Christianity, the world's biggest joke.

Christianity, the world's biggest joke.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Nov 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Bromage
I didn't say Christianity sucked, buddy, although I'm sure ignorant people like you depend on meddling people's words to make themselves sound right. I said it's a joke, and it is. It's so disgusting the way Christianity predjudices and judges others, while never failing in contradiciting itself infinately over.
Yeh, you're right, I am convinced about ...[text shortened]... : it is an oxymoron. Have you missed something? Our whole friggin EXISTENCE is an oxymoron! Duh!
I didn't say Christianity sucked, buddy.

Joke, n : Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality.
Suck, v, slang: To be disgustingly disagreeable.

I stand corrected.

I said it's a joke, and it is.

Christianity being a joke was a joke? Perhaps you shouldn't be so ambiguous in future posts and you would actually get some positive remarks from my side.

It's so disgusting the way Christianity predjudices(sic) and judges others, while never failing in contradiciting(sic) itself infinitely(sic) over.

Here we go again... some more of your blanket statements. This is where my beef is with you. A little more discernment and a little less vitriolic, all-inclusive bigotry can go a long way.

Yeh, you're right, I am convinced about this, and your sad attempt at belittling my argument hasn't even come CLOSE to changing my opinion.

If you read carefully, my post was an attack on your ideology not a mindless diatribe of ad hominems like most of yours.

And as for facts - what the hell would YOU know about facts?

See, this is a good example of a personal insult; if you want to go that way, I can gladly accommodate you.

You defend Christianity on the basis of charities and soup kitchens, while overlooking the very crux of the beliefs and methodologies that make up the religion in the first place!

That was hardly a defense of Christian ideology. I took your "joke" about a joke in its literal meaning and gave you a literal defense. I was showing that Christianity is not a joke, but does a lot of good. Please, if your beef is with Christian ideology the burden of proof is all yours, I'm not going to mount a defense on your unsubstantiated tirades.

And I didn't even mention ANYTHING about major disasters, so why the hell did you bring that up, moron?

So now I can't say anything you didn't bring up first. This is a public forum, friend, I doesn't work that way. Btw, you can lay off the childish insults of jumping up and down, beating your chest and calling me names, its lost on me.

Do you honestly think that's all Christianity is about?

I question your understanding of Christianity in all its diverse manifestations when you resort to unsubstantiated universal statements.

How did YOU come to the conclusion that life has any meaning?

I just demonstrated to you philosophically how one can reach such a conclusion.

But you're too shortsighted you don't understand that ALL THOSE THINGS WERE MADE UP BY SOMEONE! It's all fabricated nonsense.

All? Care to demonstrate how, where and when?

We could have just as easily invented a society wherein rape and murder were considered socially acceptable, and it was amoral to give a starving man food.

Frogstomp, did you give this dude a rec for hilarious statements such as these?

I challenge you to demonstrate how such a society would survive for more than a couple generations.

Weak people like you can't accept that, though.

Should I gym more to understand this great concept of yours?

I can tell you from experience - it leaves you with a genuine inner peace.

So my inner peace must be a false one because you said so?

Our whole friggin EXISTENCE is an oxymoron! Duh!

I see no oxymoron here. It must be based on the improvable philosophical axioms you base your worldview upon.

Peace.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Nov 05
1 edit

n., pl. -morons.
A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

Is it "friggin EXISTENCE" or "whole friggin" or "whole EXISTENCE"? Please, show me the oxymorn, I must be way too weak to get it.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Then not much has changed in 2000 years.
You wish. It has become the accepted norm in Western society. It's even infested such Eastern cultures we see in Korea.

Buddy Jesus, anyone?

http://mplex.ath.cx/photogallery/bigguybuddychrist.jpg

B

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]I didn't say Christianity sucked, buddy.

Joke, n : Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality.
Suck, v, slang: To be disgustingly disagreeable.

I stand corrected.

I said it's a joke, and it is.

Christianity being a joke was a joke? Perhaps you shouldn't be so ambiguous in future posts and you would actually get s ...[text shortened]... It must be based on the improvable philosophical axioms you base your worldview upon.

Peace.[/b]
I didn't think I was being ambiguous. You should consult your oxford dictionary again, that definition you just pulled out specified exactly what I meant. Nothing ambiguous about it.
In regards to my much loved blanket statements, try consulting some of my earlier posts, there's a few specific examples thrown in to help illustrate my point for you. Think about these statements in any case; there is an awesome amount of truth there if you'd actually stop and think about it. Obviously, you haven't done so as of yet, otherwise you wouldn't think of them as "unsubstantiated tirades". You must have been living under a rock your whole life if you can see no truth in what I'm saying.
Btw, you're more than welcome to bring things up which I haven't brought up already, but for God's sake, don't throw them back at me as something I'VE said. I don't like having words thrust in my mouth. Do this, and you can expect less "childish insults".
You have done NOTHING to prove that life has any meaning whatsoever; so why the hell are you telling me that you have?
You can't possibly be serious in arguing with my point that all values and morals in human society were created by human beings?! You don't need specifics regarding this. They have been evolving and developing since the dawn of time .....oh ....wait ...you probably think GOD created them all - right after he finished with the earth and the sky and the sediments and the various creatures, etc: well, im not even going to GO there. We'll be right back to where we started.
Im glad you find my statements so hilarious. I find yours just as funny, believe you me. Well in response to your "challenge", early stages of human beings (and we're talking tens of thousands of years ago here) were nothing more than murdering, raping, ammoral animals. Since then, obviously, we've come along way after discovering a little thing called REASON closely followed by fire and the wheel, etc. Somewhere along the way we've INVENTED all our lovely morals, values, religions, laws, and all the rest of it. So the news flash for you is: Deep down in the bosom of each and every human being on the planet is that murdering, raping, amoral animal njust bursting to get out - yes, that's right - even in someone as morally self-righteous as you! You're probably going to ask me more specifics, like "dates", "individuals", "times". Well, before you do, don't bother - I don't have the answer to that one. Maybe you should consult your beloved oxford on that one. Aint no knowledge like book knowledge!
I liked the gym call by the way. Kept me laughing for ages. 😕
What you think is your inner peace really isn't inner peace at all, because there's no truth in it. It's peace which is the result of a contrived fiction. My innerpeace stems from TRUTH. The truth is out there......
You see no oxmoron because you're blind and ignorant, which is why you turned to religion in the first place. See ....it all makes sense!
Any more questions?

l

London

Moves
17 Nov 05

Christianity used to be the sacrifice of onesself for the benefit of all mankind. That is what Christ himself wanted to show us through his crucifixion. He used to encourage us to take only what money and material posessions we needed to survive, and share the rest with others who were more needy. He taught that we should not judge, persecute or retalliate ...[text shortened]... le Jesus was never anything more than a simple carpenter! The list of contradictions never ends.
B: He taught that we should not judge, persecute or retalliate to anyone, but to be nothing but loving and caring and accepting of all. He said we should be tolerant of all people, no matter how different they might be from ourselves.

Jesus made a clear distinction between sin and sinners. The latter is to be tolerated and forgiven; the former is not. Read his sermons against the Pharisees, for instance.

B: Unfortunately, most Christians today horde their wealth, just like most non-Christians, they would not share anything they own with strangers if their life depended on it.

Really? Have you determined this based on a sample of Christians across the world? Or just Down Under?

B: Some of the most judgemental, rude, and discriminating people I've ever met have been Christians, who consider themselves morally superior to non-Christians and who think they can tell others what is 'right' and 'wrong'.

What about the rest of the "most judgemental[sic], rude and discriminating people" you've met?

Besides, Christ never said you shouldn't tell others what is right and wrong - He did so Himself. His Apostles and disciples did so as well.

B: Over the last 2000 years Christians have become the masters of persecution, KILLING those who don't agree with their beliefs in many instances.

I thought you were talking about Christianity today. Are the Christians of today killing those who don't agree with their beliefs as a general rule?

B: Look at the Pope, the head of the Catholic Church, who lives in splendour and luxury ...

Why, have you been to the Pope's apartment?

Do you "take only what money and possessions you need to survive, and share the rest with others who were more needy"?

It seems to be that you are being as judgmental and rude as the "Christians" you are criticising.

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

There is no such thing as everlasting damnation. I hate to be the one to tell you, but our existence is entirely random and meaningless. Our entire universe is a speck of dirt on someone's shoe. Our earth is some kid's science fair project. Our planet is floating around without form or meaning, in an infinite universe just as void and meaningless. Some day ...[text shortened]... to make us feel better about the pointlessness of our very lives. You chose God. I chose truth.
Those of you who donot believe in everlasting damnation, beware. Those of you that believe that life is meaningless, beware. Yes, mankind is but a speck of dust of the earth. Yes this life and this earth will one day end. Yes there are those who chose to mock GOD, without the thought, of what they are doing.Yes there those that believe that they can pay for dignity and status in life. But at what price? Remember one thing the time will come when that evil being that shown and given you that truth. Will return for the payment for that dignity and status in life. Remember the day when you were told as you Mock the MOST HIGH GOD. There is a price to pay to go to hell. There is a price to pay for everlasting damnation. Many of you seem to be gladly and willing to pay it. The time will come when you, the devil and GOD will meet. The time will come when the great Liar satan, will come and bow on his knees before, THE MOST HIGH GOD.
All of you who Mocked the Truth about GOD. Will say when it is too late, how can I have been so stupid. So contiue to Mock GOD and those who believe in HIM. Continue if that is the truth you believe in. Continue on the road to ruin. But please remember just this one thing.
REPENT for JESUS is comming, and soon.

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
Oh crap, you are as scared of death as any suicide bomber and need assurances that you will enter a Paradise before you would pull that trigger.
Believers do not live in fear. The fear we used to have, has turned to love. Love in the knowledge that we are forgiven. We are forgiven for all the wrongs we have ever done. We know as we look back over the History of mankind. How mankind has done all he could to destroy himself. How mankind has done all he could to destroy this earth. As the day grows closer and closer, and satan who knows that his time is soon to end. When all the Unbelievers mock GOD more and more, and blame and curse GOD. When you look at the Believers that are trusting GOD for all things. When you see CHRIST return for all those that chose believe. When on that Great Day of Judgement, there will be no joy watching those that had a chance to hear the message. There will be no joy in watching those being condemned to that everlasting punishment, that you donot believe in. REPENT for JESUS CHRIST is soon to come.

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
I saw that too. Odd, I thought.
Was it on Fox News

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Nov 05

I didn't think I was being ambiguous. You should consult your oxford dictionary again, that definition you just pulled out specified exactly what I meant. Nothing ambiguous about it.
In regards to my much loved blanket statements, try consulting some of my earlier posts, there's a few specific examples thrown in to help illustrate my point for you. Think ...[text shortened]... why you turned to religion in the first place. See ....it all makes sense!
Any more questions?

Exactly. It was at who/what it was directed that was ambiguous.

In regards to my much loved blanket statements, try consulting some of my earlier posts, there's a few specific examples thrown in to help illustrate my point for you.

Specific enough to condemn the whole of Christianity?

You must have been living under a rock your whole life if you can see no truth in what I'm saying.

lol, you sound like Howardgee, do you guys know each other?

Think about these statements in any case; there is an awesome amount of truth there if you'd actually stop and think about it.

I agree with you. Our deduced conclusions are just eons apart.

Btw, you're more than welcome to bring things up which I haven't brought up already, but for God's sake, don't throw them back at me as something I'VE said. I don't like having words thrust in my mouth. Do this, and you can expect less "childish insults".

I'll keep this in mind when dealing with you in future. 😉

You have done NOTHING to prove that life has any meaning whatsoever; so why the hell are you telling me that you have?

Refer to the elementary philosophy in my first post.

You can't possibly be serious in arguing with my point that all values and morals in human society were created by human beings?! You don't need specifics regarding this. They have been evolving and developing since the dawn of time .....oh ....wait ...you probably think GOD created them all - right after he finished with the earth and the sky and the sediments and the various creatures, etc: well, im not even going to GO there.

To present something as TRUTH you need to bring something more concrete than mere circumstancial evidence.

I find yours just as funny, believe you me.

No hard feelings here.

I find yours just as funny, believe you me. Well in response to your "challenge", early stages of human beings (and we're talking tens of thousands of years ago here) were nothing more than murdering, raping, ammoral animals. Since then, obviously, we've come along way after discovering a little thing called REASON closely followed by fire and the wheel, etc. Somewhere along the way we've INVENTED all our lovely morals, values, religions, laws, and all the rest of it.

I look at the frugal evidence of our origins and see no evidence for this - man may have been technologically disadvantaged, but I have found no evidence that we are any less/more brutal than we are today.

Deep down in the bosom of each and every human being on the planet is that murdering, raping, amoral animal njust bursting to get out - yes, that's right - even in someone as morally self-righteous as you!

Oh, I agree with you completely. Its called the state of being a unregenerate, fallen, creature. Something we are all born into.

What you think is your inner peace really isn't inner peace at all, because there's no truth in it. It's peace which is the result of a contrived fiction. My innerpeace stems from TRUTH. The truth is out there......

Maybe BlindFaith would like a go at this... a recipe for... er... ehm, well anyway, moving on.

You see no oxmoron because you're blind and ignorant, which is why you turned to religion in the first place. See ....it all makes sense!
Any more questions?

You got nothing on me. 😏

Any more questions?

I see from your description that you're an actor. May I ask in which field of the arts?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Nov 05

to hal's " Maybe BlindFaith would like a go at this..."

please get him to use capital letters properly I really hate it when he starts a chapter in the middle of a sentence.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
to hal's " Maybe BlindFaith would like a go at this..."

please get him to use capital letters properly I really hate it when he starts a chapter in the middle of a sentence.
Some habbits are hard to break.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
17 Nov 05
1 edit

I have to pipe in here with a few comments -
First off - Have you ever considered this?

The WORD OF GOD, was written by man, carried by man, taught by man, translated ad nauseum by man again and again over 5000 years. At the very core of Christianity, it states that man is a fallable creature. You're tell me that NOT ONCE in that entire time did man, as a species, whose very nature is fallable, make a mistake?

Second - The Bible, also written by man, taught by man and translated ad nauseum by man, is spewing with contradictions. You all say that you are not to fear God....but I can (and did in another post) quote more than a dozen SCRIPTURES where it states that God is to be feared...and from the first 3 books alone. Get over yourselves - Christianity is an outdated religion of a time that has not existed for 3000 years. It has survived as such because people want the easy way out - they dont want to think. Christianity already existed, so they went with it because it was there. It is the cheap, simple way out. Christianity does not take into account anything that we have learned in the last 2000 years.

Lastly: Frog - Excellent post.

RG

Moves
17 Nov 05

l

London

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by RAY GAMMA
Couldn't have better said.Carpenter,shoe maker,same shit.
Glad to hear your 2c.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
17 Nov 05

Have you read the Bible?
Anyway, it doesn't matter whether or not EVERYONE followed those beliefs 2000 years ago. The fact of the matter is, that's what the core values of Christianity are, and they have been reversed into a perversion of religion, which is what Christianity is today.
I guess this one is replying to my last post.
Of course it matters, you stated that this perversion of religion has happened over the last two thousand years. When did it start to change, 1000 years ago ?, 500 years ago ?, why not 5 years after Christs death or even when he was still alive ?
I would say that there is plenty of evidence from modern day organisations showing this to be the case. As the death of a founder or a major disagreement with between key party members of an organisation often results in some perversion to the original ideology as the organisation starts to fragment. This is just natural, as it is in our human nature to make things that we have control over, lean towards our own favour. The fact that most Christains don't follow Christ's ideology is not a joke its actually sad, as I believe that the world would be a kinder place if they did (that goes others religions too). Of course that said, there is no way of knowing if this ideology as stated in the bible is completely utterly correct or complete.😉