1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 01:06
    Originally posted by @secondson
    [b]"Can we have a thread where we share ideas without resorting to belittling or name calling?"

So much for the premise of your thread![/b]
    This thread is about clarity which means understanding our true nature.
    Feel free to contribute to WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED.

This goes for everyone else posting here. Please have some respect for the spirit of the thread. (The spirit of the thread has been explained by the ideas already in the thread )
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 01:142 edits
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    "One of the greatest things in the Word of God is that it discerns the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Oh, that you may allow the Word of God to have perfect victory ni your bodies so that they may tingle through and through with God's divine power! Divine life does not belong to this world but to the Kingdom of Heaven, and the Kingdom of Heaven ...[text shortened]... d's Word will never be defeated. First believe that you got them, and then you will have them. "
    BTW after I started this thread I checked my facebook and I immediately found this passage to back up my claims here and elsewhere. It is short and to the point. It backs up the idea that we are God,that heaven is within, the power of belief and that those who stick to the Word of God shall not be defeated.

3 thumbs down would indicate to me its on the money 😀
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 02:03
    I'm out. This thread is just like your posts. Pure waffle. Words of nothing all about nothing.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 02:19
    BTW after I started this thread I checked my facebook and I immediately found this passage to back up my claims here and elsewhere. It is short and to the point. It backs up the idea that we are God,that heaven is within, the power of belief and that those who stick to the Word of God shall not be defeated.

3 thumbs down would indicate to me its on the money 😀
    I've heard of narcissism, but this is ridiculous.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 04:14
    And yet there it is in the bible in black and white : " The kingdom of heaven is within you" (Luke17:21)

Heaven is eternal, to get access to it we must understand ourselves. To understand ourselves we must have the proper premise of who we are.

This simple logic seems to be lost on most of you. I sincerely hope you all find your way. Cheers..
  6. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 04:56
    ... It backs up the idea that we are God,that heaven is within, the power of belief and that those who stick to the Word of God shall not be defeated
    I was once told: ask any Indian schoolboy where is God and chances are they would point to their heart where a western child might point to the sky. Theosophists speak of the Divine Guest, Quakers of the inner light, Christians of the indwelling Holy Spirit so this idea is essentially mainstream and not new. Whilst I agree that nourishing the human spirit should be one of the benefits of following a spiritual path, the danger of the "we are God" thing is that it lacks a certain humility to me. Humanity is a pretty jumped up species as it is at times even in the world of Spirituality with the claims of being God's chosen tribe/ people/species, or guardians of the special knowledge etc. I'm not sure it's a goal of spirituality to add to that somehow?
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 06:371 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I'm out. This thread is just like your posts. Pure waffle. Words of nothing all about nothing.
    Come join us, we've all gone down the pub.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 07:27
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Come join us, we've all gone down the pub.
    Right now it's 5 min before I get off work, and after 2 hrs OT I could use a trip to the pub. The problem is I'm not in the mood to be stopped on the way home after a few, and so I'll go home where the drinks are free and no cops to crush my groove, lol.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 07:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 07:32
    Right now it's 5 min before I get off work, and after 2 hrs OT I could use a trip to the pub. The problem is I'm not in the mood to be stopped on the way home after a few, and so I'll go home where the drinks are free and no cops to crush my groove, lol.
    Are you thinking about stopping off on the way home and Doing a Steven Seagal on some bikers?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 08:55
    Originally posted by @ragwort
    I was once told: ask any Indian schoolboy where is God and chances are they would point to their heart where a western child might point to the sky. Theosophists speak of the Divine Guest, Quakers of the inner light, Christians of the indwelling Holy Spirit so this idea is essentially mainstream and not new. Whilst I agree that nourishing the human spirit ...[text shortened]... s of the special knowledge etc. I'm not sure it's a goal of spirituality to add to that somehow?
    Once I began read the bible by differentiating between 'God' and 'Lord' it began to make much more sense. If our natures are eternal then we are all gods.
    'God' is just a belief system of course, but a sound, positive belief system is what is needed for correct understanding.
    Since this forum is largely populated by Christians I have gone down this road to explain my beliefs.
    I do understand your reservations however this approach has worked for me.
    I've been devoted to spirituality my whole life, sacrificing many worldly opportunities to pursue my faith. Now, one day short of my 44th year, I can say that this has been by and far my best year. Refining my understanding of Christian spirituality has been at its core.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 08:58
    "God dwells in you" is another premise from the bible..

BTW I have retreated to this thread and kindly asked others to focus on the ideas being presented. The fact that other posters cannot abide my this simple measure speaks volumes about them.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 10:231 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Are you thinking about stopping off on the way home and Doing a Steven Seagal on some bikers?
    Do you think this is, in any way, particularly funny?**** As part of this schtick, are you going to launch into a sidebar about how no one should listen to me because I'm "only a woman"? Because isn't that your goal, to get people to minimalize me? All because I disagree with most of your attacks on other posters whom you don't like?

You do understand what 'diminishing returns' means, don't you?

**** Maybe you actually do. You're the same guy who posted the same joke to the 'Jokes' thread four or five times, only changing the location. Your sense of humor is limited, at best.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 10:281 edit
    FMF: Are you thinking about stopping off on the way home and Doing a Steven Seagal on some bikers?

Do you think this is, in any way, particularly funny?
    Yes, I do.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 10:32
    As part of this schtick, are you going to launch into a sidebar about how no one should listen to me because I'm "only a woman"?
    Why would I? I have been on this website for about 13 years and I have never said anything remotely like '...you're only a woman' to you or any woman poster, not even once. Nothing even slightly along those lines. Not one single post. What makes you think I might suddenly now "launch into a sidebar about" such a thing?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree