1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 17:19
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You mean you intend to dust off the old arguments and try again with someone else ?
    He asked a question and I responded. Why is this a problem for you?

See my edit above.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 17:251 edit
    You mean you intend to dust off the old arguments and try again with someone else ?
    My post was not in response to that post. It was in response to no question but to your statements/ assertions of another post of yours.

That's Okay. You don't have to answer me if you don't want to. There is no "problem" to me. I think it is your problem.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 17:413 edits
    My post was not in response to that post. It was in response to no question but to your statements/ assertions of another post of yours.

That's Okay. You don't have to answer me if you don't want to. There is no "problem" to me. I think it is your problem.
    "My post was not in response to that post. It was in response to no question but to your statements/ assertions of another post of yours.

I'm not sure what you're struggling with here.

As a response to my post to whodey you said:
    ""Paul verses Jesus" again ??? Why do I get the feeling that we have been through all of this before?"

I responded:
    "Yes, you and I have been through all this before. My post was in response to whodey."

You responded:
    "You mean you intend to dust off the old arguments and try again with someone else ?

I responded:
    "He asked a question and I responded. Why is this a problem for you?"

Now you say:
    "My post was not in response to that post. It was in response to no question but to your statements/ assertions of another post of yours."

Did you confuse my response to whodey with my response to you? You didn't reply to my response to you.

How do you manage to get so lost all the time? Perhaps this situation speaks to the topic of this thread.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 18:42
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Here's one:
    Jesus teaches that one cannot continue to sin and have "eterenal life" / "heaven" / "salvation".

It seems that Paul taught otherwise.
    I have read through many threads where this has been debated and it seems to me that both sides presented their case rather coherently.

As for myself, all I will say is once someone has been "saved" I think it problematic to NEVER sin again. If one were to sin again after being saved, should they just throw up their hands and say, (forgive the pun) "To hell with it?"

Having said that, I have a problem with Christians who willfully and unrepentantly continue in sin and there be many a Bible verse to back up this view, however, it is a far cry from throwing the theology of grace that Paul presented.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have read through many threads where this has been debated and it seems to me that both sides presented their case rather coherently.

As for myself, all I will say is once someone has been "saved" I think it problematic to NEVER sin again. If one were to sin again after being saved, should they just throw up their hands and say, (forgive the pun) "To this view, however, it is a far cry from throwing the theology of grace that Paul presented.
    If one were to sin again, then they had yet to have been "saved". So far as I can tell, the "theology of grace that Paul presented" is contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

John 8:32-36
    So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.....Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever..."

Those who commit sin are slaves to sin. Those who continue follow the word of Jesus, will be freed from committing sin. Those who continue to commit sin do not "remain in the house forever". This is contrary to the "theology of grace that Paul presented".
  6. Illinois
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 21:29
    See Matthew 5
    Where in Matthew 5 did Jesus indicate that there were false teachings in the OT?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 21:45
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Where in Matthew 5 did Jesus indicate that there were false teachings in the OT?
    Look for Christ saying something like :

.... "Ye have heard it said", followed by "But I say unto you .."

Kind of implying ... "the OT said this, but thats wrong. Here is the correct thing."
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 21:511 edit
    What do you do with 1 John 3:4-9 above?

Or what Jesus said below?
    John 15:7-11
    7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. 9 Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10 ...[text shortened]... ou will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love"
    I rank forgiveness passages higher.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 22:11
    [b]"My post was not in response to that post. It was in response to no question but to your statements/ assertions of another post of yours.

I'm not sure what you're struggling with here.

As a response to my post to whodey you said:
    ""Paul verses Jesus" again ??? Why do I get the feeling that we have been through all of this before?"

I res ...[text shortened]... so lost all the time? Perhaps this situation speaks to the topic of this thread.[/b]
    You're right. I got confused about responses.

Sorry.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 22:55
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I rank forgiveness passages higher.
    At least you consciously rank contradictory passages. Seems like many just do it subconsciously. I rank Jesus passages higher since I believe that He spoke the Truth. You might want to consider converting from Paulianity to Jesusianity 🙂
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 23:01
    At least you consciously rank contradictory passages. Seems like many just do it subconsciously. I rank Jesus passages higher since I believe that He spoke the Truth. You might want to consider converting from Paulianity to Jesusianity 🙂
    😀
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 23:03
    Could you list the Pauline and Gospel teachings which you think are in contradiction?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 23:251 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Could you list the Pauline and Gospel teachings which you think are in contradiction?
    Like I've said numerous times, I believe that Jesus taught that one cannot continue to sin and have "eternal life" / "heaven" / "salvation".

It seems many believe that Paul taught otherwise.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 23:43
    Like I've said numerous times, I believe that Jesus taught that one cannot continue to sin and have "eternal life" / "heaven" / "salvation".

It seems many believe that Paul taught otherwise.
    Could you give the quotes?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 23:56
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Could you give the quotes?
    Do you have an opinion on this topic or are you just looking for something to analyze?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree