Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
A metaphor is a figure of speech, the correct interpretation is going to reside with the
author who is the one who knows what it was they were trying to convey. I have not even
attempted to suggest a meaning behind the lake of fire as a metaphor I believe to be
very literal. Giving into the possibility that it could be a metaphor I'm saying than what
t ...[text shortened]... n I read it I do, when others read it so will they,
but the truth is there, one way or another.
Is your personal interpretation of what is literal and what is metaphorical the only interpretation you accept as being true for all your fellow Christians?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Is your personal interpretation of what is literal and what is metaphorical the only interpretation you accept as being true for all your fellow Christians?
Read what I wrote, it answers that question directly, if you failed to see that repeating
myself will not enlighten you.

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

Read what I wrote, it answers that question directly, if you failed to see that repeating
myself will not enlighten you.
Is divegeester's interpretation of what is literal and what is metaphorical wrong?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18

Is divegeester's interpretation of what is literal and what is metaphorical wrong?
I believe so, but it doesn't matter. What does dive say that the metaphor stands for, what
is the meaning behind it, what truth does it convey? Unless you want me or dive to be the
center of discussion, what about the text, what do you think? If it is all just garbage to you
than nothing of this text really matters to you, so why enter into the discussion? Are you
just looking for away to hang some charge on to someone for some ill you think you see
since the text itself is meaningless to you?

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

I believe so, but it doesn't matter.
It doesn't matter? You're talking about billions and billions of people being subjected to pain and suffering for eternity. It doesn't matter?

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

If it is all just garbage to you than nothing of this text really matters to you, so why enter into the discussion? Are you just looking for away to hang some charge on to someone for some ill you think you see since the text itself is meaningless to you?
It's a debate and discussion message board, KellyJay.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18

It doesn't matter? You're talking about billions and billions of people being subjected to pain and suffering for eternity. It doesn't matter?
So you believe that scripture has meaning and that its truth shows us what is possible
for people to go through? My views on anything are restricted to me, just as yours are
to you, nothing I think about and say will carry anyone into Hell or keep them out of it.
What will do that will be each persons choices with respect to Jesus Christ, they can be
like you and reject Him or accept Him. There are many anti-Christs in the world and
they are all going to end up there in my opinion, not because my opinion sends them
there, but the truth and reality we all face will. If I'm wrong about this, than nothing I say
or think about will again matter one way or another, since my opinion doesn't keep or
send anyone there or keep them out.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18

It's a debate and discussion message board, KellyJay.
So what are you debating the text, because it feels like if its me. If it is the text what is your
question, if it is me, than you should answer questions about you when asked too.

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

So you believe that scripture has meaning and that its truth shows us what is possible
for people to go through? My views on anything are restricted to me, just as yours are
to you, nothing I think about and say will carry anyone into Hell or keep them out of it.
What will do that will be each persons choices with respect to Jesus Christ, they can be
l ...[text shortened]... matter one way or another, since my opinion doesn't keep or
send anyone there or keep them out.
How can "billions and billions of people being subjected to pain and suffering for eternity" not matter to you?

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

So what are you debating the text, because it feels like if its me. If it is the text what is your question, if it is me, than you should answer questions about you when asked too.
I am perfectly happy to discuss your and my current beliefs.

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

There are many anti-Christs in the world and they are all going to end up there in my opinion, not because my opinion sends them there, but the truth and reality we all face will.
These "anti-Christs" are people who are not members of your religion, right? That's what you mean by "anti-Christs" it seems. People from other religions or people who are not religious.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18

How can "billions and billions of people being subjected to pain and suffering for eternity" not matter to you?
It does so I warn people.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18

I am perfectly happy to discuss your and my current beliefs.
Your rules on the discussion of people, why are they ones everyone has to go by?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 18

These "anti-Christs" are people who are not members of your religion, right? That's what you mean by "anti-Christs" it seems. People from other religions or people who are not religious.
I spelled that out in another post somewhere else, go find it if you want, or not if you don't.

F

Moves
04 Aug 18

Your rules on the discussion of people, why are they ones everyone has to go by?
It's your prerogative if you don't want to talk about your current beliefs.