Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Ever seen pictures of the Giants Causeway old chap?
No, why?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Isn’t this just an aspect of confirmation bias?
Excellent question dive!

Wouldn’t those in favor and opposed to seeing design both share the same shortcoming with respect to biases? It was even said one model was better because it avoided design, if that isn’t built in bias what is?

Moves
03 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
We currently have an accurate model that doesn't require a designer.
Your model cannot account for life evolving from non-life. Your model does not rule out a designer in fact I believe a designer makes it more plausible.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
03 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
No, why?
Something that appears designed (to the eye) but wasn't.

www.ramblersholidays.co.uk/giants-causeway-and-the-nine-glens

Moves
03 Sep 18
3 edits

Something that appears designed (to the eye) but wasn't.

www.ramblersholidays.co.uk/giants-causeway-and-the-nine-glens
Why would you say they appear designed?

There are countless more examples of things that appear designed (to the eye) and in fact are designed.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker

There are countless more examples of things that appear designed (to the eye) and in fact are designed.
Patterns can appear to be designed, I've acknowledged that. It doesn't mean much. Design
requires more, snow flakes have patterns even more complex than those. Bird nest can be
quite elaborate time and energy wouldn't produce those, birds would. I think you have not
yet understood my point.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 18

If a designer exists and made it look like design isn't necessary to explain the diversity of life, there would be no way for the scientific method to verify their existence.
It was made to exist, how it looks is in the eyes of the beholder! If you are only looking at
what supports the theory and ignores that which doesn't, much like the theory itself
looking at the good mutations suppressing the bad you get the outcome you want. You
have even gone so far as to announce this is what you have done with your model, you
put in a blind spot on purpose.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 18
1 edit

Patterns can appear to be designed, I've acknowledged that. It doesn't mean much. Design
requires more, snow flakes have patterns even more complex than those. Bird nest can be
quite elaborate time and energy wouldn't produce those, birds would. I think you have not
yet understood my point.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker

dj2becker I responded to you here didn't mean too. Sorry my bad!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 18

Ever seen pictures of the Giants Causeway old chap?
yet understood my point.

I actually wrote this but responded to wrong post earlier, aggg!

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
03 Sep 18

yet understood my point.

I actually wrote this but responded to wrong post earlier, aggg!
It gave me a chuckle. 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Sep 18

It gave me a chuckle. 🙂
🙂 Well if that is the worst that happens to me I'm in great shape!

K

Germany

Moves
04 Sep 18

It was made to exist, how it looks is in the eyes of the beholder! If you are only looking at
what supports the theory and ignores that which doesn't, much like the theory itself
looking at the good mutations suppressing the bad you get the outcome you want. You
have even gone so far as to announce this is what you have done with your model, you
put in a blind spot on purpose.
Natural selection is really quite a simple process and not hard to understand at all. Perhaps you should really begin to consider just reading the article? Perhaps it does a better job at explaining did than I have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection

Moves
04 Sep 18

Natural selection is really quite a simple process and not hard to understand at all. Perhaps you should really begin to consider just reading the article? Perhaps it does a better job at explaining did than I have.

No one denies that natural selection accounts for microevolution within a creation framework. We just see no empirical evidence that natural selection can create totally new species out of a chemical soup.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Sep 18

Its isn't hard to understand, I believe you do not grasp it doesn't have to be agreed with
even if you understand it. I'm surprised you offered another link after I told you the
pattern you have while discussing this topic. Oh well, this makes me think you behave in
the same manner you think evolution works, which is evolution suppresses bad mutations
in favor of the good ones, you suppress critical views about evolution in favor of the
good ones keeping the theory alive for you. Doesn't allow you to view it in light of the real
world, only just in the light of what makes it seem acceptable to you.