1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 19:34
    Originally posted by telerion
    Which one? The altered, incomplete hand-me-downs we have today or the collection of the originals of each book (Note: such a collection does not exist in physical form today. It is only a concept as yet.)?
    I don't suppose we could be judged by something that we don't have😉

We will be judged by the light that we have. So I suppose the Bible that you have/had in your posession would be just fine.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 19:41
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Well if you believe that the gospels are acurate in repeating the words of the mockers then why don't you believe the following words of the gospels?

Mark 1:1 - The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Mark 3:11 - And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

Mark 1 ...[text shortened]... h his name.

When Jesus was refering to the Son of God, who do you think He was refering to?
    The only verse that has Jesus arguably asserting divinity is John 10:36. However, here is a verse where Jesus says God knows things he does not:

Matthew 24:36 "But (AU)of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

It's just one of the many examples of Biblical contradictions.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 20:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The only verse that has Jesus arguably asserting divinity is John 10:36. However, here is a verse where Jesus says God knows things he does not:

Matthew 24:36 "But (AU)of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

It's just one of the many examples of Biblical contradictions.
    Are you not making the assumption that the Son of God knows everything?

When did Christ categorically state that the Son of God knows everything?

I think if would only be a contradiction if Christ had stated these words.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 20:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 20:49
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Come on dude. A Bible is not going to judge me. I'm more inclined to believe that God will sweep down from the sky than I am to believe that a book is going to determine my heavenly fate. You're slipping here.
    Sure. Maybe I should have said that God's Word will judge us. I don't see anything other than the Bible being God's spoken Words and a revelation of His nature and character to mankind .
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 21:11
    Guys just think about this: If the Bible is the word of God then the Bible will judge you one day, no matter how much you argue about it today...
    Guys just think about this: If Santa Claus is real, and you've been naughty, you're going to get a lump of coal in your stocking, no matter how much you argue about it today...
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 21:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 23:56

We will be judged by the light that we have. So I suppose the Bible that you have/had in your posession would be just fine.
    So a fundamentalist Southern Baptist will be judged by the KJV, a non-denom xian will be judged by the NKJV or NIV, a Catholic will be judged by a the larger Catholic Bible, and a JW will only be judged by the New Testament.

Is that what you are saying?
  9. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 13:26
    not sure if this has been posted as i haven't really read the thread, but apparently he's okay,

http://www.fbc-misawa.org/missionaries/Flores.htm

just thought you'd like to know. however, this may be a hoax and...yeah, erm, yeah...😕
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 13:35
    Originally posted by genius
    not sure if this has been posted as i haven't really read the thread, but apparently he's okay,

http://www.fbc-misawa.org/missionaries/Flores.htm

just thought you'd like to know. however, this may be a hoax and...yeah, erm, yeah...😕
    See? Prayer works.

God is outside of time, therefore he hears prayers offered both in the past and in the future! God heard our prayers for Brother Flores back in the past when he saved Brother Flores from a death by bludgeon overdose.

Praise God for ad hoc.
  11. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 13:37
    Originally posted by telerion
    See? Prayer works.

God is outside of time, therefore he hears prayers offered both in the past and in the future! God heard our prayers for Brother Flores back in the past when he saved Brother Flores from a death by bludgeon overdose.

Praise God for ad hoc.
    🙄
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 13:45
    Therefore, if I don't have Jesus, he cannot judge me.

In the good old days, we would have had you burnt at the stake long ago, you backsliding heretic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree