1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 00:46
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Its more than just obeying words, as important as that is, being known by Jesus as one
    of His is very important. Jesus did tell some who were reminding Him of the good things
    they did in His name, to depart from Him, He never knew them, calling them workers of
    iniquity. Trusting in their works did nothing for them, even works they did in His name.

If ...[text shortened]... ing before God clothed in just our own sinner's righteousness, to be cast in Hell for
    our sins.
    There is a difference in knowing who Jesus is in our mind and knowing Him in our heart. My argument with many Christians is that we do have to "Know Him in our Minds" ,of course it makes life easier, however. What is most important is God living in our hearts. And what i mean by God living in our hearts is, the nature of all that God is - and that is simply Love.

Is it really so hard to see the simplicity of God's work - Christ's work. Reaching out to all.

Jesus never once stated you must know who i am. But He always asked us to "go to the Father." , " Seek the Father" . Love God with all your heart!
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 00:49
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    There is a difference in knowing who Jesus is in our mind and knowing Him in our heart. My argument with many Christians is that we do have to "Know Him in our Minds" ,of course it makes life easier, however. What is most important is God living in our hearts. And what i mean by God living in our hearts is, the nature of all that God is - and that is simply ...[text shortened]... t He always asked us to "go to the Father." , " Seek the Father" . Love God with all your heart!
    God is the same today as He was then.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 00:54
    Originally posted by Eladar
    God is the same today as He was then.
    Yes.

"Enoch loved God, and God took him. " Enoch didn't "know" Jesus, but because he loved God, he already loved Jesus. He knew Jesus in his heart
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 05:41
    There is a difference in knowing who Jesus is in our mind and knowing Him in our heart. My argument with many Christians is that we do have to "Know Him in our Minds" ,of course it makes life easier, however. What is most important is God living in our hearts. And what i mean by God living in our hearts is, the nature of all that God is - and that is simply ...[text shortened]... t He always asked us to "go to the Father." , " Seek the Father" . Love God with all your heart!
    What is knowing Him in your heart mean to you when you say that?
    Jesus didn't say a lot of things, a few things He did say makes Him the only way to God.
    A vague reference to love isn't very specific so what does that mean to you too?
    You have scripture to back up your views, if so I'd like to see them.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 14:211 edit
    What is knowing Him in your heart mean to you when you say that?
    Jesus didn't say a lot of things, a few things He did say makes Him the only way to God.
    A vague reference to love isn't very specific so what does that mean to you too?
    You have scripture to back up your views, if so I'd like to see them.
    Gospel of John, chapter 1. "in the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God and the Word was God" Later it says, "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" .

The scripture states that God is love.

It would stand to reason then that Jesus, "the Word" who "was God" is the Word of Love, that He is Holy. "Be Holy for I am Holy" .

In 1 Corinthians. 10:4 scripture states, "and they all drank from the spiritual rock" "and that rock was Christ"

The Apostle Paul says in Romans, " To be a real Jew is not to look like a Jew, and circumcision is more than a physical operation. The real Jew is the one who is inwardly a Jew, and the real circumcision is in the heart."
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 14:461 edit
    Gospel of John, chapter 1. "in the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God and the Word was God" Later it says, "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" .

It would stand to reason then that Jesus, "the Word" who "was God" is the Word of Love, that He is Holy. "Be Holy for I am Holy" .

In 1 Cori ...[text shortened]... tion. The real Jew is the one who is inwardly a Jew, and the real circumcision is in the heart."
    You are talking to a man that believes that you must have a relationship with Christ, the most important part of which is to proclaim with your mouth that you heard the Name Jesus Christ and that you believe [with your mouth and net necessarily the heart][. Love and charity is not necessarily part of his doctrine... as these are optional.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:01
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are talking to a man that believes that you must have a relationship with Christ, the most important part of which is to proclaim with your mouth that you heard the Name Jesus Christ and that you believe [with your mouth and net necessarily the heart][. Love and charity is not necessarily part of his doctrine... as these are optional.
    But we do have to have a relationship with Christ, it is just that the relationship is one in our heart.

I know that the J W's, as an example, to not know Jesus as I do. But that is ok! And for that matter, neither do the Jews. (of course like i've said before, it makes life easier if you do - knowing the truth of Jesus draws us even closer to the Father - deeper in love and in everything. - but lets just get to the starting line - and let God do the rest) What part of God is not God. If a man/woman loves God in their heart. Then they already love Jesus. And the Spirit
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:35
    But we do have to have a relationship with Christ, it is just that the relationship is one in our heart.

I know that the J W's, as an example, to not know Jesus as I do. But that is ok! And for that matter, neither do the Jews. (of course like i've said before, it makes life easier if you do - knowing the truth of Jesus draws us even closer to the Father ...[text shortened]... s not God. If a man/woman loves God in their heart. Then they already love Jesus. And the Spirit
    I agree, but their definiton of a relationship with Christ is not what you say it is. Theirs is about talking to Christ and thinking about Christ.

For them it is not about following Christ and obeying Christ.
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:241 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I agree, but their definiton of a relationship with Christ is not what you say it is. Theirs is about talking to Christ and thinking about Christ.

For them it is not about following Christ and obeying Christ.
    I don't think you follow me. Not knowing Jesus in your mind. Oh yes they, the J. W.'s think they know Jesus, but that knowledge is only face value. They see Jesus in the same lines that the Muslims see Muhammed. (not quite the same)

But this is ok. The question is, do they love God. And in loving God, they already "know" Jesus in their hearts. (they just don't know it yet) (but that is for God to reveal to them)

It is the same for an atheist, or anyone else for that matter. They do not "know" Jesus as you or i do, may not even want to accept Him. But if "Love" lives in them, then i tell you that it is Christ that lives in them.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:371 edit

In 1 Cori ...[text shortened]... tion. The real Jew is the one who is inwardly a Jew, and the real circumcision is in the heart."
    Can you be a little clearer, I don't feel I'm any closer to understanding you than I was
    before I asked my question. It could be me just grasping your meaning, please don't take
    this as some rebuke, I want to grasp your meaning. I get who Jesus is, and that God is
    love, and Jesus being the Word of God became flesh, and wants us to be Holy. I also get
    that circumcision is a process upon our hearts.

So for us and God where does that leave us? What is required, and who does what
    between us and God? Is it all us, or does God play a part in our salvation in how you
    understand it all?
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 20:19
    Can you be a little clearer, I don't feel I'm any closer to understanding you than I was
    before I asked my question. It could be me just grasping your meaning, please don't take
    this as some rebuke, I want to grasp your meaning. I get who Jesus is, and that God is
    love, and Jesus being the Word of God became flesh, and wants us to be Holy. I also get
    t ...[text shortened]... s and God? Is it all us, or does God play a part in our salvation in how you
    understand it all?
    Let me try it this way. Jesus death on the cross was for all mankind. Opening the door for all.

The father's craving for his son to come home was not just limited to the son coming home. He longed for the return of his son. "He saw him a long way off" . He didn't send his servants to seek his son, this he did on his own.

God wants more than just us wanting to go home. He wants us to fall in love. And how do we fall in love with God.

Jesus says, when you fed the hungry and clothed the naked, you did it for me to.

They who fed the hungry and clothed the naked, may have never known who Jesus was, yet by doing these things out of compassion, out of love already had Christ living in them.

The bottom line is - to love. Simply to love. Jesus died on the cross because he loved us. God sent his son because he loved us. God wants us to just love. "Love one another as I have loved you. "
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 21:23
    Let me try it this way. Jesus death on the cross was for all mankind. Opening the door for all.

The father's craving for his son to come home was not just limited to the son coming home. He longed for the return of his son. "He saw him a long way off" . He didn't send his servants to seek his son, this he did on his own.

God wants more than just us ...[text shortened]... his son because he loved us. God wants us to just love. "Love one another as I have loved you. "
    Tell them
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 21:36

God wants more than just us ...[text shortened]... his son because he loved us. God wants us to just love. "Love one another as I have loved you. "
    I absolutely agree God wants us to love. Are you of the opinion that is all?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 01:31
    Love and charity is the Key to eternal life.
    It is not claims of faith or belief.
    It is not claims of knowing Christ.

Love and charity means that the Christian is actually following Christ's commandments and not just practicing mouth worship or lip service which God hates.

As Christ said a doxen times, eternal life is for those who follow the commandments.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 01:52
    Then do you know why so many Christians hate?

The KKK claim to be Christian.

I'm spiritual an stuff but why would I call myself a "Christian" ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree