1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:18
    You've chosen the right religion? Given the evidence that the xtian bible has been co-opted, re-written and based on earlier religious texts and promulgated by men seeking to hegemonize power throughout its' infancy...what happens if, on that day, you find out that you've been worshipping the wrong god and must reject "Jesus" in order to fulfill your entry into Heaven? Would you do it?
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:251 edit
    Originally posted by David C
    You've chosen the right religion? Given the evidence that the xtian bible has been co-opted, re-written and based on earlier religious texts and promulgated by men seeking to hegemonize power throughout its' infancy...what happens if, on ...[text shortened]... sus" in order to fulfill your entry into Heaven? Would you do it?
    Interesting question.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:30
    You've chosen the right religion? Given the evidence that the xtian bible has been co-opted, re-written and based on earlier religious texts and promulgated by men seeking to hegemonize power throughout its' infancy...what happens if, on that day, you find out that you've been worshipping the wrong god and must reject "Jesus" in order to fulfill your entry into Heaven? Would you do it?
    If it was not the TRUTH of God, if would have been destroyed long ago by the enemies of God. But all attempts to destroy the Word of God have come to nothing. Many people are fine with any religion, except of course for Christianity which they seem to hate. But that makes sense because man by nature hates the Truth.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:32
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    If it was not the TRUTH of God, if would have been destroyed long ago by the enemies of God. But all attempts to destroy the Word of God have come to nothing. Many people are fine with any religion, except of course for Christianity which they seem to hate. But that makes sense because man by nature hates the Truth.
    Blah blah blah, what are you blabbering about?

Mind answering the question?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:36
    Originally posted by telerion

😴 Read the first part of the question and read my answer. If you still can't figure it out let me know.
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:37

I wouldn't expect a coherent response from an automaton like dj2, tel.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:39
    All that "evidence" means nothing if you have a living relationship with the God of the Bible. If you do you'll know what I mean. If you don't you won't know what I mean. But once you've experienced the life-changing power of the Bible you will never doubt it's truthfulness.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:40
    😴 Read the first part of the question and read my answer. If you still can't figure it out let me know.
    I know you don't think that another god exists. That has been obvious for a long time. Maybe if I extract the question so as not to overtax your reading comprehension skills . . .

Are you saying that if you die and discover that a different god exists and rules the universe and this god says, "Come accept me and love me and you will gain entrance into heaven, but reject me and suffer in Hell for eternity," you would reject this god?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:43
    I know you don't think that another god exists. That has been obvious for a long time. Maybe if I extract the question so as not to overtax your reading comprehension skills . . .

Are you saying that if you die and discover that a different god exists and rules the universe and this god says, "Come accept me and love me and you will gain entrance into heaven, but reject me and suffer in Hell for eternity," you would reject this god?
    The question had two parts. I answered the first part, meaning that the second part was irrelevant.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:45

I know you don't think that another god exists.

What gives you that impression? Of course other gods exist. The only problem is that they are dead idols. Unless of course you could prove otherwise...
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:48
    The question had two parts. I answered the first part, meaning that the second part was irrelevant.
    That's why I seperated off the question I ask in my post. Forget the first part.

If you meet a different god on judgement day, will you accept that you were wrong and enter heaven or will you be stubborn and suffer eternal torture?

12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:49
    [b]I know you don't think that another god exists.

What gives you that impression? Of course other gods exist. The only problem is that they are dead idols. Unless of course you could prove otherwise... [/b]
    I know you think these slick remarks make you look clever, but trust what people are telling you. You look really stupid when you behave like this.
  13. Gangster Land
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 14:541 edit
    If it was not the TRUTH of God, if would have been destroyed long ago by the enemies of God. But all attempts to destroy the Word of God have come to nothing. Many people are fine with any religion, except of course for Christianity which ...[text shortened]... hate. But that makes sense because man by nature hates the Truth.
    Following your "logic", why have the Qur'an and other similar religious texts which preach, what you would consider false doctrin, not been destroyed?

Did God miss those texts or are they somehow the "truth" as well?

TheSkipper
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 15:13
    Why are you frightened to consider the question?
  15. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 15:19
    What gives you that impression? Of course other gods exist. The only problem is that they are dead idols. Unless of course you could prove otherwise...
    "Dead idols"? Hardly. Allah is alive and well and glory be to him, if you ask any Muslim. If you meant "discounted by dj2 because it means I might have to consider David C's question", then fine.

Why are you pulling your security blanket over your head?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree