1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 07:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have never even been to any of those countries, so I don't feel qualified to
    comment on the degree they are "messed up" even though I believe they are
    probably "messed up" to some degree.
    Well bang goes the credibility of your theory about which of "the world's societies" are "messed up" and what it has to do with the death sentence.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 07:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well bang goes the credibility of your theory about which of "the world's societies" are "messed up" and what it has to do with the death sentence.
    I can only tell it like it is.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 07:18
    I can only tell it like it is.
    Actually, no you can't if you concede that you "have never even been to any of those countries, so [you] don't feel qualified to comment on the degree they are "messed up" even though [you] believe they are probably "messed up" to some degree". As long as you admit your ignorance of the use, misuse and effect of the death penalty around the world, then your pronouncements are simply worthless ideological talking-point bluster.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 08:31
    I am not anti-creationist. I am a young Earth creationist, who rants against evolution.
    yes, sorry rj, my mistake. it should have been anti-evolution.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 08:36
    I have never even been to any of those countries, so I don't feel qualified to
    comment on the degree they are "messed up" even though I believe they are
    probably "messed up" to some degree.
    most islamic nations use capital punishment, most christian countries dont. yet you claim islam to be satanic. in the case of capital punishment are you saying you think islam has a better idea on how to do things?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 20:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    most islamic nations use capital punishment, most christian countries dont. yet you claim islam to be satanic. in the case of capital punishment are you saying you think islam has a better idea on how to do things?
    No, it is not capital punishment that is the problem. The problem is with the
    laws and the method of finding people guilty of those laws.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 23:32
    No, it is not capital punishment that is the problem. The problem is with the
    laws and the method of finding people guilty of those laws.
    You said that not having capital punishment is one of the reasons "the world's societies are so messed up". Now, having not been able to make that statement stick, you've changed your tune to "it is not capital punishment that is the problem".
  8. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 09:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You are annoying , a cheat and a liar but it seems your entertainment value should not be overlooked 😛
    did you know that rj has beaten 2000 otb?
  9. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 09:201 edit
    Well it all goes back to a request I had for Dasa on his thread "Unbelievable".

After reading another disappointing OP from him , I thought that he has had his run, his several chances, and could not see the benefit of him being around any longer.
    It was on the back of more posters calling for a ban on him and me just basically thinking it might do message and his posting style leads me to think that he is more like a teenager in his mind.
    So what makes you smarter than a teenager? and why ? your older?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 16:23
    Originally posted by tim88
    Actually the highest USCF rated player I ever beat OTB was Rex Blalock. He
    was rated just over 2100 at that time. But we played in a chess tournament
    on a military base and it was not a USCF rated event. I quit playing for a long
    time. He is apparently still playing. Here is his rating lookup on the USCF website:

11089739: REX E BLALOCK

Current Published
    Rating (April Supplement)

Regular Rating

2226 2012-04
    (Current floor is 2000)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Ranking

Rank as of 2012-05-01

Percentile

Overall Ranking

583(T) out of 49745

State Ranking (AL)

3 out of 431

Note: Only current or recent members who have played within the past year are ranked. See Frequent Questions.

National Master Certificate

Yes

Highest USCF Norms-Based
    Title Earned
    (in events since 1991)

Candidate Master

Quick Rating

2194 2012-04

Correspondence Rating

State

AL

Expiration Dt.

2012-12-31

FIDE ID

FIDE Country

USA

Last Change Dt.

2011-12-06
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Apr '12 02:56
    Meaning what? (am i missing something?)
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Apr '12 03:04
    So what makes you smarter than a teenager? and why ? your older?
    "teenager" was just a loose term. I was not intending to offend. I really should have said "child" or something more apt.

to answer your question, I dont think I'm much smarter than the average teenager when it comes to IQ - type intelligence.

I would say that my life experience has made me more "intelligent" than the average teenager. Not just years but in my case the quality of that experience.
    Understanding ideas such as "reverse cultivation" (which I understand but would have trouble explaining ) .

Age has not much to do with it. Also I am not talking about number crunching or any other feats of an intelligent brain. I am more talking about dharma (life path), "inner knowledge of Self" , stuff like that.
    Of course this "intelligence" is not good for much except my own Divination .
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '12 03:07
    With regard to the utterly damning evidence of chess engine usage by RJHinds here at RHP, it means nothing.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Apr '12 03:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    With regard to the utterly damning evidence of chess engine usage by RJHinds here at RHP, it means nothing.
    Aye.

In that case he has lied to me directly as well.
  15. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    17 Apr '12 07:09
    it means someone should think twice before calling someone with that ability a cheat ! dont you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree