1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 01:59
    Originally posted by Eladar
    So you agree that homosexuality is sin?
    Whether ANY behavior is, or is not, sin is not germane to this discussion. I notice you do this a lot, you introduce side issues and then claim there is some equivalence when that is not the point.

Only Pharisees waste their time judging others, and then withhold favor based on their judgement.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 02:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Whether ANY behavior is, or is not, sin is not germane to this discussion. I notice you do this a lot, you introduce side issues and then claim there is some equivalence when that is not the point.

Only Pharisees waste their time judging others, and then withhold favor based on their judgement.
    Actually it is because we are discussing sin and acceptance of sin. We are instructed to hand the brother who is living in sin over to the devil.

You want to play games. That's fine.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 02:142 edits
    Actually it is because we are discussing sin and acceptance of sin. We are instructed to hand the brother who is living in sin over to the devil.

You want to play games. That's fine.
    Then you are flat out ignoring the post which led you to attempt this subject-changing thread. You continue to avoid feeling any tolerance for others who are not like you. This is not what Jesus taught. We are told to love others as we love ourselves. Somehow you started believing that it is okay to hate and denigrate others, just because they are not like you.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 02:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Then you are flat out ignoring the post which led you to attempt this subject-changing thread. You continue to avoid feeling any tolerance for others who are not like you. This is not what Jesus taught. We are told to love others as we love ourselves. Somehow you started believing that it is okay to hate and denigrate others, just because they are not like you.
    I have no problem with non christians living in sin, it is expected.

My only problem arises when the sin is introduced into the body and accepted.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 05:323 edits
    Glad to know that I am indeed tolerant. I'll need to correct the next liberal who accuses me of being intollerant.
    Could you give an example of something about which you are tolerant, in the sense of having "endurance, fortitude" (in the face of pain, hardship, etc.)? Could anyone here?

If seems to me that the meaning of so-called Christian tolerance is disapproval without acting as you are called upon to act on that disapproval. Which is hypocritical on its face, unless there are Biblical entreaties not to act on one's Biblical disapproval.

Such as John 8.7 where Jesus tells the accusers of a woman of adultery, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Is this not widely applicable?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 06:50
    Originally posted by JS357
    Could you give an example of something about which you are tolerant, in the sense of having "endurance, fortitude" (in the face of pain, hardship, etc.)? Could anyone here?

If seems to me that the meaning of so-called Christian tolerance is disapproval without acting as you are called upon to act on that disapproval. Which is hypocritical on its face, unles ...[text shortened]... t is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Oh you mean in one definition of the term.

Blah blah blah
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 13:45

If seems to me that the meaning of so-called Christian tolerance is disapproval without acting as you are called upon to act on that disapproval. Which is hypocritical on its face, unles ...[text shortened]... t is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

What did casting stones mean?

Death penalty.

I do not propose we kill sinners so yes I am applying it.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:11

Death penalty.

So Jesus meant, "Just don't kill her."

Huh.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:19
    So Jesus meant, "Just don't kill her."

Huh.
    Yep.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 00:08

Death penalty.

Good to see that you are against capital punishment.

Perhaps the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth are not completely lost on you.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 02:42
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Good to see that you are against capital punishment.

Perhaps the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth are not completely lost on you.
    I am against capital punishment? By individuals, sure as long as the government does its job.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 02:522 edits
    I am against capital punishment? By individuals, sure as long as the government does its job.
    So you do "propose we kill sinners" unlike you claimed.

Well, I figured that that was more likely the case. Thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.

So much for "perhaps the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth are not completely lost on you."
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 03:19
    So you do "propose we kill sinners" unlike you claimed.

Well, I figured that that was more likely the case. Thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.

So much for "perhaps the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth are not completely lost on you."
    Didn't recall Jesus saying that the government could not uphold capital punishment. Just liberal glasses ruuning your vision. Too much to the left for you. You should be more like me neither right nor left.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 17:49
    Didn't recall Jesus saying that the government could not uphold capital punishment. Just liberal glasses ruuning your vision. Too much to the left for you. You should be more like me neither right nor left.
    Oh, I get it.

When Jesus says this:
    "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

What you see is this:
    "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. [Except for those in government who should feel free to cast away. And for those who still condemn this woman to death, allow those in the government to serve as your proxy in casting your stone]."

And when you wrote:
    "I do not propose we kill sinners."

What you meant was:
    "I do not propose we kill sinners. 'We', of course, does not include those in government. I do propose we have those in government kill sinners."
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 17:54
    Oh, I get it.

When Jesus says this:
    "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

What you see is this:
    "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. [Except for those in government who should feel free to cast away. And for those who still condemn this woman to death, allow those in the government ...[text shortened]... e, does not include those in government. I do propose we have those in government kill sinners."
    Was he speaking to a individuals or the courts?

I'm sure you won't be able to see the difference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree