way they conduct their lives?
    Yes. and there are those that do not know Christ yet are Christian in their heart because they live it without knowing it.

As the scripture states, God knows His children - but it never really says His children know Him.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:40
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    By the fruit of their lives, yes. If Christ resides in them love of God and man should be a
    very important part of their lives in all areas. If someone is new to God I imagine that God
    will be working on them so they start living in His grace and mercy.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:42
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Yes. and there are those that do not know Christ yet are Christian in their heart because they live it without knowing it.

As the scripture states, God knows His children - but it never really says His children know Him.
    We part company here, Jesus said He is the way, truth, light and no one comes to the
    Father except through Him. Scripture also teaches those that do not believe in Him are
    condemned already.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 12:55
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We part company here, Jesus said He is the way, truth, light and no one comes to the
    Father except through Him. Scripture also teaches those that do not believe in Him are
    condemned already.
    We don't really part company, it is that you don't understand me, and i know that. In the end, Heaven, everything will be made clear.

Why does Jesus and the Apostle Paul continue to make exceptions for those who are not baptized as most understand it.

Listen to what Jesus says, " Not everyone who says 'Lord Lord' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of the Father"

The will of the Father, certainly to "us" it includes following the commandments and loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself. Yet Jesus also states things like, "truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the Kingdom of God ahead of you. " Yes He is talking to the Pharisees, but was He not talking to us to, now!

Again and again Jesus speaks of what each of us has done. Matt 16:27, etc.

Paul continues in this same bent, "For those who know the law will be judged by the law, and for those who do not know the law will be judged by the law written in their hearts." i'll cont. this later, have to go
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 13:18
    We don't really part company, it is that you don't understand me, and i know that. In the end, Heaven, everything will be made clear.

Why does Jesus and the Apostle Paul continue to make exceptions for those who are not baptized as most understand it.

Listen to what Jesus says, " Not everyone who says 'Lord Lord' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but ...[text shortened]... w the law will be judged by the law written in their hearts." i'll cont. this later, have to go
    The problem with your quote is you are justifying those who do not call Jesus Lord. That quote is speaking to those who falsely claim that they belong to Christ and serve Him.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:323 edits

Have you ever read about God's promise of a new covenant? In those words He says -

" But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares Jehovah ...

And they will no longer teach, each man his neighbor, saying, Know Jehovah;

for all will know Me, from the little one among them even to the great one among them,

for I will forgive their iniquities and their sin I will remember no more." (See Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Doesn't it say there that His people (His children) will know Him?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:461 edit
    The thread's title - Christ is all the "things"

I find it hard to believe that someone said God's children are never said to know God. This cannot be right.

Now, we have in Colossians the proclamation that all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Christ.

"In whom [Christ] all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden." (Col. 2:3)

Where are all ... ALL the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, including the knowledge of God? They are hidden in Christ. And for that reason Paul exhorts the church to be GROUNDED stedfastly in Christ. Praise the Lord !

"... continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast and not being moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, of which I Paul became a minister." (Col. 1:23b)

Paul also says the believer have been rooted and built up in this One in whom all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are:

" Having been rooted and being built up in Him, and being established in the faith even as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving." (2:7)
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 14:51
    Originally posted by sonship

Have you ever read about God's promise of [b] a new covenant?
    In those words He says -

" But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares Jehovah ...

And they will no longer ...[text shortened]... h 31:33-34)

Doesn't it say there that His people (His children) will know Him?[/b]
    Jeremiah is speaking of the nation of Israel
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 16:472 edits
    Jeremiah is speaking of the nation of Israel
    Yes the promise is spoken to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah as it says.

Then Jesus in the New Testament said that the kingdom of God would be taken from the theocratic nation of Israel and given to another "nation" producing its fruits (Matt. 21:43). The discipline is temporary.

The church in Jerusalem surely started out to be all Jews. Gradually it became the Gospel to Jews and Gentiles together as the "one new man," the new covenant church.

. American King James Version
    Therefore say I to you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

American Standard Version
    Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree