1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 01:21
    On the back of me and FMF's wrangling on the "Unbelievable" thread, I have decided to start a thread before some accuse us of "getting a room". ( ps.I am not allowed to pm FMF)

So if you had to ban either one, which would it be?

also any other general comments about Dasa and the reasons for calling a ban on him should be left here to determine what the general consensus is our there.

(ie. for those of you who have called for a banning of either 2,(or anyone else ) recently)
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 02:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    On the back of me and FMF's wrangling on the "Unbelievable" thread, I have decided to start a thread before some accuse us of "getting a room". ( ps.I am not allowed to pm FMF)

also any other general comments about Dasa and the reasons for calling a ban on him should be left here to determine wh ...[text shortened]... (ie. for those of you who have called for a banning of either 2,(or anyone else ) recently)
    Censorship sucks. I would not ban either one.

I support bans only for blatant spammers.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 02:39

also any other general comments about Dasa and the reasons for calling a ban on him should be left here to determine wh ...[text shortened]... (ie. for those of you who have called for a banning of either 2,(or anyone else ) recently)
    Why aren't you allowed to pm FMF?

I agree with Gambit. Banning is for blatant a-wipes, not people we disagree with.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 02:441 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why aren't you allowed to pm FMF?

I agree with Gambit. Banning is for blatant a-wipes, not people we disagree with.
    FMF wont allow it. I dont think he has blocked me, I just remember in our last exchange that I agreed not to pm him anymore.

I generally agree with Gambit too.
    But in Dasa's case I cant see a sense of humour.
    I cant see a lot of where he is coming from as he refuses to answer questions.

Remember on that request I said that if he continues in this vein then I cant see it being good for anybody.

After all he is writing OP's and not just responding in the heat of the moment.

As a fellow hindu I think a ban would serve him well.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 02:481 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Censorship sucks. I would not ban either one.

I support bans only for blatant spammers.
    Would you ban "normbenign" for his outbursts here: Thread 145779 ...

"If you don't believe me then FY!!! Don't reply to me, or meet me somewhere where I can show you her pictures, and her grave marker before I kick your flagrantly insulting butt. Your insulting remarks are of the type that got Alexander Hamilton shot on a New Jersey beach." [...] "I'm not too old to find you Peggy. And shove it where the sun doesn't shine in the meantime." [...] "Do you really believe you are totally anonymous? Just depends on how much time and resources someone wants to apply to the search."

If so, how many days/weeks?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 02:52
    As a fellow hindu I think a ban would serve him well.
    Presumably you think a ban on Dasa would serve you well too. How do you think silencing him "serves" me and other people who don't feel the need to have him banned? Can't you just ignore him if "he continues in this vein" and if you "cant see it being good for anybody".
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Presumably you think a ban on Dasa would serve you well too. How do you think silencing him "serves" me and other people who don't feel the need to have him banned? Can't you just ignore him if "he continues in this vein" and if you "cant see it being good for anybody".
    Well yes, I could ignore him, but I find that even worse than banning.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I dont think it would serve me well at all. It's got nothing to do with me.
    Well, not much anyway. I was not the original posters calling for a ban.

All this because you butted in on a response to someone elses post.

What do you think you have achieved?

It seems you are always trying to make me out as something I'm not- much the same way Robbie Carrobie does at times. Well done friend ! 🙂
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:11
    No, I dont think it would serve me well at all. It's got nothing to do with me.
    Well, not much anyway. I was not the original posters calling for a ban.
    So you are FOR banning him. Sort of. And you are NOT for banning him. Sort of, too. Right?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:12
    What do you think you have achieved?
    Like SwissGambit, I think censorship sucks. I am standing up for that point of view. Whether I have "achieved" anything by opposing your proposed ban on Dasa, is for others to say.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you are FOR banning him. Sort of. And you are NOT for banning him. Sort of, too. Right?
    Yep, thats pretty much it. See what happens in the next few weeks...(as regards to Dasa's posts and especially his op's)
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like SwissGambit, I think censorship sucks. I am standing up for that point of view. Whether I have "achieved" anything by opposing your proposed ban on Dasa, is for others to say.
    Please try to read my words more carefully.

BTW I think censorship sucks too. But what are we censoring exactly?
    someone to repeatedly tell us that we are fools and liars and dishonest.
    Is there something more you cherish from Dasa'a insipid posts and Op's that makes you think he should NOT be banned?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:18
    BTW I think censorship sucks too. But what are we censoring exactly?
    someone to repeatedly tell us that we are fools and liars and dishonest.
    I don't want to censor his comments.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:19
    Is there something more you cherish from Dasa'a insipid posts and Op's that makes you think he should NOT be banned?
    Him NOT being banned is surely the default setting. As it is for anyone exercising their free speech here. Whether or not I "cherish" Dasa'a posts or find them "insipid" or otherwise is irrelevant.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 03:27
    don't forget, everyone here is capable of banning one person.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree