1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 07:23
    Originally posted by @caljust
    Do you accept the concept Perennial Tradition? Which basically refers to the key wisdom thoughts underlying all religions?
    Since you (correctly) say that this Forum is populated mainly by (Fundamentalist) Christians, it is difficult to discuss the concepts of Eternity, gods, and Spirit in any other way but Christian.

Is this your intention here?
    Key wisdom underlying all religions? Yes , most definately. Otherwise their prophets would not have been so influential.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 07:25
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Eternity doesn't have an end, but I can't think of any reason why it couldn't have a beginning.
    I once saw an explanation of how an infinite past is impossible. A timeline extending forever into the future works, but not when going in the other direction (into the past).
    It just doesn't feel right, it doesn't make sense either. .
    If it is eternal it goes all the way back as well.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 07:29
    Translations can be tricky and clarity elusive, because there's more to it than simply translating words from one language to another. One must also take into account a much different manner of thought (and hence speech) than we are accustomed to hearing.
    A phrase such as " is within you" can be misleading, which is why Bibles often have many footnotes, ...[text shortened]... , and I wholeheartedly agree with the concept of clarity... that one little word speaks volumes.
    Ironic! You guys have different goalposts for my theories..

When in doubt check yourself.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 07:35
    Originally posted by @ragwort
    Happy Birthday!
    I think that anyone looking for objective truth in the beliefs of any religion is essentially on a hiding to nothing. Subjective truth is another matter. Christianity is probably an amalgam of religions stretching back to the dawn of humanity that has itself been re-branded many times. Nonetheless apparently, neurologists have begun to iso ...[text shortened]... tures we inhabit can arise and those social ideals encompassed in the very idea of God are lost.
    Thank you, you know how vain us Leos are,

I take your points. Also, biblically speaking, God is the one who does everything. He judges, forgives, inspires,etc.etc.
    Understanding God is a process of taking back control.
    How to understand something? take it apart. Then you will know how to put it back together.

Start with an old t.v. maybe? 😀 😀
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 07:36
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    "The human race was created by mixing the dna from apes with the dna of the aliens that wanted to enslave us."

Obviously.
    Thank you again for your valuable input.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 07:40
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    "Just to be clear, I dont believe their is any direct reference to dna in the bible."

So why did you say previously, "The bible is an account of how humans were created by aliens by mixing their DNA with the apes on Earth at the time"? - If there is no reference of this in the Bible on what evidence is your strange claim based?

I thought this thread was about clarity, not just making stuff up as you go along?
    Reread 6 posts above this one.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 09:02
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I have made of it what I want.
    What else can one do?

Would you agree that karoly's assertions about things "spiritual" are an amalgamation of pantheistic views and speculations about human history concerning origins?

I'm particularly interested in some of the discussions about "eternity" between lemon lime and karoly. I question the assumption that "eternity" and "time" are mutually inclusive concepts, that "eternity" can be defined in relationship with "time".
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 09:17
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

So, evidently, you are saying that what you have claimed in this thread about things spiritual are just your theories, and that you can't say with all assurance you know anything absolutely true about what you're purporting in this thread?

But when someone challenges you about what you believe you have free course to discredit them as you see fit?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 09:29
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Would you agree that karoly's assertions about things "spiritual" are an amalgamation of pantheistic views and speculations about human history concerning origins?
    To me, karoly azcel's superstitious notions are not significantly any more or less far-fetched than yours.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 09:49
    Reread 6 posts above this one.
    You are directing me to my own post.

How does that address the anomaly of you saying "The bible is an account of how humans were created by aliens by mixing their DNA with the apes on Earth at the time" while then going on to say there is no reference of alien DNA in the Bible?

I'm sure ToO will be along anyway to compliment you on your deep insight.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 11:44
    I'm particularly interested in some of the discussions about "eternity" between lemon lime and karoly. I question the assumption that "eternity" and "time" are mutually inclusive concepts, that "eternity" can be defined in relationship with "time".
    Eternity is defined in relationship with time. That's a fact of this matter.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 14:32

Actually, I did check myself this morning. It was John the Baptist (not Jesus) who said the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

I'm not sure what you mean by different goalposts for your theories. What exactly am I expected to do in regard to your theories?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 14:45
    Actually, I did check myself this morning. It was John the Baptist (not Jesus) who said the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

I'm not sure what you mean by different goalposts for your theories. What exactly am I expected to do in regard to your theories?
    Matthew 4:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
    17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

They both did, sorry!
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Matthew 4:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
    17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

They both did, sorry!
    Obviously lemonlime checked with the pastor. He did not check the Bible.
    Typical of church Christians .. focus is on what the pastor says and not the Bible.

You need to apologise to tell someone that they are wrong?
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 15:03
    What else can one do?

I agree that eternity and time are not mutually inclusive.
    The two appear to be related, but I believe eternity has more to do with a constant state of existence, and time has more to do with a physical (tick-tock straight line) progression of events. Time is a feature of the physical universe, but it's not necessarily a feature (or dominant feature) of the spiritual realm.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree