Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Design is one of those you know when you see it things.
That's not really how an evidence-based assessment works.

Moves
02 Sep 18

Isn’t this just an aspect of confirmation bias?

K

Germany

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
The main reason I think why scientists would reject common design is because they have no place for a designer within the frame of reference of their thought processes.

If a designer did in fact exist how would the scientific method pick up evidence for common design? I'm sure if you are looking for common design there is loads of evidence for it. Most scientists are only looking for evidence of common decent because of their preconceived ideas.
If a designer exists and made it look like design isn't necessary to explain the diversity of life, there would be no way for the scientific method to verify their existence.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Isn’t this just an aspect of confirmation bias?
You might have a method to identify design I would love to see it. Its easy to identify and prove patterns, but many patterns don’t require a design.

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
If a designer exists and made it look like design isn't necessary to explain the diversity of life, there would be no way for the scientific method to verify their existence.
How would you know if design was or wasn't necessary to explain the diversity of life?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Sep 18

You have yet to show me a designer isn’t necessary. The complexity of life is a matter multiple pieces, multiple systems all functioning in sync to keep itself going, that to me screams intentional processes, not the results of a blind process with out any motivation towards any outcome!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Sep 18

That's not really how an evidence-based assessment works.
How do you know what has been designed, can you describe your process?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Sep 18

You have yet to show me a designer isn’t necessary. The complexity of life is a matter multiple pieces, multiple systems all functioning in sync to keep itself going, that to me screams intentional processes, not the results of a blind process with out any motivation towards any outcome!
You can certainly feel confident in that idea but science advances all the time and there will IMHO come a time when you or your grandkids maybe will be forced to re-evaluate that position, like when scientists can take a pile of sludge and show actual cells coming out of the mix as a result of UV light, water, minerals interacting.
So far they have shown some very complex compounds come out of such a mix already and I think it is only a matter of time where they make life from mud in the labs.
I can only assume if that happens the religious world will NOT reverse it's story but instead just double down and hunker down in the face of new evidence.

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
You can certainly feel confident in that idea but science advances all the time and there will IMHO come a time when you or your grandkids maybe will be forced to re-evaluate that position, like when scientists can take a pile of sludge and show actual cells coming out of the mix as a result of UV light, water, minerals interacting.
So far they have shown ...[text shortened]... NOT reverse it's story but instead just double down and hunker down in the face of new evidence.
If they were to make life if the lab wouldn’t they be showing that the existence of life requires an intelligent intervention?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Sep 18

If they were to make life if the lab wouldn’t they be showing that the existence of life requires an intelligent intervention?
No, they would be showing if you mix UV, water, minerals and maybe lightning in ways that existed in early Earth and other places even in the solar system that life can form from natural processes.

They would NOT be going, ok, if we add a touch of magnesium right at the 3/4 point of this molecular combination we will make a membrane.

They would actually go, lets put this muck together with clay and UV and lightning and water and let the reaction go on it's own.

Just a BIT different from an active designer.

Moves
02 Sep 18
1 edit

No, they would be showing if you mix UV, water, minerals and maybe lightning in ways that existed in early Earth and other places even in the solar system that life can form from natural processes.

They would NOT be going, ok, if we add a touch of magnesium right at the 3/4 point of this molecular combination we will make a membrane.

They would actua ...[text shortened]... and water and let the reaction go on it's own.

Just a BIT different from an active designer.
But the fact they are interfering by 'mixing' certain ratios would mean it is not a natural process.

Moves
02 Sep 18

Ever seen pictures of the Giants Causeway old chap?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Sep 18

So far they have shown ...[text shortened]... NOT reverse it's story but instead just double down and hunker down in the face of new evidence.
You assume life is just some chemicals arraigned properly, so it is not much different from opening a combination lock. That isn’t something you know for a fact, you believe.

K

Germany

Moves
02 Sep 18

How would you know if design was or wasn't necessary to explain the diversity of life?
We currently have an accurate model that doesn't require a designer.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Sep 18

We currently have an accurate model that doesn't require a designer.
Your model requires more faith than having a designer.