Does God love me?

Does God love me?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Jul 16

Originally posted by Andrew Kern
And even tho I sin and dishonor God's kingdom because I sin,
God Still Loves Me.
If it appeals to your personality and mind map, you might want to latch on to the contingent of Christians here - including sonship, KellyJay, Grampy Bobby - who contend that you can do whatever you like once you believe in Jesus, nothing you do [no amount of "sin"] can 'undo' your "salvation" [and supposed immortality] once you have professed a belief that Jesus has preemptively forgiven your misdeeds and that your progress into an afterlife is guaranteed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
If it appeals to your personality and mind map, you might want to latch on to the contingent of Christians here - including sonship, KellyJay, Grampy Bobby - who contend that you can do whatever you like once you believe in Jesus, nothing you do [no amount of "sin"] can 'undo' your "salvation" [and supposed immortality] once you have professed a belief that Jesu ...[text shortened]... has preemptively forgiven your misdeeds and that your progress into an afterlife is guaranteed.
You mischaracterize this, as usual.

F

Moves
17 Jul 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
You mischaracterize this, [b]as usual.[/b]
I think after all these years, I have a pretty good grasp of the Once Saved Always Saved theology, rest assured. 😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I think after all these years, I have a pretty good grasp of the Once Saved Always Saved theology, rest assured. 😉
"Your grasp" of anything in the Bible is tenuous, at best. There's a reason why you are vague about everything. It's a politician's natural stance.

F

Moves
18 Jul 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Your grasp" of anything in the Bible is tenuous, at best. There's a reason why you are vague about everything. It's a politician's natural stance.
If you think I have misrepresented the essence of the Once Saved Always Saved theology, as it has been laid out by its proponents here in this community, you should perhaps say how.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 16

Originally posted by Andrew Kern
I have already, and I do all the time. I am thankfull for what I have, and I am trying to read one chapter from proverbs every day of every month.

God Still Loves Me.
I have already, and I do all the time. I am thankfull for what I have, and I am trying to read one chapter from proverbs every day of every month.

God Still Loves Me.

I hope you will spend some time to read my post on Prayreading the Word. You have a good habit of starting the day with the word of God. You want to learn to derive the maximum nourishment and sustenance from that word.

In sinning the important thing is to confess and ask for the cleansing blood of Christ.

You should confess as immediately as possible when you are aware that you are doing something displeasing to the Lord. You should keep "short accounts".

A week should not go by before you confess. A month should not go by before you confess. Even a day should not go by. As soon as you are aware of a trespass you should ask that the Lord cleanse you in His precious blood.

Keep short accounts.
Do not let things linger on your conscience as a stain for long periods of time.

Along with seeking soon and immediate cleansing, the Lord will watch to see how well you forgive others. We all get offended. We all have things we could hold against people.

You know the prayer the Lord gave as a model said "Forgive us our depts as we forgive our deptors" or Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

The eyes of Christ will be upon your heart because of your often failures. Do you forgive others who trespass against you in turn? Believe it or not these things effect your power to live in oneness with Christ.

We need grace like a car needs power steering. We need the enabling empowering of grace. And He is all to willing to supply us.

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

Originally posted by vivify
I've said a lot of horrible things about God. Does God still love me? At what point is it too late for me to still have God's love (while I'm still alive)?
it is never too late. God is love! And even though it may be hard to fathom, even in punishment, there is love!