1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:31
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    As far as Jesus blaspheming I would say that he was not. However, had he not been the Son of God he would have been blaspheming. He was merely accused of blaspheming because they did not believe that he was the Son of God.

I have just read this , sorry for late I didn't see it before.

What I can see here a circular reasoning. As you can ...[text shortened]... he made a sin by blaspheming. No it is not a sin because he is a son of GOD.

Do you see it?[/b]
    No I don't see it. If I tell you who I am and it is the truth it is not a sin. However, if you do not believe that I am telling the truth then it would be a sin in your eyes because you perceive me to be lying. This, of coarse, is only if you consider lying to be a sin.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:321 edit
    You asked me before what was the message of Jesus as a prophet from my faith?

I didn't find the post but I remember the Question.

I belive that Jesus was sent to Jews and only Jews. He was sent to return them back to the law they diviated from, and to worship the only one GOD. He was sent with miraculs from GOD to support his claim to Jews. And also he came to preach with the coming of Prophet Muhammed.

I can refere you for to the Bible for every part of my Claim except the preaching of the prophet Muhammed (I think you know the reason for that). Although I heared some taling about the verses in John 14:16 to 14:26 are talking about the prophet Muhammed.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    No I don't see it. If I tell you who I am and it is the truth it is not a sin. However, if you do not believe that I am telling the truth then it would be a sin in your eyes because you perceive me to be lying. This, of coarse, is only if you consider lying to be a sin.
    Here I'm talking about cursing and blaspheming others, is this a sin or not?

If Jesus say to any one you fool, is this a sin or not?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:41
    I might got what you mean , but I need more clarification from you:

I think you mean hat Animials were created to help man during his life in earth. So the rules doesn't apply for them. Am I right?
    The verses that I have given you show that sin entered the world thus corrupting the world and negatively impacting all life as a result. If you look at the verse in Genesis I provided it refers to animals as being vegetarians who do not kill each other for food. This also includes Adam and Eve who get their nutrition from the garden trees and such. There appears to be no men or women or animals dying in this garden paradise before the fall of man. However, after the fall of man the animal kingdom is also effected and live and die and suffers as man does. You also see prophesies in Isaiah indicating that one day when the world is made right again after the return of Christ that the animal kingdom will again be at paece as the lamb lies down with the lion etc. and death, hell, and the grave are no more.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:45
    The verses that I have given you show that sin entered the world thus corrupting the world and negatively impacting all life as a result. If you look at the verse in Genesis I provided it refers to animals as being vegetarians who do not kill each other for food. This also includes Adam and Eve who get their nutrition from the garden trees and such. There ...[text shortened]... be at paece as the lamb lies down with the lion etc. and death, hell, and the grave are no more.
    Ok, I got it,

But that will be true if the sin is true....
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 20:49
    Here I'm talking about cursing and blaspheming others, is this a sin or not?

If Jesus say to any one you fool, is this a sin or not?
    I believe you are referring to Matthen 5:22 where Christ discusses referring to others as fools. However, if you read the verse it does not say that it is blasphemous to do so. Christ says that you will be IN DANGER of hell fire for calling someone a fool. Clearly the Bilbe calls those who do not believe in a God foolish, so as we see their are fools out there and it can be justifiable to call them so. However, it is a serious charge and one in which you best be correct upon accusation or be in danger of judgement yourself.
  7. Earth
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 03:001 edit
    Why is Adam symbolic?
    Religion ultimately is about the struggle of each man (or woman) with himself. Although it has universal applications and remifications, when you come down to it, it is about each person fighting to overcome his primitive urges and replace them with noble or spiritual deeds.

The battle is within us. Each person is an Adam tempted by his internal serpent, to eat of the forbidden fruit. Each person has to fight to win the battle of good and evil. We all fail at first, hence "we all have sinned." We must fall before we can walk.

There is no Adam, there is no Satan. We are it. We are the angle who was good then we fell. You must simply read between the lines.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 03:12
    My point is sending Adam and Eve to earth was not a punishment. It was what GOD created them for from the begining. And the only punishment for the sin is what mentioned in Gen 3:14 to 3:19 nothing else. And it means that the crucification of Jesus (If he was crucified) didn't do anything.

----------
    And also you didn't answer this point:

The other i ...[text shortened]... t.

--------
    Sorry for late replaying to you here , I wanted to concentrate in one point?
    What do you consider to be sin? According to the Bible, sin is merely a lack of faith in the words of the Almighty. For example, when God told Adam and Eve not to partake of the fruit they lost faith in him telling them not to partake of the fruit. They either did not believe what God told them was true, which was if you partake of the fruit you die, or they did not care. Either way, they lost faith and sin was concieved via disobedience through deception from the serpant.

You know the serpant said a very interesting thing when he was tempting Adam and Eve. He told them that if they partook of the fruit they would be as gods. In other words, they would become gods unto themselves in that they chose not to want to be accoutable any longer to their Creator, rather, they would be accountable only to themselves. They then found themselves traveling down this road of self service that we find ourselves fighting against today.

I think you will find that even though God may forgive a sin in your life, it does not preclude the necessity for paying a price for that sin. For example, you may get drunk and beat someone up and God may forgive you. Even though God may forgive you, however, the man you beat up has payed a price even though he may be innocent and you will probably pay a price as well by either being arrested or beaten up yourself in retaliation.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 04:29
    Originally posted by Varqa
    Religion ultimately is about the struggle of each man (or woman) with himself. Although it has universal applications and remifications, when you come down to it, it is about each person fighting to overcome his primitive urges and replace them with noble or spiritual deeds.

The battle is within us. Each person is an Adam tempted by his internal serpent, to ...[text shortened]... We are it. We are the angle who was good then we fell. You must simply read between the lines.
    That was not my question. I do realize one can draw symbolism from the Adam and Eve account, however, you said that it MUST be purely symbolic. Why can it not be a literal occurance as well as containing symbolism? What are the implications if there be an Adam and if there be a Satan etc.?
  10. Earth
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 21:35
    That was not my question. I do realize one can draw symbolism from the Adam and Eve account, however, you said that it MUST be purely symbolic. Why can it not be a literal occurance as well as containing symbolism? What are the implications if there be an Adam and if there be a Satan etc.?
    Adam is deceived by Satan, he falls from grace, and Jesus the Perfect has to be sacrificed to save us. The only reason for this to be taken literaly is for Christianity to monopolize God. This story is needed so that Christianity can say we have the only way and the rest of you are all going to hell.

You can take this literally if you want, but I can not buy into this. I can not ignore the billions of Hidus, Buddhists, Zoroastrains, the Muslims, the Mayans, The Aztec, and say they are all delusional and they are going to hell in a handbasket.

The simple story of Bible does not fit with the rest of the universe. There are billions of Galaxies out there each of which contain billions of solar systems. Are you going to tell me we are the only ones? Are you going to tell me these stars are one day going to fall on the earth? That is what the Bible says.

If I have to believe in this narrow vision in order to get into heaven. Thank you, God, just send me to hell.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 23:13
    Adam is deceived by Satan, he falls from grace, and Jesus the Perfect has to be sacrificed to save us. The only reason for this to be taken literaly is for Christianity to monopolize God. This story is needed so that Christianity can say we have the only way and the rest of you are all going to hell.

You can take this literally if you want, but I can not b ...[text shortened]... believe in this narrow vision in order to get into heaven. Thank you, God, just send me to hell.
    I gotcha. So all roads lead to Rome so to speak. Is this what you are saying?
  12. Earth
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 02:47
    I gotcha. So all roads lead to Rome so to speak. Is this what you are saying?
    I am not talking about a tolerant kind of a "everyone should be allowed to believe in what they want." I am saying if you remove the wrong interpretations that the Mullah, Clergy, Pundit, and Rabbi have done over the centuries, it is easy to see that there is only one God who has been delivering the same message at different times to different parts of the world.

It is clear and evident to thee that all the Prophets are the Temples of the Cause of God, Who have appeared clothed in divers attire. If thou wilt observe with discriminating eyes, thou wilt behold Them all abiding in the same tabernacle, soaring in the same heaven, seated upon the same throne, uttering the same speech, and proclaiming the same Faith. Such is the unity of those Essences of Being, those Luminaries of infinite and immeasurable splendor! Wherefore, should one of these Manifestations of Holiness proclaim saying: "I am the return of all the Prophets," He, verily, speaketh the truth. In like manner, in every subsequent Revelation, the return of the former Revelation is a fact, the truth of which is firmly established....

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 51)
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 03:09
    I am not talking about a tolerant kind of a "everyone should be allowed to believe in what they want." I am saying if you remove the wrong interpretations that the Mullah, Clergy, Pundit, and Rabbi have done over the centuries, it is easy to see that there is only one God who has been delivering the same message at different times to different parts of the wor ...[text shortened]... mly established....

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 51)
    So you would say that the "everyone should be allowed to believe in what they want" theology is in error UNLESS one recognizes there only to be one God? Then you are free to believe as you wish? Is this right?
  14. Earth
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 08:03
    So you would say that the "everyone should be allowed to believe in what they want" theology is in error UNLESS one recognizes there only to be one God? Then you are free to believe as you wish? Is this right?
    No. Once we recognize that there is only one God, it probably makes sense to see what he has been trying to tell us all this time? It may not be a bad idea to put aside some of the things we believe. Everyone can't just believe in whatever they want to believe in. Once we know there is one God who has been talking to us all this time, hopefully then WE WILL ALL BELIEVE IN THE SAME THING. Heaven on earth and all that.... Am I dreaming or what?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 04:44
    No. Once we recognize that there is only one God, it probably makes sense to see what he has been trying to tell us all this time? It may not be a bad idea to put aside some of the things we believe. Everyone can't just believe in whatever they want to believe in. Once we know there is one God who has been talking to us all this time, hopefully then WE WILL ALL BELIEVE IN THE SAME THING. Heaven on earth and all that.... Am I dreaming or what?
    OK. So let me see if I have this straight. Those who do go to heaven must.

1. Believe that there is only one God
    2. Believe in what he has tried to tell us all of this time.

So what must we believe that he has tried to tell us all of this time in order to be saved? In short, what must we do to be saved?

Also, do you think that there will be heaven on earth once we all believe the same thing? Do you think this will happen?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree