Cult I was born into finally exposed.

Cult I was born into finally exposed.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
You are free to interpret the incident as you see fit. You don’t have to believe that my intentions were genuine then as they have always been.
No interpretation is required. That is precisely what happened.

Your strategy of hoping for group amnesia is a strange one.

Moves
03 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Birds of a feather... 😉
You haven’t got a clue what goes on here have you!

F

Moves
04 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Why else do you think I told my story to the media, genius?
I don't believe you.

F

Moves
04 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
If you want to categorie ‘me telling someone to cut you some slack due to trauma you suffered when loosing your mother at a young age’ as trolling then that’s your prerogative. My intentions were genuine.
You are being very dishonest here.

F

Moves
04 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
The title of the thread has nothing to do with you making fallacious assumptions about what I did or didn’t do when I left.
Do you think your treatment at the hands of the cult has had a detrimental effect on your integrity that persists to this day?

Moves
04 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No interpretation is required. That is precisely what happened.

Your strategy of hoping for group amnesia is a strange one.
Of course no interpretation is required by the members of the Dive lounge. They just automatically agree with each other.

Moves
04 Oct 20

@fmf said
I don't believe you.
More confirmation then that you are just trolling then. Adios amigo.

Moves
04 Oct 20

@fmf said
You are being very dishonest here.
Seems FMF is now a mind reader as well. Oh dear.

F

Moves
04 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
More confirmation then that you are just trolling then.
No. I literally do think you are foundering on this matter and tripping over yourself regarding what you have said about it in the past. There is no "trolling" going on here. I just find your furtive, deflecting demeanour makes this new claim you have made not believable.

F

Moves
04 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
Seems FMF is now a mind reader as well. Oh dear.
I clearly remember when you and Romans1009 trolled divegeester about his birth mother's suicide. Like Ghost of a Duke said, it was your nadir in this community. You hitched your waggon to Romans1009's creepiness and blurted out one of the most inappropriate bits of forum 'banter' I have ever read. No 'mind-reading' is required.

Moves
04 Oct 20

@fmf said
I clearly remember when you and Romans1009 trolled divegeester about his birth mother's suicide. Like Ghost of a Duke said, it was your nadir in this community. You hitched your waggon to Romans1009's creepiness and blurted out one of the most inappropriate bits of forum 'banter' I have ever read. No 'mind-reading' is required.
I think you’re trolling as well. Could I be wrong?

Moves
04 Oct 20

@fmf said
No. I literally do think you are foundering on this matter and tripping over yourself regarding what you have said about it in the past. There is no "trolling" going on here. I just find your furtive, deflecting demeanour makes this new claim you have made not believable.
And you’re fallaciously assuming I told you my entire life story to the last detail in the past. I haven’t. And I don’t plan to do so either.

F

Moves
04 Oct 20
1 edit

@dj2becker said
And you’re fallaciously assuming I told you my entire life story to the last detail in the past. I haven’t. And I don’t plan to do so either.
I believe you are not being honest about this. If you had been one of the people who exposed your cult, you would not have been so furtive and defensive on this thread.

On page 1, I put this to you:

"You might have considered doing something to expose it when you managed to escape after 25 years, then perhaps there wouldn't have been people 'still trapped there" for so long."

You replied by saying:

"I essentially said I don’t think I suffered as much as others did."

And then later, when asked about whether you were a witness to the terrible things the cult did, you said:

"I would say it was the accumulation of small bits of evidence but the final straw was when I connected with ex members and heard their first hand accounts of atrocities that you cannot imagine."

So, the media wants you to give them hearsay stories from other members of the cult? Hardly credible, sorry.

You STILL - all these years later - believe that your parents did the right thing by not warning anyone else in the compound that other parents' children were at risk of being raped.

Did the media find that interesting?

Over three years ago, you offered a link to a kind of survivors' support group website and - strangely - then vehemently denied that there had been any psychological and physical abuse and you seemed oblivious as to what was found at the link you had provided.

Why would "the media" be interested in you?

You didn't really even consider yourself a victim, except in so far as you used your time in the cult to make excuses for your behaviour on this forum at that time.

F

Moves
04 Oct 20
1 edit

@dj2becker said
I haven't tried to score cheap shot forum points by doing something like mocking you about a suicide in your family or by egging on a poster who had suggested that the only sex you might ever get is if you raped your wife and then taunting other posters who objected to jokes about rape of lacking a sense of humour. No, I don't see how I can be said to be "trolling" compared to that kind of stuff.

Moves
04 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
You are indeed, wrong.