DASA and I against Genocide

DASA and I against Genocide

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ro

Moves
18 Jan 12
2 edits

No wonder Christians have such a bad name on RHP........
I think you would find that most atheists, and myself, don't view Christians nearly as badly as sometimes we are accused.

The same goes for Dasa. I would not leap from what he says to assume that Vedic teaching is a barbaric, hate-filled religion.

So I had a quick Google and found this on the question of sin and crimes:

-----------

Holy Vedas admonish us not to look down upon those who have spoiled and stained their life on account of sins or crimes. Indeed they are the wretched souls. But they ought not to be despised, discouraged and denounced. They are to be pitied upon rather than hated. They deserve compassion and kindness. They should be reformed, elevated and encouraged to shun vice and lead virtuous life in future. ‘Uplift the fallen and forlorn’ is the slogan of Vedic religion. Vedic philosophy urges upon reformative and constructive approach.

Ye enlightened men,Uplift once more
The fallen and forlorn Lowly and forlorn
Ye illustrious men,
Raise him who has sinned
And degraded himself,
Restore him to life again.
- Rig Veda 10/137/1

Sound like the Dasa we know and love? Like FabianFnas, I would have been very keen to understand more about this religion, to discuss it, debate it etc. Vedic teaching would support this.

However, if I were to dissent from accepting one iota of it, Dasa would call me a child abuser, as he has done before, and make other threats, even though his own teachings suggest another approach is the correct one.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Jan 12

Originally posted by Rank outsider
However, I do find it somewhat odd that engine use gets someone banned from the site, but advocating genocide gets a two week ban in a forum!
The site is primarily a Chess site for those who want to play against other people. Since it is apparently difficult to continuously monitor whether or not a given user is using an engine for some or all of his moves, it makes sense to ban identified cheats outright.
The forums, are for discussion, and to keep some amount of decorum, there are rules about what you can say. But since it is easier to monitor and deal with violations (by deleting offending posts/threads and automated blocking of bad language) and control repeat violations (offending posts are quite easy to spot and users can easily flag a post as offending.)
So it makes sense to allow offending posters a second chance, but not engine users.
I do think a public apology would be in order from offending posters.

Ro

Moves
18 Jan 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
The site is primarily a Chess site for those who want to play against other people. Since it is apparently difficult to continuously monitor whether or not a given user is using an engine for some or all of his moves, it makes sense to ban identified cheats outright.
The forums, are for discussion, and to keep some amount of decorum, there are rules abou ...[text shortened]... ce, but not engine users.
I do think a public apology would be in order from offending posters.
Agreed.

Indeed, if you made a public apology a condition of returning to the forum, then it would amount to a de facto ban where Dasa is concerned......

Perhaps I should put this on Site Ideas? 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jan 12

Originally posted by Rank outsider
No comment on that one!

However, I do find it somewhat odd that engine use gets someone banned from the site, but advocating genocide gets a two week ban in a forum!

No Dasa, I won't let this go until you confirm to this forum whether you believe that all adult Muslim males should be put to death or not. And that, if not, you regret phrasing the post before Christmas in this way.

I note that the Vedas prize honesty, by the way.
Why can't you guys understand that Dasa had no intention of calling for
genocide and this was all drummed up by FMF. Dasa has already verified
that his belief that Muslim terriorist being terminated to bring peace was
his intention. When he said ALL MUSLIMS he meant ALL those that
believe in this radical, irrational, and violent form of Islam. It was all
a misunderstanding. I am one of the few people that spoke out for him
because I understood this. I am not saying he does not have some
controversal ideas; but this was a misunderstanding that got out of hand.

F

Moves
18 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
believe in this radical, irrational, and violent form of Islam. It was ...[text shortened]... e does not have some
So touching see you two buddies defend eachother.
Dasa has gotten a follower.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
18 Jan 12
3 edits

Originally posted by FabianFnas
So touching see you two buddies defend eachother.
Dasa has gotten a follower.
He also had another follower once...anyone remember tacoandlettuce? (User 604334) another annoying little s*** 😞

Ro

Moves
18 Jan 12

believe in this radical, irrational, and violent form of Islam. It was ...[text shortened]... e does not have some
Then why doesn't he answer the simple question I keep posing?

Dasa, once again, please confirm to us all that you do not believe that all Muslim adult males should be put to death. I promise you, if you do, the matter will be closed as far as I am concerned.

RJHinds - is this unreasonable?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Jan 12

Give it up why don't you? Dasa clearly specified ALL MUSLIM MEN. He has not offered to retract this. FMF hasn't lied, hasn't misquoted him, hasn't 'drummed up' anything. You DON'T SPEAK for DASA. DASA speaks for DASA. If he wants to retract, deny or apologise, he will. You can only speak for you. Why don't you understand that and just shut up?

d

Moves
18 Jan 12

So have you seen what Dasa wrote yet.

M

Moves
18 Jan 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Dasa
Thankyou for clearing that up RJHinds.

When I say Muslim men........it goes without saying that I mean violent Muslim men who rape, plunder, bomb, murder and pillage in the name of Allah.

I admit I was not clear about this in my first post....... believing it would be obvious.
on page 5 of this thread, Dasa said the following:

When I say Muslim men........it goes without saying that I mean violent Muslim men who rape, plunder, bomb, murder and pillage in the name of Allah.

I admit I was not clear about this in my first post....... believing it would be obvious

rank outsider and avalanche - this does seem to be a retraction/apology - but it likely got buried and wasn't seen.

F

Moves
18 Jan 12

Originally posted by Melanerpes
rank outsider and avalanche - this does seem to be a retraction/apology - but it likely got buried and wasn't seen.
You count that as an "apology" for calling for genocide?

Moves
18 Jan 12

I admit I was not clear about this in my first post....... believing it would be obvious

It was seen but disbelieved, and rightfully so. The entire context of Dasa speaks to his sincerity in the original post.

F

Moves
18 Jan 12
1 edit

If the original thread, which obviously you did not see Melanerpes, had been an explicit call for sexual intercourse with children to be legalized - specifically mentioning the lower age limit being 9 or 10, complete with certain exemptions, and descriptions of pre-pubescent bodies, as if by way of confirmation that it was 'sexual intercourse with little children, make no mistake about it' that he meant, and if he had been temporarily banned for it, and then came back to the forum, would you accept that something along the lines of ... "When I said 'children'........it goes without saying that I meant 17 and 18 year old "children"; I admit I was not clear about this in my first post....... believing it would be obvious..." ... would you consider that to have been a genuine apology for the original proposal?

F

Moves
18 Jan 12
1 edit

Dasa has already verified that his belief that Muslim terriorist being terminated to bring peace was his intention. When he said ALL MUSLIMS he meant ALL those that believe in this radical, irrational, and violent form of Islam. It was all
a misunderstanding.
Previously you claimed Dasa only meant men who "rape, plunder, bomb, murder and pillage" would be "terminated". Now you are saying people would be "terminated" for what they "believe in" and not necessarily for crimes they actually commit. You can't even get Dasa's story straight yourself.

n

Moves
19 Jan 12

You are an ignoramus and a fool.

The pathetic dribble that you continue to spout in support of this lunatic is disgraceful.

Put your head back in the sand where it belongs. You should be 1) ashamed of your own behaviour & 2) banned for your (proven) false claims that FMF is a liar amongst other stupid & false utterings.