1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 17:141 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Wasn't I a Leper with alcohol on his breath?

Yes, I think that was it.

Hey, "A Spirited Misfit" wasn't my invention.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 18:23
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Wasn't I a Leper with alcohol on his breath?

Yes, I think that was it.

Hey, "A Spirited Misfit" wasn't my invention.
    The Misfits were Suzianne's invention.

Spirited has nothing to do with alcohol.
  3. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 00:18
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 00:23
    @sonship said
    I don't care how "interesting" you find it that your toilet heart was exposed above and beyond others around here.

So I had to single YOU out (after a decade of your crap) as really full of crap. Its not all that "interesting."
    I take it this is - what you believe to be - the "indwelling Holy Spirit" making you conduct yourself this way.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 00:25
    @sonship said
    The insult was directed to YOU.
    Don't try to elicit the sympathy of everyone else as if they were implicated too.
    You said "humanist ideas" were like "eating faeces". Am I the only humanist here do you think?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 00:47
    @sonship said
    So while you wear your "lack of belief" in God as some kind of badge and proclaim your typical family life as your spirituality - there's nothing particularly spiritual about that.
    I disagree.

I believe that learning and teaching, along with loving and being loved, are integral parts of the meaning of life.

These are the only facets of a full life upon which 'spirituality' has a bearing ~ and by 'spirituality' I mean the exercise and exploration of the capacity for abstraction that the human spirit gives us.

To me, people poring over religious texts and mythologies is 'spirituality' squandered, even if it is a product of the human capacity for abstraction and imagination.

Evidence of this utter squander - in my view - includes things like you thinking that "there's nothing particularly spiritual about" family life.

You seem like someone spiritually lost. Staggering around. Pointing at a book. Getting all bent out of shape at people who "lack belief" and who take issue with your religious assertions.

Now, if you must seek to boost yourself by using social media [like this forum] to liken dissent of this kind to eating "animal excrement" - and comparing dissenters to unclean dogs, pigs, cockroaches and lepers - then that is your prerogative, I suppose.

But I think you sometimes cut a tragic, joyless, unbalanced and wannabe authoritarian figure, sonship.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 11:032 edits
    @sonship said to FMF:
    Did you start something on the sermon on the mount? It says there that if you love only those who love you back what have you done so extraordinary - Mr. Normal Family Man ?

For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have ? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

@sonship also said to FMF:
    You brought up the Sermon on the Mount. So while you wear your "lack of belief" in God as some kind of badge and proclaim your typical family life as your spirituality - there's nothing particularly spiritual about that.

So tell us do you “love” FMF sonship?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:371 edit
    Is this suppose to be another of your wannabe atomic bomb knock out questions?

What does Romans 12:18 say ?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:421 edit
    Divegeester,

So you agree that in the Bible apparently physical death does not mean one is in the oblivion of non-existence.

Yes ?
    No ?

Show us all how you, now, can answer straightforward simple questions.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 14:50
    @sonship said
    Is this suppose to be another of your wannabe atomic bomb knock out questions?

What does Romans 12:18 say ?
    Romans 12:18 is not part of the Sermon on the Mount.

Nor does Romans 12:18 explain your hypocrisy about the Sermon on the Mount.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 07:535 edits
    @FMF

Why not just go start the thread dedicated to your interest that you always wanted -

"Does Everybody Here LOVE ME ?"

Did you read on the Sermon on the Mount about the disciples being taught by Jesus not to cast their pearls before swine ?

Did you read on the Sermon on the Mount about the believers not giving holy things to dog like people who will then turn tear apart the holy truth and attack the one sharing it ?

Did you read that part too ?
    Keep reading.

"Do not give that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast your pearls before the hogs, lest they trample them with their feet, and turn and tear you. " (Matt. 7:6)

Ah, but the next verse says the disciple should not give up totally but PRAY and ASK for wisdom to reach people.

Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you. (v.7)

The context is asking and seeking for wisdom to reach men with the preciousness of the truth and ones experience of it.

And folks Romans 12:18 tells the disciples -

"If possible, as far as it depends on you, living in peace with all men."

Actually it is indirectly about agape love. It is directly about the realism that not all people will the Christian be ABLE to live in peace with. It depends on how much grace they have.

"As far as it depends on you ..."

I know my limitations at this point. Watch, his subsequent questions will play on this - like I am not suppose to have any limitations. Christians must brag that they have no limitations. Watch.

Quite practical the New Testament can be.
    Now stand by as FMF concocts more inane "questions" to try to tear apart, wild dog style, the holy truths of the Bible. Of course FMF is cunning at couching his hatred for God with question marks.... an inquisitive lack of understanding, you see?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 07:59
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Why not just go start the thread dedicated to your interest that you always wanted -

"Does Everybody Here LOVE ME ?"

Did you read on the Sermon on the Mount about the disciples being taught by ...[text shortened]... t couching his hatred for God with question marks.... an inquisitive lack of understanding, you see?
    How do you explain your hypocrisy over the Sermon on the Mount?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 08:001 edit
    @sonship said
    Divegeester,

So you agree that in the Bible apparently physical death does not mean one is in the oblivion of non-existence.

Yes ?
    No ?

Show us all how you, now, can answer straightforward simple questions.
    ....Do you agree with your church’s statement of belief regarding the trinity doctrine? ....

When you answer my question, I’ll answer yours 🙂
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 08:04
    @sonship said
    Now stand by as FMF concocts more inane "questions" to try to tear apart, wild dog style, the holy truths of the Bible. Of course FMF is cunning at couching his hatred for God with question marks.... an inquisitive lack of understanding, you see?
    One cannot have "hatred" for an entity - like your god figure - that one doesn't believe exists. What interests me is the moral incoherence of much of what you say and the seemingly debilitating effect that your belief in "Jesus" has on your personality and intellect. There is no "hatred" involved.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 08:053 edits
    @FMF

I just explained my limitations according to Pauls word - As far as it depends on you, ... (Rom. 12:18)

How do you explian twelve years of your dog like tearing and hog like trampling of the gospel shared to you in ANY packaging at ALL ? As if we have not in many ways, sweet and sour, have been made to teach you. Which you adore in Christians futile attempts. You love it.

Don't bother. I know you have a lack of belief.

Some hogs have a lack of belief too.
    Some swine have a lack of belief too.
    Some dogs have a lack of belief also.

We understand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree