DEBATE; Royaltystatement vs. ScottishinNZ

DEBATE; Royaltystatement vs. ScottishinNZ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by Palynka
Maybe he's warming up.
I am far beyond debates at this point,,,,,,pointless, pointless it is to point the children of the devil out of Hell fire that they are inevitably walking towards.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by royaltystatement
I pity you all who doubt the existance of GOD. He is alive. I believe it though I do not see him, I do not hear his voice in the physical world, I do not touch him.
Yet, I feel him, GOD works through your emotions. the weakest part of you he strengthens, I feel GOD.
That is proof enough for me.
I pity those who say GOD is not real for you donot ...[text shortened]... t will rule for a thousand years! the New World Order was prophesied. SO is the rule of Christ.
Sounds like someone's been standing too close to the glue vat. Pssst: the emotions have no spiritual value. Mum's the word; pass it on.

r

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
"women are helpers to men"

"any sexist comments is [are] out of place here"

You don't see those two statements as contradictory, do you?
hmmmmmmmm

r

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Sounds like someone's been standing too close to the glue vat. Pssst: the emotions have no spiritual value. Mum's the word; pass it on.
Even your posts resonate with the fires of Hell.

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
That's very kind. I appreciate your support; however, it's important not to let our emotions get in the way of a fair debate. Let's give everyone here a chance.
Me? Emotional in a debate? Exmember Univ' of Bath debating sociaty I would have you know. although we never won anything so... 😉
debating is an art form and the result should be decided on the quality of the arguments put forward only. I would sugest a no heckling rule during the debate itself.

r

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by Palynka
Must sound great in a Christian Metal background.

Edit: Perhaps a grunting repeat of "struck down" would give it an extra touch.
Can you answer how hot is Hell?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by googlefudge
Me? Emotional in a debate? Exmember Univ' of Bath debating sociaty I would have you know. although we never won anything so... 😉
debating is an art form and the result should be decided on the quality of the arguments put forward only. I would sugest a no heckling rule during the debate itself.
Indeed, I think I'll have create a new thread for the debate per se since this one is becoming so cluttered.

Moves
24 Jul 06

Ah someone did, I have it round here somewhere....

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by googlefudge
Ah someone did, I have it round here somewhere....
Probably around 666C presumably?

Anyhoo, we have two judges agreeable so far.

Moves
24 Jul 06
2 edits

How hot is it in Hell ?
(Maybe a true story...???)
A thermodynamics professor had written a take home exam for his graduate
students. It had one question:

"Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with a proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities.

#1 If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

#2 Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year, "That it will be a cold night in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then #2 cannot be true, and so Hell is exothermic.

The student got the only A.

http://www.atheistalliance.org/aaw/hotashell.htm

EDIT: sorry I know you have all probably seen this several times before (it does the spam email rounds every 3 years or so,) But it just seemed so apropriate.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Jul 06

Even your posts resonate with the fires of Hell.
Is that the cackling or the crackling? Methinks you may have a split personality. You know, the kind that makes othes want to split?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Jul 06

That's three judges now. I only await a reply from Hal.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
24 Jul 06

Is this a trick question?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Jul 06