1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:12
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him."

Mark 12:17

I'll let you locate the tolerance.
    Tolerating others taking things from you? Yes that is biblical.

I mean tolerance as used by liberals. Where did Jesus tolerate sin?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:20
    Originally posted by Eladar

Okay, look at it this way old chap, Did Jesus show intolerance to sinners? Did he refuse to walk and live among them, did he refuse to allow them to wash his feet?!

With respect, I think you need to revisit the bible and dwell on how Jesus not only tolerated sin, but took the sins of man upon himself.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:24
    A liberal mentioned Christian tolerance in a thread. I was wondering which scriptures mention Christian tolerance. Perhaps example of it such as where Paul instructed that the immoral brother is to be expelled.
    Christians do not tolerate pactices of bad.

We live by God's standards.
    He is the One who judges.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:26
    Okay, look at it this way old chap, Did Jesus show intolerance to sinners? Did he refuse to walk and live among them, did he refuse to allow them to wash his feet?!

With respect, I think you need to revisit the bible and dwell on how Jesus not only tolerated sin, but took the sins of man upon himself.
    Interacting with immoral people who are in a constant state of rebellion to God is only natural in this world.

Did Jesus say there are many ways to God?

Did Jesus claim that sexual immorality is not sin and we should be tolerant of sin?
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:32
    tolerance - Online Etymology Dictionary
    www.etymonline.com › term=tolerance
    Online Etymology Dictionary. early 15c., "endurance, fortitude" (in the face of pain, hardship, etc.), from Old French tolerance (14c.), from Latin tolerantia "a bearing, supporting, endurance," from tolerans, present participle of tolerare "to bear, endure, tolerate" (see toleration).

End quote.

So tolerance is not acceptance and implies a grudging attitude, putting up with something one has to endure. It would not give comfort to the person whose actions, beliefs or existence is being tolerated.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:341 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    tolerance - Online Etymology Dictionary
    www.etymonline.com › term=tolerance
    Online Etymology Dictionary. early 15c., "endurance, fortitude" (in the face of pain, hardship, etc.), from Old French tolerance (14c.), from Latin tolerantia "a bearing, supporting, endurance," from tolerans, present participle of tolerare "to bear, endure, tolerate" (see toleration ...[text shortened]... It would not give comfort to the person whose actions, beliefs or existence is being tolerated.
    Glad to know that I am indeed tolerant. I'll need to correct the next liberal who accuses me of being intollerant.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:45
    There seems to be opinions that while Jesus was alive, in the old covenant, that He tolerated sin. But after His crucifixion and resurrection, when one is 'reborn', that the tolerance of sin ends, and the expectation may be to never commit sin again.

Is there a difference here regarding sin? Pre and post resurrection?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:50
    Glad to know that I am indeed tolerant. I'll need to correct the next liberal who accuses me of being intollerant.
    I am intolerant sir to your spelling of intolerant.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 21:59
    I am intolerant sir to your spelling of intolerant.
    That's ok my spelling has always sucked. My math scores have always been much better than English.

Out of high school my SAT math was 170 points better than verbal.

Typing on this phone doesn't help.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 22:34
    Originally posted by chaney3
    There seems to be opinions that while Jesus was alive, in the old covenant, that He tolerated sin. But after His crucifixion and resurrection, when one is 'reborn', that the tolerance of sin ends, and the expectation may be to never commit sin again.

Is there a difference here regarding sin? Pre and post resurrection?
    I have already explained that issue but I don't think you will buy it.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 23:18
    Wait a minute, are you saying that Jesus was physically violent and expressed explosive anger?

I thought that Jesus was perfect and never sinned.

Of course that was sarcasm from my point of view, but I am not sure how liberals can call that action loving.
    My pappy spanked the poo out of me growing up.

I would say not giving discipline is what is abusive.

Of course, discipline can also turn abusive.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 23:51

See, here is how your intolerance does not serve you.

I wasn't talking about tolerating sin, I was talking about tolerating people who are not like you.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 23:58
    Interacting with immoral people who are in a constant state of rebellion to God is only natural in this world.

Did Jesus say there are many ways to God?

Did Jesus claim that sexual immorality is not sin and we should be tolerant of sin?
    You continue to misrepresent and claim that what I was talking about was tolerating sin. Way to call those who are different from you 'sinful'.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 00:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    See, here is how your intolerance does not serve you.

I wasn't talking about tolerating sin, I was talking about tolerating people who are not like you.
    You mean illegal aliens?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 00:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You continue to misrepresent and claim that what I was talking about was tolerating sin. Way to call those who are different from you 'sinful'.
    So you agree that homosexuality is sin?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree