Christians ONLY please!!!

Christians ONLY please!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
I use ta say so, 'though I never spelled his name in all caps

I think, however, that Christ is not his last name. Jesus the Christ would be a smidgen more accurate within the framework of your belief system. Outside of your belief system, the question I meant to get at with my curt response remains: saved from what? or whom?
If you do not know saved from whom or what then you are not saved. Therefore however your view my Salvation, does not matter.
But JESUS CHRIST, is the one that puts mankind, right with GOD. JESUS CHRIST, gives mankind the opportunity to repent from their sins against GOD and man. JESUS CHRIST, taught how man was truely to worship GOD. JESUS CHRIST, taught mankind how to defeat GOD'S enemy satan. JESUS CHRIST, taught mankind that it is not about self. But about doing what pleases GOD.

b

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
How does it serve you to know the answer to this question?
It matters only to you and GOD, whether or not you are saved.

N

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by howardgee
So - you give 10% of your salary to the church do you?

It is revealing to hear that the church does not do good just for the love of God!
Yes i do, but what do you actually mean?

N

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Amen Nick. I think you are courageous. 🙂
Thank you checkbaiter

N

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Omnislash
Pax Vobiscum
Wat dit ookal beteken, mag die Here jou nogsteeds seen!

S

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
It matters only to you and GOD, whether or not you are saved.
Apparently it matters to every other god botherer here as well.

b

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Starrman
Apparently it matters to every other god botherer here as well.
well there are so-called little g gods. But there is only one big G GOD.

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
A person that has a personal relationship with God and speak like you do... my friend, you are not a Christian sorry. You are false and speak the tongue of the devil.

Do you know the meaning of the word Christianity?
How dare you!?!? Sasquatch's relationship (or anyone else's) to God is between him and God, it is certainly not up to you to judge it.

Maybe if you stopped being so judgemental more people would respect what you had to say.

Also, if you stopped putting yourself on the same level as Jesus and actually learned some humility, you wouldn't come across as ridiculous as you do.

The stuff that you and your friends post here in the name of Christianity has absolutely nothing in common with the Christianity I know!!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
24 Oct 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
If you do not know saved from whom or what then you are not saved. Therefore however your view my Salvation, does not matter.
But JESUS CHRIST, is the one that puts mankind, right with GOD. JESUS CHRIST, gives mankind the opportunity to repent from their sins against GOD and man. JESUS CHRIST, taught how man was truely to worship GOD. JESUS CHRIST, t ...[text shortened]... satan. JESUS CHRIST, taught mankind that it is not about self. But about doing what pleases GOD.
Yo, BF, open your eyes and find the scripture references to Satan that inform your latest tirade. I think your faith is rooted in some teachings, the source of which is not quite what you claim.

h

Cosmos

Moves
25 Oct 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
Yes i do, but what do you actually mean?
Thousands of years ago, Jesus threw the money lenders out of the temple, nowadays the temples (churches) are all money scroungers!

Remember that God is all powerful and will provide for all who believe in him.
If the churches need money from you, then either they are being greedy or God has not deemed it necessary to provide what they think they require. In which case, who are you to question God and go against his word by donating extra money to the church?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
25 Oct 05
1 edit

Thousands of years ago, Jesus threw the money lenders out of the temple, nowadays the temples (churches) are all money scroungers!

If the churches need money from you, then either they are being greedy or God has not deemed it necessary to provide what they think they req ...[text shortened]... case, who are you to question God and go against his word by donating extra money to the church?
You're assuming that God’s help cannot come in the form of donated money.

h

Cosmos

Moves
25 Oct 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
You're assuming that God’s help cannot come in the form of money.
I am making no such assumption. God can do anything (supposedly - as long as it is logically possible), so why are people being asked to donate money to prop up his churches?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
25 Oct 05
2 edits

I am making no such assumption. God can do anything (supposedly - as long as it is logically possible), so why are people being asked to donate money to prop up his churches?
Because money is the most direct form of help that a business can receive. A church, regardless of whether they are right or wrong, is a business. With no money, there would be no church.

Psalm 62:10 “Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them”

This is basically what Jesus said about not serving two masters. It’s ok to be rich so long as ones heart is with God. This is difficult to do, and I’ll grant you, some churches rob and oppress, but regardless, the concept is sound. A church is supposed to be an organization whose purpose it is to serve the Lord by bringing people to him. I do believe that there are legitimate churches. If this is the true motive, then it should not be difficult to understand that a church needs to receive money to stay afloat. It’s also a good work in the eyes of the Lord to donate in this way.

If a church were to turn its halls into a flee market, that would be another matter.

N

Moves
25 Oct 05

If the churches need money from you, then either they are being greedy or God has not deemed it necessary to provide what they think they req ...[text shortened]... case, who are you to question God and go against his word by donating extra money to the church?
I totally agree with you. There are many, and all surely will agree, many churces that goes after people's money, but not all of them. I think that you can see the difference in a church that is after your money or not.

If I donate extra money to the church, and I feel they will use it for what a church must use it for, I am not going against God, but obeying His word. I dont think God will let you give out money to people who will not use it for what He had in mind.

N

Moves
25 Oct 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Because money is the most direct form of help that a business can receive. A church, regardless of whether they are right or wrong, is a business. With no money, there would be no church.

Psalm 62:10 “Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them”

This is basically what Jesus said a ...[text shortened]... his way.

If a church were to turn its halls into a flee market, that would be another matter.
You are so correct. None of us could say it better.