2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:34
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    The Bible will judge me.

The Bible.

Which Bible?

We're overlooking some major shortcomings here. First of all, every Bible I've run into is an inanimate object. But I digress. It's the most possessed, printed book in the world. There are literally like fifty billion Bibles around.

Which one of them is going to judge me?

Will it ...[text shortened]... to send you to Hellf-i-i-re..."

Can the Bible sing to me in the music of "Rocky Raccoon"?
    The Bible contains the Words of Christ. Christ said that it is not He that will judge us, but every word that He has spoken. So in a manner of speaking the Words of God (which are recorded in the Bible) will judge us one Day.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:43
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Originally posted by Wule

[b]When did Jesus?

Read your Bible dude:

Matthew 26:63 - But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

64 - Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said it: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafte ...[text shortened]... ll ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.[/b]
    If that is your best evidence, then you have none. Think about it.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:44
    Please pray for pastor Ferdie Flores, missionary in East Timor. He is going to be executed today by beating.

Not sure of the other details...
    here are some details including the idea he is not in immediate
    danger. BTW, why can't non christians pray for this guy?
    If a mulim wanted to put in a prayer, what do you have against that?
    anyway here is the link:
    http://www.christiannewstoday.com/CWN_970.html
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:471 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Come on, deej, you seem like one of those guys I can talk to. Not like bf. You seem like you've got your head on reasonably straight. Don't do this to me, man.
    Talk to me man, I'm listening... 😉
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:49
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    If that is your best evidence, then you have none. Think about it.
    Are we debating from the point of view that the words of Christ are accurately recorded in the Bible or from some other point of view?
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:50
    Dj2, do you have any shame for starting this bogus prayer request thread?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:551 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Dj2, do you have any shame for starting this bogus prayer request thread?
    Let me tell you the whole story:

I received an SMS late at night with the request which I shared on the thread. It was really late, so I did not have the time to check the validity thereof. That is why I stated in my first post that I did not have all the details...

I officialy appologise for giving the wrong impressions, but I am sure that Pastor Ferdie still needs our prayers and that he will benefit from them.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 18:56
    Are we debating from the point of view that the words of Christ are accurately recorded in the Bible or from some other point of view?
    "Thou hast said it: nevertheless" hardly consitutes an affirmative claim. The statement can be taken a number of ways, including the most natural rendering: "if you say so."
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 19:04
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    "Thou hast said it: nevertheless" hardly consitutes an affirmative claim. The statement can be taken a number of ways, including the most natural rendering: "if you say so."
    Well it seems you did not understand what He said, but it seems there were others that understood:

Matthew 27:43 - He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 19:131 edit
    Well it seems you did not understand what He said, but it seems there were others that understood:

Matthew 27:43 - He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.
    That's your proof? Matthew 27:43?? Those are the words of the unbelievers MOCKING him at his crucifixion! Seriously have you ever actually read the Gospels or did you rely totally on crib notes prepared by your cult's leaders?
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 19:15

So, your best evidence is the statement of one of his tormentors claiming that he said what is not elsewhere recorded as being said by him?

Even if the Bible were a trustworthy account, this basis would be insufficient to make your claim. Thus, you rest on the tradition of the Church (Catholic and Orthodox), rather than upon Sola Scriptura (Martin Luther's admonition).
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 19:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's your proof? Matthew 27:43?? Those are the words of the unbelievers MOCKING him at his crucifixion! Seriously have you ever actually read the Gospels or did you rely totally on crib notes prepared by your cult's leaders?
    Well if you believe that the gospels are acurate in repeating the words of the mockers then why don't you believe the following words of the gospels?

Mark 1:1 - The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Mark 3:11 - And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

Mark 15:39 - And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.

Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 9:35 - Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

John 5:25 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 10:36 - Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 11:4 - When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

John 11:27 - She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 19:7 - The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

John 20:31 - But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

When Jesus was refering to the Son of God, who do you think He was refering to?
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 19:291 edit
    Guys just think about this: If the Bible is the word of God then the Bible will judge you one day, no matter how much you argue about it today...
    Which one? The altered, incomplete hand-me-downs we have today or the collection of the originals of each book (Note: such a collection does not exist in physical form today. It is only a concept as yet.)?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree