Christianity, the world's biggest joke.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
The only thing stopping you from ever-lasting damnation is the Grace of GOD.
There is no such thing as everlasting damnation. I hate to be the one to tell you, but our existence is entirely random and meaningless. Our entire universe is a speck of dirt on someone's shoe. Our earth is some kid's science fair project. Our planet is floating around without form or meaning, in an infinite universe just as void and meaningless. Some day all will end as it began - with an explosion. And then the whole bloody process will start over again. There always have been and always will be, however, people who want to believe in the FICTION of religion in order to make themselves feel better about this inevitable truth. To a degree, I don't blame you. It can get kind of depressing, knowing that nothing that you ever do in your life means anything. But I guarantee that you will lead a happier life if you embrace TRUTH and can at least afford yourself that dignity. God is fiction. God does not exist, because there are millions of ideas as to what God actually is. We all want something to make us feel better about the pointlessness of our very lives. You chose God. I chose truth.

h

Cosmos

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
True Christians have no fear.
ignorance is bliss.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
True Christians have no fear.
Oh crap, you are as scared of death as any suicide bomber and need assurances that you will enter a Paradise before you would pull that trigger.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by howardgee
ignorance is bliss.
God doesn't want you to live in fear.

I have no fear over death. I know where I am spending eternity, with God. John 14:6 Jesus is the way to the father.

Do you even know the Definition to the word Bliss?

If I ever have a Girl I would like to name her Trinity Bliss Hill
or Cherlyn Bliss Hill after the sing Cher.

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bromage
There is no such thing as everlasting damnation. I hate to be the one to tell you, but our existence is entirely random and meaningless. Our entire universe is a speck of dirt on someone's shoe. Our earth is some kid's science fair project. Our planet is floating around without form or meaning, in an infinite universe just as void and meaningless. Some day ...[text shortened]... to make us feel better about the pointlessness of our very lives. You chose God. I chose truth.
You believe your way, I'll believe in mine. In the end we will find out the Truth, and it will not be by Luck.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Nov 05

There is no such thing as everlasting damnation. I hate to be the one to tell you, but our existence is entirely random and meaningless. Our entire universe is a speck of dirt on someone's shoe. Our earth is some kid's science fair project. Our planet is floating around without form or meaning, in an infinite universe just as void and meaningless. Some day ...[text shortened]... to make us feel better about the pointlessness of our very lives. You chose God. I chose truth.
Your jaundiced floating universe is FICTION.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Nov 05

You are really a piece of work. So Christianity sucks, huh? A convenient blanket statement, to say the least. You are going to need to substantiate ad nauseum to even get started on this. Somehow I think you don't even feel like discussing it, your mind's already made up, it would be pointless to confuse you with some of the facts: When there are major disasters on this insignificant planet you liken to a kid's failed science project, who are some of the first people on the scene to help? Christian charity and relief organisations. Which organisations are running the biggest soup kitchens and helping poor, homeless people on the streets? A lot of those are Christians. Charity was given true meaning by Christians. I'm not excluding other relgions and ideologies by this, but your statement is laughable and pathetic.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but our existence is entirely random and meaningless.

Your whole perception of our universe is a good example of argumentum ad ignorantium

How the h$ck did you come by the conclusion that life is meaningless? Think of it, if you lived in the dark and you had never percieved light or met anyone who had - in fact for all practical purposes, light does not exist for you. But then you would never understand darkness as the word would be meaningless without the understanding of light. You need to understand and taste meaning in life to know what meaninglessness is.

But I guarantee that you will lead a happier life if you embrace TRUTH and can at least afford yourself that dignity.

Hows that for an oxymoron, a happier life with the belief that everything you do is meaningless.

God is fiction. God does not exist, because there are millions of ideas as to what God actually is.

So a multiplicity of "god" ideas belies the concept? A little more rationality and little less unsubstantiated prejudice, if you please.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
What happened to The Age Of Reason anyways?
its here:

http://www.ushistory.org/paine/reason/index.htm

a

Meddling with things

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Yesterday the Pope was seen running around with a Kalashnikov on St. Peter's square ....
I saw that too. Odd, I thought.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
NO
"Deism, then, teaches us, without the possibility of being deceived, all that is necessary or proper to be known. The creation is the Bible of the Deist. He there reads, in the handwriting of the Creator himself, the certainty of his existence and the immutability of his power, and all other Bibles and Testaments are to him forgeries. The probability that we may be called to account hereafter will, to a reflecting mind, have the influence of belief; for it is not our belief or disbelief that can make or unmake the fact. As this is the state we are in, and which it is proper we should be in, as free agents, it is the fool only, and not the philosopher, or even the prudent man, that would live as if there were no God.
But the belief of a God is so weakened by being mixed with the strange fable of the Christian creed, and with the wild adventures related in the Bible, and of the obscurity and obscene nonsense of the Testament, that the mind of man is bewildered as in a fog. Viewing all these things in a confused mass, he confounds fact with fable; and as he cannot believe all, he feels a disposition to reject all. But the belief of a God is a belief distinct from all other things, and ought not to be confounded with any. The notion of a Trinity of Gods has enfeebled the belief of one God. A multiplication of beliefs acts as a division of belief; and in proportion as anything is divided it is weakened.
Religion, by such means, becomes a thing of form, instead of fact — of notion, instead of principles; morality is banished to make room for an imaginary thing called faith, and this faith has its origin in a supposed debauchery; a man is preached instead of God; an execution is an object for gratitude; the preachers daub themselves with the blood, like a troop of assassins, and pretend to admire the brilliancy it gives them; they preach a humdrum sermon on the merits of the execution; then praise Jesus Christ for being executed, and condemn the Jews for doing it. A man, by hearing all this nonsense lumped and preached together, confounds the God of the creation with the imagined God of the Christians, and lives as if there were none.

Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is none more derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory in itself, than this thing called Christianity. Too absurd for belief, too impossible to convince, and too inconsistent for practice, it renders the heart torpid, or produces only atheists and fanatics. As an engine of power it serves the purpose of despotism; and as a means of wealth, the avarice of priests; but so far as respects the good of man in general, it leads to nothing here or hereafter."

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Nov 05

".... If man must preach, let him preach something that is edifying, and from texts that are known to be true.

The Bible of the creation is inexhaustible in texts. Every part of science, whether connected with the geometry of the universe, with the systems of animal and vegetable life, or with the properties of inanimate matter, is a text as well for devotion as for philosophy — for gratitude as for human improvement. It will perhaps be said, that if such a revolution in the system of religion takes place, every preacher ought to be a philosopher. Most certainly; and every house of devotion a school of science.

It has been by wandering from the immutable laws of science, and the right use of reason, and setting up an invented thing called revealed religion, that so many wild and blasphemous conceits have been formed of the Almighty. The Jews have made him the assassin of the human species to make room for the religion of the Jews. The Christians have made him the murderer of himself and the founder of a new religion, to supersede and expel the Jewish religion. And to find pretence and admission for these things, they must have supposed his power or his wisdom imperfect, or his will changeable; and the changeableness of the will is imperfection of the judgement. The philosopher knows that the laws of the Creator have never changed with respect either to the principles of science, or the properties of matter. Why, then, is it supposed they have changed with respect to man?

I here close the subject. I have shown in all the foregoing parts of this work, that the Bible and Testament are impositions and forgeries; and I leave the evidence I have produced in proof of it, to be refuted, if any one can do it: and I leave the ideas that are suggested in the conclusion of the work, to rest on the mind of the reader; certain as I am, that when opinions are free, either in matters of government or religion, truth will finally and powerfully prevail."

THE END

B

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]Christianity, the world's biggest joke.

You are really a piece of work. So Christianity sucks, huh? A convenient blanket statement, to say the least. You are going to need to substantiate ad nauseum to even get started on this. Somehow I think you don't even feel like discussing it, your mind's already made up, it would be pointless to confuse ...[text shortened]... the concept? A little more rationality and little less unsubstantiated prejudice, if you please.[/b]
I didn't say Christianity sucked, buddy, although I'm sure ignorant people like you depend on meddling people's words to make themselves sound right. I said it's a joke, and it is. It's so disgusting the way Christianity predjudices and judges others, while never failing in contradiciting itself infinately over.
Yeh, you're right, I am convinced about this, and your sad attempt at belittling my argument hasn't even come CLOSE to changing my opinion. And as for facts - what the hell would YOU know about facts? You defend Christianity on the basis of charities and soup kitchens, while overlooking the very crux of the beliefs and methodologies that make up the religion in the first place! And I didn't even mention ANYTHING about major disasters, so why the hell did you bring that up, moron? Do you honestly think that's all Christianity is about? CHARITIES? You're having a laugh, mate.
How the Hell did I come to the conclusion life is meaningless? How did YOU come to the conclusion that life has any meaning? I'll tell you: by adopting those things that society has taught you, from your mummy and daddy to your teachers at school, to the laws that govern our society; they've all taught you what is 'right' and what is 'wrong'. what is 'important' and what is 'unimportant'. But you're too shortsighted you don't understand that ALL THOSE THINGS WERE MADE UP BY SOMEONE! It's all fabricated nonsense. We could have just as easily invented a society wherein rape and murder were considered socially acceptable, and it was amoral to give a starving man food. Everything you know in terms of morals and values has been fabricated. Weak people like you can't accept that, though. You don't have the strength to accept the truth. So you decide to stand firm by your beliefs in what is 'meaningful' and pretend as though it actually matters whether or not you lead a good fulfilling life, even though you'll just end up as fertilizer eventually anyway.
Yes, I do believe that happiness can be achieved by accepting the truth; I can tell you from experience - it leaves you with a genuine inner peace. And yes, you're right for once: it is an oxymoron. Have you missed something? Our whole friggin EXISTENCE is an oxymoron! Duh!

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Nov 05

I didn't say Christianity sucked, buddy, although I'm sure ignorant people like you depend on meddling people's words to make themselves sound right. I said it's a joke, and it is. It's so disgusting the way Christianity predjudices and judges others, while never failing in contradiciting itself infinately over.
Yeh, you're right, I am convinced about ...[text shortened]... : it is an oxymoron. Have you missed something? Our whole friggin EXISTENCE is an oxymoron! Duh!
Quite a good post , Bro

B

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Quite a good post , Bro
I aim always to please.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
17 Nov 05

Everything you know in terms of morals and values has been fabricated.
No saving illusions, eh?