1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 10:35
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You're the same guy who posted the same joke to the 'Jokes' thread four or five times, only changing the location.
    Yes, I did. I thought it was funny. It was a deadpan thing to do. A kind of sideways observation on telling gags. I thought it was quite humorous. So you're still upset about that 2-3 years later?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 11:061 edit
    ...gosh knows what to do about these bugs.

It seems they have no reading comprehension and/or no respect.
    Either way they lack either both components required for understanding spirituality

So far, and correct me if I'm wrong, only Ragwort and ThinkofOne have put forward any substance. Divegeester has asked some relevant questions. The rest has been fluff.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 11:12
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

Either way they lack either both components required for understanding spirituality
    Feel free to judge people and to deny that you do so. You offered nothing in your OP except for a bit of blatantly hypocritical wrist-jobbery. The thread will end up being whatever people make of it.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 12:051 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Feel free to judge people and to deny that you do so. You offered nothing in your OP except for a bit of blatantly hypocritical wrist-jobbery. The thread will end up being whatever people make of it.
    But you haven't made anything of it.
    Feel free to share your ideas or comment on them if you wish.
    By all means ask questions.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 12:07
    But you haven't made anything of it.
    I have made of it what I want.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 13:53

So far, and correct me if I'm wrong, only Ragwort and ThinkofOne have put forward any substance. Divegeester has asked some relevant questions. The rest has been fluff.
    Alien DNA in the Bible is fluff?

Gotcha.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 22:451 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Gotcha.
    What are you on about? Have you shared any ideas?

I have no confidence in you taking anything in the right spirit.. I have stopped posting in other threads yet you keep coming into this one and contributing zip.. You should be ashamed of yourself but I'm guessing you wont be.

"God wants us to purify our minds until we can bear all things... "
    What does this mean? How would one purify their mind?

These are some of the ideas and questions being floated here.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 23:02
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Gotcha.
    Just to be clear, I dont believe their is any direct reference to dna in the bible.
    Genesis is a story of creation and the garden of Eden a metaphor for the fall of man. Please use your common sense and reference any athropological study to see how there is a gap in the physical evolution of man from apes.
    The Sumerian civilization popped up virtually overnight with many advanced technologies. The human race was created by mixing the dna from apes with the dna of of the aliens that wanted to enslave us.
    This is not in the bible. The bible has been altered to keep us in check.
    The powers that be, who have been in control for millenia, understand human psychology all too well. They know how to lie and how to obscure facts. They know how to manipulate us through fear. Whenever someone gets close to the truth they are labelled a 'whack job' or a'crackpot' or whatever and quickly sidelined in one way or another (Tesla) .

Science will not be able to detect the spiritual component of humans because it is spiritual and hence undetecable.
    This forum is supposed to deal with spirituality, which means understanding the spirit within us. If we dont start with a premise that we are spiritual beings our enquiries will always be directed in the wrong direction.
  9. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 00:48
    Once I began read the bible by differentiating between 'God' and 'Lord' it began to make much more sense. If our natures are eternal then we are all gods.
    'God' is just a belief system of course, but a sound, positive belief system is what is needed for correct understanding.
    Since this forum is largely populated by Christians I have gone down th ...[text shortened]... and far my best year. Refining my understanding of Christian spirituality has been at its core.
    Do you accept the concept Perennial Tradition? Which basically refers to the key wisdom thoughts underlying all religions?
    Since you (correctly) say that this Forum is populated mainly by (Fundamentalist) Christians, it is difficult to discuss the concepts of Eternity, gods, and Spirit in any other way but Christian.

Is this your intention here?
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 04:03
    I think that Spiritual thought should start with a sound premise. If the spirit is eternal and we possess it then that means we have always been. Eternity doesnot have a start. Other conclusions can be inferred but I will take it step by step
    Eternity doesn't have an end, but I can't think of any reason why it couldn't have a beginning.
    I once saw an explanation of how an infinite past is impossible. A timeline extending forever into the future works, but not when going in the other direction (into the past).
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 04:08
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Do you think this is, in any way, particularly funny?
    I thought it was funny. Do you see the humour in the post even if you don’t personally find it amusing?
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 05:071 edit
    And yet there it is in the bible in black and white : " The kingdom of heaven is within you" (Luke17:21)

Heaven is eternal, to get access to it we must understand ourselves. To understand ourselves we must have the proper premise of who we are.

This simple logic seems to be lost on most of you. I sincerely hope you all find your way. Cheers..
    Translations can be tricky and clarity elusive, because there's more to it than simply translating words from one language to another. One must also take into account a much different manner of thought (and hence speech) than we are accustomed to hearing.
    A phrase such as " is within you" can be misleading, which is why Bibles often have many footnotes, cross references and alternate translations.

The phrase "is within you" can also read as:

"is in the midst of you."
    " is within your grasp."
    "is in your midst."

Jesus also expressed this same idea when he said the kingdom of heaven is at hand (within our reach).

By the way, it's not my intention to rain on your parade.
    The title of your thread caught my eye, and I wholeheartedly agree with the concept of clarity... that one little word speaks volumes.
  13. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 06:17
    Once I began read the bible by differentiating between 'God' and 'Lord' it began to make much more sense. If our natures are eternal then we are all gods.
    'God' is just a belief system of course, but a sound, positive belief system is what is needed for correct understanding.
    Since this forum is largely populated by Christians I have gone down th ...[text shortened]... and far my best year. Refining my understanding of Christian spirituality has been at its core.
    Happy Birthday!
    I think that anyone looking for objective truth in the beliefs of any religion is essentially on a hiding to nothing. Subjective truth is another matter. Christianity is probably an amalgam of religions stretching back to the dawn of humanity that has itself been re-branded many times. Nonetheless apparently, neurologists have begun to isolate the part of the brain that senses religious/spiritual experience so something in it has given our species evolutionary advantage. To me God is a word that seems to combine elements of the forces of nature, time (eternity if you like) with moral and social ideals.
    God within to me recognizes the wonder, magic and sanctity (for want of a better word) of individual life and of course the imperative as to how that should be recognized in others. Of course once "god chips" are activated by following religious/spiritual practice the dangers related to my status, my truth, my beliefs as we compete for position in the social structures we inhabit can arise and those social ideals encompassed in the very idea of God are lost.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 06:37
    Just to be clear, I dont believe their is any direct reference to dna in the bible.
    Genesis is a story of creation and the garden of Eden a metaphor for the fall of man. Please use your common sense and reference any athropological study to see how there is a gap in the physical evolution of man from apes.
    The Sumerian civilization popped up virtua ...[text shortened]... emise that we are spiritual beings our enquiries will always be directed in the wrong direction.
    "The human race was created by mixing the dna from apes with the dna of the aliens that wanted to enslave us."

Obviously.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 06:47
    The Sumerian civilization popped up virtua ...[text shortened]... emise that we are spiritual beings our enquiries will always be directed in the wrong direction.
    "Just to be clear, I dont believe their is any direct reference to dna in the bible."

So why did you say previously, "The bible is an account of how humans were created by aliens by mixing their DNA with the apes on Earth at the time"? - If there is no reference of this in the Bible on what evidence is your strange claim based?

I thought this thread was about clarity, not just making stuff up as you go along?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree