Christian Tradition

Christian Tradition

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Robbie Carrobie

[b]The council was presided over by a pagan emperor for political reasons,

I know that it was convened and presided over for political reasons. This does not mean that you can commit a genetic fallacy that no biblical truth was defended and settled because of that reason.

The creed coming out of that council was incomplete. T ...[text shortened]... nt under the inspiration of God telling us what Jesus Christ taught.

Must come back latter.[/b]
I am not against the so called divinity of Christ, he was a divine being, I am against any assertion that he was co eternal and co equal with the father.

t

Moves
18 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I am not against the so called divinity of Christ, he was a divine being, I am against any assertion that he was co eternal and co equal with the father.
So how did jesus come back to life rob

nvm 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Dec 13
4 edits

I am not against the so called divinity of Christ, he was a divine being, I am against any assertion that he was co eternal and co equal with the father

Arius and his doctrine were rejected because he did not teach the divinity of Christ.

And what I mean by that is that he did not teach that the Word Who was with God was God.

In John 14:23 Jesus says that He and His Father as the divine "We" will come to make an abode with His lovers.

If God comes to make an abode with those who believe in Him - WHAT IS THE NEED ... for the Son to also do so ?

If you say that Jehovah is only the Father, than what need is there for Jehovah AND one of His angels [Michael] to come with Him to make an abode with His believers ?

The Father with the Son as the divine "We" come into the receiver as the Holy Spirit -

"In this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, that He has given to us of His Spirit" (1 John 3:13)

So the receiver has the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit abiding in him. And Jesus expressed this as "We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23).

How does the Christian know that God abides in him? "In this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, that He has given to us of His Spirit."

The "Him" in that verse 13 is God as the previous verse 12 indicates -

"No one has beheld God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us and His love is perfected in us." (v.12)

"God abides in us" is the abiding of the indwelling Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit is the means by which the Father and the Son as the Divine "WE" come to make an abode with the lovers of Christ.

You have to receive Christ into your being as God. For He is God coming to us. We Christians know that God abides in us by the Spirit that He has given to us.

" ... And in this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He gave to us." (1 John 3:24)

But what reason is there for anyone ELSE to abide in the believer if Jehovah is only the Father ? Would it not be enough to know Jehovah as God within ? What would be the additional need for an indwelling angel Michael ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Dec 13

yeah, thats right, I had a mince pie once!🙄
Being faciceous won't let you off the question hook robbie.

Do you get together with family and/or friends for a dinner on Christmas Day?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by tim88

nvm 🙂
You're wasting your time. It has been established in this forum that robbie accepts that there are:

2 saviours - Jesus and Jehovah are co-redemptors
2 god's - Jesus is "mighty god" and Jehovah is "almighty god"

rc

Moves
18 Dec 13
4 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Being faciceous won't let you off the question hook robbie.

Do you get together with family and/or friends for a dinner on Christmas Day?
I have dinner with my family every day, sometimes and get this, I even invite my friends over, shocking isn't it. Today i had macaroni cheese and chips and a glass of red wine. Shock! horror! I eat dinner almost every day!!!!

rc

Moves
18 Dec 13
2 edits

You're wasting your time. It has been established in this forum that robbie accepts that there are:

2 saviours - Jesus and Jehovah are co-redemptors
2 god's - Jesus is "mighty god" and Jehovah is "almighty god"
There are many Gods in scripture, Marduk, Baal, but you would need to read it to know that. And nowhere is scripture is Jesus referred to as almighty God, but you would need to study it to know that.

rc

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by tim88

nvm 🙂
God resurrected him, how else does someone come back from the dead? Is this really the best you can do? really?

rc

Moves
18 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
I am not against the so called divinity of Christ, he was a divine being, I am against any assertion that he was co eternal and co equal with the father

Arius and his doctrine were rejected because he did not teach the divinity of Christ.

And what I mean by that is that he did not teach that the Word Who was with God was God.

...[text shortened]... know Jehovah as God within ? What would be the additional need for an indwelling angel Michael ?
Thats because the Word who was with God was not God, as anyone who knows anything about translation will tell you, irrespective of the religious bias and blatant imposition of trinitarian dogma on scripture which has found its way into English translations. I assure you, those responsible will be held accountable.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Dec 13
1 edit

I have dinner with my family every day, sometimes and get this, I even invite my friends over, shocking isn't it. Today i had macaroni cheese and chips and a glass of red wine. Shock! horror! I eat dinner almost every day!!!!
It's hilarious. You and Galveston both avoiding my point because you know you do "celebrate" the Christmas period in some way, with family and friends. I love it here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Dec 13

There are many Gods in scripture, Marduk, Baal, but you would need to read it to know that. And nowhere is scripture is Jesus referred to as almighty God, but you would need to study it to know that.
That's not at all my point is it robbie.

Feeling comfortable with your 2 saviours and your 2 gods are you?

rc

Moves
18 Dec 13

It's hilarious. You and Galveston both avoiding my point because you know you do "celebrate" the Christmas preriod in some way, with family and friends. I love it here.
Thats right because having a meal with family on Christmas day is celebrating Christmas, same as having a mince pie is, get a reality check you rocket!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Dec 13

Thats right because having a meal with family on Christmas day is celebrating Christmas, same as having a mince pie is, get a reality check you rocket!
Well that's all I'm doing robbie...that's all most Christians are doing. How is it you are exempt from your own scathing judgmental condemnation?

rc

Moves
18 Dec 13

That's not at all my point is it robbie.

Feeling comfortable with your 2 saviours and your 2 gods are you?
why would i feel uncomfortable because of your incessant whining, its simply more of the same regurgitated banality that we have become accustomed to.

rc

Moves
18 Dec 13

Well that's all I'm doing robbie...that's all most Christians are doing. How is it you are exempt from your own scathing judgmental condemnation?
so let sget this everyone who has a meal on Christmas day is celebrating Christmas according to your logic, are you really so devoid of ideas that it has come to this and you wonder why people ignore you, i mean, i don't believe you can be that stupid, but well, if its the best you can do it really must be the best you can do, what about a Hindu Brahman, is he celebrating Christmas when he eats his rice and vegetables on the 25th of December, do tell.