1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 04:41
    "One thing, however, is much less equivocal, which is, that out of the matters contained in those books, together with the assistance of some old stories, the Church has set up a system of religion very contradictory to the character of the person whose name it bears. It has set up a religion of pomp and revenue, in pretended imitation of a person whose life was humility and poverty."

thats enuff Thomas Paine for you to chomp on bf
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 04:56
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    some more of Thomas Paine for you to chomp on:

"As it is necessary to affix right ideas to words, I will, before I proceed further into the subject, offer some other observations on the word revelation. Revelation, when applied to religion, means something communicated immediately from God to man.
    No one will deny or dispute the power of the ...[text shortened]... r it was not a revelation made to me, and I have only his word for it that it was made to him."
    Was Thomas Paine a Saved man again to the Standards of THE WORD OF GOD. He has made a liar out of himself when he states: "no one will deny or dispute the power of the Almighty to make such a communication, if he pleases."
    He says that the Almighty has such power of communication. Then He denies the power of GOD to do so. He in his misunderstanding has denied the Power of GOD. For example.......
    While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of a cloud , which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him, MATTHEW 17:5
    Because there were noone there except the disciples, and this is reported to be told by one who was there. We are not to believe that this is true because we ourselves were not there to hear it ourselves. Which then means even though the word clearly states:
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    2 TIMOTHY 3:16
    This is the diferrence between a Believer and an unbeliever. The Believer Knows that, THE WORD OF GOD, is speaking to them directly. While the unbeliever has not figured out how this can be. And the unbeliever will never understand until they become a believer.
  3. Not Kansas
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 04:56
    and one more bit of the Age of Reason to chomp:

"That such a person as Jesus Christ existed, and that he was crucified, which was the mode of execution at that day, are historical relations strictly within the limits of probability. He preached most excellent morality and the equality of man; but he preached also against the corruptions and a ...[text shortened]... the Romans. Between the two, however, this virtuous reformer and revolutionist lost his life."
    What happened to The Age Of Reason anyways?
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 04:58
    and a bit more from Thomas Paine's Age of Reason :

"Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is none more derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory in itself, than this thing called Christianity. Too absurd for belief, too impossible to convince, and too inconsi ...[text shortened]... e good of man in general, it leads to nothing here or hereafter."

chomp on that as bit.
    Again the unbeliever can not understand CHRIST, so how can they understand those that believe and follow HIM
  5. Not Kansas
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:06
    a bit more:

"These books, beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation (which, by the by, is a book of riddles that requires a revelation to explain it), are, we are told, the word of God. It is, therefore, proper for us to know who told us so, that we may know what credit to give to the report. The answer to this question is, that nobody can tell ...[text shortened]... ine the internal evidence contained in the books themselves."

are you done chomping yet?
    That's it, the books which some people call THE WORD OF GOD were picked and chosen by men, men who are by definition sinners and fallible by virtue of being the sons of Adam who cast mankind into a state of sin, yet these books chosen by flawed men are the WORD?
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:11
    a bit more:

"These books, beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation (which, by the by, is a book of riddles that requires a revelation to explain it), are, we are told, the word of God. It is, therefore, proper for us to know who told us so, that we may know what credit to give to the report. The answer to this question is, that nobody can tell ...[text shortened]... ine the internal evidence contained in the books themselves."

are you done chomping yet?
    What he was saying was that THE WORD OF GOD, was so simple that he could not understand it. Which may be the same problem that you have. Which now clears up where you got it from. Also like you if he did not Repent and get saved. He will be in that section among those that believe that THE WORD OF GOD, was to simple understand, that it was hard.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:17
    keep reading bf you have only your chains to lose.
    I am free, freed by the Saving power of JESUS CHRIST. I the untruth of your posts, always have. You would be better off going through THE WORDS OF CHRIST, with me to take the scales off your eyes. So that you as well can see the truth.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:19
    "One thing, however, is much less equivocal, which is, that out of the matters contained in those books, together with the assistance of some old stories, the Church has set up a system of religion very contradictory to the character of the person whose name it bears. It has set up a religion of pomp and revenue, in pretended imitation of a person whose life was humility and poverty."

thats enuff Thomas Paine for you to chomp on bf
    Keeep em coming, you are only showing how blind unbelievers and pretend to be Christians are.
  9. Not Kansas
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:20
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    I am free, freed by the Saving power of JESUS CHRIST. I the untruth of your posts, always have. You would be better off going through THE WORDS OF CHRIST, with me to take the scales off your eyes. So that you as well can see the truth.
    Have I told you lately that you're nuts?
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:24
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    That's it, the books which some people call THE WORD OF GOD were picked and chosen by men, men who are by definition sinners and fallible by virtue of being the sons of Adam who cast mankind into a state of sin, yet these books chosen by flawed men are the WORD?
    THE WORD OF GOD, has always and will always stand true. Yes the enemies of GOD, have tried to distort the truth. But they could not keep CHRIST on the Cross or in the grave. In fact more and more of mankind is comming to the truth of JESUS CHRIST. The real thruth of CHRIST, THE WORD OF GOD.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:26
    THE WORD OF GOD, has always and will always stand true. Yes the enemies of GOD, have tried to distort the truth. But they could not keep CHRIST on the Cross or in the grave. In fact more and more of mankind is comming to the truth of JESUS CHRIST. The real thruth of CHRIST, THE WORD OF GOD.
    Are you just warming up for your fellowship? Are you standing in front of the mirror?
  12. Not Kansas
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:30
    Yet, THE WORD OF GOD was chosen from a list by sinners.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:31
    Have I told you lately that you're nuts?
    Remember the man that had the legions of demons. He heard the WORDS OF CHRIST, and got healed.
    MARK 5:1-20
    LUKE 8:22-39
    Hear the WORDS OF CHRIST, and come to get healed.
  14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:34
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Are you just warming up for your fellowship? Are you standing in front of the mirror?
    I will not deny that in my past I may have talked to others that believe as you do. But it is THE WORD OF GOD, that converts mankind to be saved.
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 05:38
    Yet, THE WORD OF GOD was chosen from a list by sinners.
    There have been many sinners in WORD OF GOD, yet GOD spared them when they came to accept THE WORD OF GOD, and what GOD was telling them all along. So there is plenty of room for more unbelievers to come to THE WORD OF GOD, through the saving Power of JESUS CHRIST.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree