1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Yes. As did your sources. This is not harsh, except for you.
    Except the God who I'm talking about has been sharing Himself through generations,
    making promises, and doing those things He said throughout generations. He was, He
    is, and He is to come, so He is timeless and true and has disclosed Himself through our
    time here. I'm not trying to figure that out, I'm accepting Him.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 16:25
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Except the God who I'm talking about has been sharing Himself through generations,
    making promises, and doing those things He said throughout generations. He was, He
    is, and He is to come, so He is timeless and true and has disclosed Himself through our
    time here. I'm not trying to figure that out, I'm accepting Him.
    I still come back to the 100 million dead, many of them devout Christians, yet your god allowed them to be slaughtered literally by the millions, more than there were actual people alive 4000 years ago yet back then the bible says your god slew people who were against him. Why do you believe that when your god did nothing to save those millions of Christians and Jews?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 01:422 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Presumably, you are unaware of its defence spending and the military aid and support it receives. If you are claiming it was "miraculous" that such expenditure was authorized by lawmakers in Tel Aviv and Washington DC, then it's a poliical issue that would probably belongs on the Debates Forum rather than the SPirituality Forum.
    Just the mere fact that they had funding to arm themselves is miraculous, for here we have a people that have been targeted over the centuries with oppression.

You had them be slaves in Egypt for 500 years, and then routed by world powers like Babylon and scattered into Europe where they were persecuted for centuries. In fact, everything that was done in Nazi Germany was done over the centuries to Jews in Europe. They were rounded up and killed at various times, and even blamed for the Black Death because they followed their sanitary laws in the Bible which helped them avoid the plague. It was interpreted as them having made a deal with the devil so they were rounded up and killed because they avoided the plague. They were kicked out of entire countries more than once as they were stripped of their worldly possessions, and placed in ghettos by the Catholic church. Through all that they survived, only to find the climax of such persecution in the Nazi ovens killing around 6 million.

Not only did they survive it, they were given a country for refuge and flourished.

Most religious cultures have faded over the years with much less persecution, or none at all, which adds to their mystic.

So why are have they been hated so? I think it is because they are blessed. They typically rank high in socioeconomic status around the world, despite being a minority and despite continued rampant anti-Semitism around the world.

Is it all about money? No, if you check those who have won Nobel Peace Prizes, a great percentage have been Jews despite having a small percentage of the world population. God said he would bless the world through Abraham and he has.

And yes, the Bible accurately predicted the persecution of the Jews, as well as their rejection of Jesus as their Messiah.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 01:47
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I still come back to the 100 million dead, many of them devout Christians, yet your god allowed them to be slaughtered literally by the millions, more than there were actual people alive 4000 years ago yet back then the bible says your god slew people who were against him. Why do you believe that when your god did nothing to save those millions of Christians and Jews?
    Prophets in the OT were routinely rounded up and killed. In fact, Jesus said as much as he said that the blood of the prophets was on the hands of the people.

Then his disciples were rounded up and killed, along with Paul. Then their followers were rounded up and thrown to the lions and killed.

However, something strange happened. The fledgling religion flourished despite this, and Constantine took note of this and decided to adopt it as his own to try and gain power.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 02:192 edits
    Why be upset about 100 million dead people we have been dying since the beginning. God set the life spans for all living creatures so every death can be laid at God's feet, so why be selective?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 02:53
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Just the mere fact that they had funding to arm themselves is miraculous
    What nonsense. The funding and military strength are just down to a convergence of geopolitics and retail politics. It's not "miraculous".
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 13:321 edit
    Why be upset about 100 million dead people we have been dying since the beginning. God set the life spans for all living creatures so every death can be laid at God's feet, so why be selective?
    So to you there is no difference between a Nazi killing a 2 year old Jewish baby, that baby never getting to know what it is like to be an adult, and the now near 100 year lifespan humans DO get? There are plenty of life forms who are lucky to have lived one year much less 100. Your god does nothing in either case even though it allegedly DID actively involve itself in defending those is liked and killed those it deemed enemy. But now, not a peep when 100 million die. Why can't you see the dichotomy clearly evident in that?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 13:42
    So to you there is no difference between a Nazi killing a 2 year old Jewish baby, that baby never getting to know what it is like to be an adult, and the now near 100 year lifespan humans DO get? There are plenty of life forms who are lucky to have lived one year much less 100. Your god does nothing in either case even though it allegedly DID actively in ...[text shortened]... t now, not a peep when 100 million die. Why can't you see the dichotomy clearly evident in that?
    No that is not what I am saying, that is human on human cruelty and crime. God setup His Kingdom and it was very good, we rebelled and do all manner of evil to ourselves and each other. So unless you want to join the chorus that only God is responsible for all actions good and bad then just blame those that did those acts.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 08:26
    No that is not what I am saying, that is human on human cruelty and crime. God setup His Kingdom and it was very good, we rebelled and do all manner of evil to ourselves and each other. So unless you want to join the chorus that only God is responsible for all actions good and bad then just blame those that did those acts.
    Ok, then explain to me why this gracious god would intervene to save a few thousand Jews so long ago but in modern times ignores literally millions of Jews killed at the hands of despots? To say nothing of the millions of devout Christians killed the same way.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 08:34
    No that is not what I am saying, that is human on human cruelty and crime.
    Surely, if you believe Romans 13:1-4 to be true, you therefore believe that your god figure established and installed the government in Germany that did the things that sonhouse described, and did so in the full knowledge that they would do what they did?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 10:211 edit
    Ok, then explain to me why this gracious god would intervene to save a few thousand Jews so long ago but in modern times ignores literally millions of Jews killed at the hands of despots? To say nothing of the millions of devout Christians killed the same way.
    I believe He has intervene, which is why we have not destroyed ourselves yet. You see this as
    bad as it could have been, I think it can get a lot worse, and actually is about too as things
    wind down. This isn't it, there is more to this life than living and dying in it.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 14:41
    I believe He has intervene, which is why we have not destroyed ourselves yet. You see this as
    bad as it could have been, I think it can get a lot worse, and actually is about too as things
    wind down. This isn't it, there is more to this life than living and dying in it.
    According to Revelation is will get much worse.

Then he will have to directly intervene to save us again.

Sad.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 16:15
    Unaided by god?
    Have you met monkeys.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '17 19:09
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Have you met monkeys.
    There is an experiment going on right now with monkeys, a hundred or so taught to use laptops, see what they type. Not quite the same thing as ancient gifted writers.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '17 19:341 edit
    There is an experiment going on right now with monkeys, a hundred or so taught to use laptops, see what they type. Not quite the same thing as ancient gifted writers.
    You are leaking the real truth about the RHP forums. Whistle blower!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree