Denying the Holy Spirit

Denying the Holy Spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Sep 12

What do you guys think about this?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
01 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BEIWjjUCPM
I'd tell you, but you didn't help out my thread so up yours. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Sep 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I'd tell you, but you didn't help out my thread so up yours. πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰
Okay. Fair enough. 😏

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
01 Sep 12

The kid is evil, stay away. πŸ™

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Sep 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
The kid is evil, stay away. πŸ™
He has just had some bad influence from unbelievers.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Sep 12

He has just had some bad influence from unbelievers.
Maybe he doesn't believe in the trinity.

C

Moves
01 Sep 12

I simply cannot understand the atheistic motivations. I can somewhat understand the agnostics, not knowing for sure either way, leaving the possibility open, no great motivation for them to try to convince the world of their belief or lack thereof. The atheists, however, feel that they can authoritatively state that there is no higher power, and they feel they must convince the entire world of the correctness of their assertions. This puzzles me, in that why should they care what others believe? By what supreme knowledge can they categorically determine that there is no God? The fact they have not sought him, and therefore have not found him, does not imply that he is not there.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Sep 12

Originally posted by CLL53
I simply cannot understand the atheistic motivations. I can somewhat understand the agnostics, not knowing for sure either way, leaving the possibility open, no great motivation for them to try to convince the world of their belief or lack thereof. The atheists, however, feel that they can authoritatively state that there is no higher power, and they feel th ...[text shortened]... they have not sought him, and therefore have not found him, does not imply that he is not there.
There is strength in numbers. The more people he can get to believe his nonsense and go along with him the more arrogant and powerful he feels about his false belief.

C

Moves
01 Sep 12

There is strength in numbers. The more people he can get to believe his nonsense and go along with him the more arrogant and powerful he feels about his false belief.
That must be it. Convince the feeble minded that there is no higher power.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Maybe he doesn't believe in the trinity.
Or maybe he's bright enough to see the trinity for what it truly is and since all the big churches teach it and say it is a truth, he has come to the conclusion it's all lies.
Another trick of satan to turn all he can away from learning who God truly is. He either blinds ones who fall for false doctrines or to the other extreem is able to completely turn them off from God and his book the bible.
Either way satan wins.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
He either blinds ones who fall for false doctrines
Irony, much?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Sep 12

I bet his parents are so proud.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Sep 12
1 edit

The atheists, however, feel that they can authoritatively state that there is no higher power, and they feel they must convince the entire world of the correctness of their assertions. .
Rubbish!

I couldn't care less what others believe; providing their beliefs do not impinge
on my life I say "live and let live", I certainly do not try and convince believers
not to believe (although I may challenge them over certain points). Like most,
if not all, atheists here I think i am far more tolerant of religions than the
narrow-minded theists. Its normally the atheists who defend the JWs, Muslims
and Jews from attacks. (I recently reported RJH's racist post against Jews and
it was removed).

And finally ... when was the last time anyone had atheists come knocking at their door trying to sell them copies of The God Delusion?

PH

Moves
02 Sep 12

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Sep 12

I simply cannot understand the atheistic motivations. I can somewhat understand the agnostics, not knowing for sure either way, leaving the possibility open, no great motivation for them to try to convince the world of their belief or lack thereof. The atheists, however, feel that they can authoritatively state that there is no higher power, and they feel th ...[text shortened]... they have not sought him, and therefore have not found him, does not imply that he is not there.
I simply cannot understand the theistic motivations. I can somewhat understand the agnostics, not knowing for sure either way, leaving the possibility open, no great motivation for them to try to convince the world of their belief or lack thereof. The theists, however, feel that they can authoritatively state that there is a higher power, and they feel they must convince the entire world of the correctness of their assertions. This puzzles me, in that why should they care what others believe? By what supreme knowledge can they categorically determine that there is a God? The fact they have sought him, and therefore have found him, does not imply that he is there.