Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
03 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Leave Trump out of this!
She has TDS.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @whodey
She has TDS.
I don't want to call her out on anything, but he (Trump) has nothing to do with this
therefore dragging him into it doesn't add to anything, outside of an attack on the
character or people who have no dog in this fight for no other reason than to besmirch
them as if there isn't enough of that going on here and elsewhere.

Moves
03 Aug 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
Your moving of the goal posts is both desperate and dishonest.
That’s rich coming from someone that’s putting words in my mouth.

I said ‘current’ and you’ve twisted it to mean ‘constant’, which is not nearly the same thing.

Moves
03 Aug 18

Another misread...first was?
A few weeks back sir when you said you hadn't been following the thread before you responded to one of my posts and completely misread its meaning.

Fortunately the Ghost remembers everything.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
A few weeks back sir when you said you hadn't been following the thread before you responded to one of my posts and completely misread its meaning.

Fortunately the Ghost remembers everything.
Yes, you are quite correct. 🙂

Moves
03 Aug 18

Yes, you are quite correct. 🙂
I keep meticulous notes.

😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Aug 18
1 edit

One of the most important facets of Christianity is free will, even more important than that
is our ability to trust God. The point of much of our faith is trusting God to be who God is
in our lives, our provider, our shield, our great reward. When we lost confidence in the
Lord what is that but a denial of God being the King of the Universe and our Lor ...[text shortened]... nce His history is also wrapped
up in the same document that had the creation story in it also?
When you were in school with the rest of us, learning about the world and our place in it, were you the guy in the back, sitting there saying how it was all bull and we don't need to learn a bunch of bull that's not true? Yeah, every class had one, and he's the guy who usually did nothing with his life and eventually had to join the military because he was so stupid nobody would hire him to do anything beyond digging ditches that required thinking skills. Were you 'that guy'?

You're really not alone, though. There are plenty of people on the other side who don't give God enough credit, either. They all think it had to be some subset of their limited thinking on the matter and that's all it is, when the truth is that both sides are right. Yes, God 'did it', but the way he did it is using nature the way he intended it to work. Everyone thinks they know the answer, one without God, and one with a magician God. The truth is much more subtle and wonderful than either half-answer.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
When you were in school with the rest of us, learning about the world and our place in it, were you the guy in the back, sitting there saying how it was all bull and we don't need to learn a bunch of bull that's not true? Yeah, every class had one, and he's the guy who usually did nothing with his life and eventually had to join the military because he wa ...[text shortened]... d one with a magician God. The truth is much more subtle and wonderful than either half-answer.
That guy? Uh, okay.

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Aug 18

Leave Trump out of this!
Why not address her post instead of using Trump as a dodge?

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Aug 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @suzianne
We're capable of understanding God's use of metaphor here...
Your use of the word “metaphor” will have simultaneously enraged and flummoxed KellyJay causing him to completely ignore the core content of your post and respond by deflecting.

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Aug 18
3 edits

Granted the bemoaning by some that some parts are not to be taken literally actually has some validity to them, but context typically shows where and what is going on.
And yet you yourself choose to determine some parts of the bible as metaphor, don’t you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Why not address her post instead of using Trump as a dodge?
I did, why do you care one way or another?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
And yet you yourself choose to determine some parts of the bible as metaphor, don’t you?
You read just enough to find something to complain about, yes I agreed there are
metaphors in the Bible and context is key in finding them.

What you need to have sink in is why were they used, what was it that was being done
where and when they were being used. If it was to stress a point being made, why?
Having a metaphor doesn't mean some truth isn't there, it means that there is truth there
being expressed metaphorically, and what would be stressed metaphorically is still
showing us something.

Look at the point you are always going on and on about, Hell fire, if that is a metaphor
what is it God is expressing while that is being used, that the reality of that lake of fire is
only a comparison to something, and that something can be thought of as such a
thing as a eternal lake of fire to grasp the horror of it. What then is better for us, yes there
is no lake of fire, because we cannot understand what is really coming, but this it is so
bad that only a eternal lake of fire can be given to us to make that comparison come to
life?

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

... there are metaphors in the Bible and context is key in finding them.
Just to be clear: the correct interpretation of what is literal and what is metaphorical is your interpretation, right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Just to be clear: the correct interpretation of what is literal and what is metaphorical is your interpretation, right?
A metaphor is a figure of speech, the correct interpretation is going to reside with the
author who is the one who knows what it was they were trying to convey. I have not even
attempted to suggest a meaning behind the lake of fire as a metaphor I believe to be
very literal. Giving into the possibility that it could be a metaphor I'm saying than what
truth is being conveyed in the metaphor that is being used by those that believe it to
be one. We each are going to have to look at scripture and figure out for ourselves the
truth of what is and isn't a metaphor. When I read it I do, when others read it so will they,
but the truth is there, one way or another.