Dive is a fake Christian

Dive is a fake Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
Ummmm, this thread is about you being a fake Christian.
It's morphed into a thread about whether losing one's faith means that 25+ years of sincere Christian belief and practice was only "pretending" and therefore "fake" or "faked".

c

Moves
31 Oct 18

@fmf said
It's morphed into a thread about whether losing one's faith means that 25+ years of sincere Christian belief and practice was only "pretending" and therefore "fake" or "faked".
I don't believe your Christianity.

F

Moves
31 Oct 18
2 edits

@chaney3 said
I don't believe your Christianity.
I know you don't. But neither you nor KellyJay is able to reach back into my past and alter what was and was not real to me in my life back then.

The internet empowers you, and it even divests you of your inhibitions, but it does not enable you to change the reality of other people's past lives.

KellyJay's "argument" that I was somehow "pretending" is weak in so far as it rings psychologically false and it fails to appreciate the nature of faith ~ perhaps he's too close to the subject.

KellyJay's "argument" represents little more than him reasserting his own faith and beating his hairy Christian chest with regard to supposedly special knowledge and relationships that result from a supposedly supernatural transformation of the believer.

c

Moves
31 Oct 18

@fmf said
I know you don't. But neither you nor KellyJay is able to reach back into my past and alter what was and was not real to me in my life back then.

The internet empowers you, and it even divests you of your inhibitions, but it does not enable you to change the reality of other people's past lives.

KellyJay's "argument" that was "pretending" is weak in so far as it rings psy ...[text shortened]... owledge and relationships that result from a supposedly supernatural transformation of the believer.
You're disdain for Jesus makes me question your sincerity.

I agree with KellyJay.

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
You're disdain for Jesus makes me question your sincerity.

I agree with KellyJay.
I know you agree with Kellyjay. But "disdain for Jesus" is not what I am on about. I am a non-believer. Non-belief is not "disdain". If the idea of Jesus helps people to live their lives, good for them. There's more than enough 'non-disdain' in that perspective; if belief in Jesus brings Christians solace and gives their lives meaning, then that's fine. This is not an attitude of "disdain". Seeking to portray a lack of belief in Jesus as "disdain for Jesus" is a logical fallacy called 'poisoning the well'.

c

Moves
31 Oct 18

@fmf said
I know you agree with Kellyjay. But "disdain for Jesus" is not what I am on about. I am a non-believer. Non-belief is not "disdain". If the idea of Jesus helps people to live their lives, good for them. There's more than enough 'non-disdain' in that perspective; if belief in Jesus brings Christians solace and gives their lives meaning, then that's fine. This is not an attitude of ...[text shortened]... y a lack of belief in Jesus as "disdain for Jesus" is a logical fallacy called 'poisoning the well'.
You do not speak about Jesus like someone who once cared for Him.

Don't you see that?

F

Moves
01 Nov 18
1 edit

@chaney3 said

Don't you see that?
I speak about Jesus as someone who does not believe in him but who understands what he can and does mean to some people. You don't have the first clue about what I used to care about or what I used to believe or do. Honestly, you sound like a teenager with zero adult life experience.

No one here in this community is going to take you seriously if you try to lecture others on the topics of 'how to speak about something' or 'how to speak to people' or, indeed, on the broader topics of how to respect people and how to conduct yourself in a public arena.

Edit: I see the thread about Alcoholics Anonymous has been deleted after your page full of drunken expletive-strewn adolescent insults.

Moves
01 Nov 18

@chaney3 said

Don't you see that?
The confort is that Jesus will never stop caring for us even if we turn our backs on Him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Nov 18

@dj2becker said
The confort is that Jesus will never stop caring for us even if we turn our backs on Him.
Very true, our only Hope is Jesus Christ and God's unfailing love for us, not our
own righteousness and worth.

The thing is today is no different than when Jesus spoke to religious leaders of
His day. He pointed out to them that they searched the scriptures for truth that
they may have eternal life, but they rejected the One the scriptures pointed to
which was Jesus. You can read the scriptures, but if all you have is book knowledge
that isn't the life Jesus gives, that only comes from Him. We can fill our heads with
text, each line of scripture we can memorize, but without love we are nothing,
this is because God is love, we need Him in our lives not as a subject to hold off
and study about but one to yield too, to make Him Lord. Without God in our lives
there is no change in our hearts they remain the way they always have been. Just
a belief about God isn't enough, its connecting with God through Jesus Christ
is what matters all else falls short.

John 5:
39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. 41 I do not receive glory from people. 42 But I know that you do not have the love of God within you. 43 I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

F

Moves
01 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
Very true, our only Hope is Jesus Christ and God's unfailing love for us, not our
own righteousness and worth.

The thing is today is no different than when Jesus spoke to religious leaders of
His day. He pointed out to them that they searched the scriptures for truth that
they may have eternal life, but they rejected the One the scriptures pointed to
which was Jesus. ...[text shortened]... my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.
According to your reasoning, there is no way of anyone knowing - including yourself - whether you are "pretending to be a Christian" right now and for the last 37 years. That's according to your reasoning as presented on this thread. Strange isn't it. Even you don't know if you are a "fake". Tell me, is that 'not knowing' part of your Christian belief?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Nov 18

@fmf said
According to your reasoning, there is no way of anyone knowing - including yourself - whether you are "pretending to be a Christian" right now and for the last 37 years. That's according to your reasoning as presented on this thread. Strange isn't it. Even you don't know if you are a "fake". Tell me, is that 'not knowing' part of your Christian belief?
I didn't say that, I said there is no way on my own I can be accepted by God.
Jesus Christ, only through Him, He is the Way to God. Without Him you've never
been a Christian, outside of name only which is your testimony correct?

F

Moves
01 Nov 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I didn't say that, I said there is no way on my own I can be accepted by God.
Jesus Christ, only through Him, He is the Way to God. Without Him you've never
been a Christian, outside of name only which is your testimony correct?
I was a Christian for decades. I wasn't pretending.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Nov 18

@fmf said
I. Was a Christian for decades. I wasn't pretending.
Jesus was inside of you?

F

Moves
01 Nov 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Jesus was inside of you?
I believed he was and it was real to me. That's exactly why, according to your own reasoning [on this thread], there is no way anyone - including yourself - can know whether you are "pretending to be a Christian" right now and whether you have been pretending for the last 30+ years. Your reasoning. Not mine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Nov 18

@fmf said
I believed he was and it was real to me. That's exactly why, according to your own reasoning [on this thread], there is no way anyone - including yourself - can know whether you are "pretending to be a Christian" right now and whether you have been pretending for the last 30+ years. Your reasoning. Not mine.
Well the book of Hebrews has some very bad news for you if God actually was in you. That would mean it is going to be impossible for you to recover, your fate is sealed. I tend to doubt that with you since you deny God as being real. If the Lord was in you, you’d know it and wouldn’t deny Him as real, even if you are not following Him.