1. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 23:411 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Sounds like you're not reading what is written instead your simply spouting off your twisted prejudice.
    What I read is as follows:

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Romans 8:12-14 KJV)

My translation is as follows:
    Those who sin [live after the flesh], they get no eternal life
    Those who do not sin [ live in the Spirit], they get eternal life
    Those who live in the Spirit [ do not sin] are the sons of God.

See how clear I wrote what I think the passage says.

You try it.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 23:482 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Or maybe Im FMF with two accounts :
    The devil is a liar and those that follow him are also deceivers. It would be surprising and disappointing.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 23:501 edit

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Romans 8:12-14 KJV)

My translation is as fol ...[text shortened]... sin] are the sons of God.

You try it.
    Adding to the Word how ungodly.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 23:54
    Adding to the Word how ungodly.
    We interpret the Bible differently. I knew this a couple years ago.
    Time to move on.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 23:571 edit
    We interpret the Bible differently. I knew this a couple years ago.
    Time to move on.
    I do not add to the Word to make it say what I want. There we part ways.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 00:041 edit
    I do not add to the world to make it say what I want. There we part ways.
    Yeah right .. you cannot read.

Paul says this: For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:
    I interpret it as : Those who sin [live after the flesh], they get no eternal life

Paul says this: if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    I interpret it as : Those who do not sin [ live in the Spirit], they get eternal life

Paul says this: For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    I interpret it as : Those who live in the Spirit [ do not sin] are the sons of God.

Learn to read pal.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 00:23
    Yeah right .. you cannot read.

Paul says this: For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:
    I interpret it as : Those who sin [live after the flesh], they get no eternal life

Paul says this: if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    I interpret it as : Those who do not sin ...[text shortened]... Those who live in the Spirit [ do not sin] are the sons of God.

Learn to read pal.
    Again show me where what I said went against the scriptures I quoted, I am not speaking about how it does not match you're twisted version of scripture after you alter it to fit your desires.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 00:26

My translation is as fol ...[text shortened]... sin] are the sons of God.

You try it.
    My translation is as follows:

I think you are privately interpreting these verses. Where does it mention "eternal life"?
    You are very biased in your thinking. This is not even comparing Christians to non-Christians. It is comparing Christians to Christians.
    It's not even talking about eternal life, nor physical life. Context, context, context.

“about to die.” The Greek word mellō means “to be about to; to intend to; to occur at a point in the future subsequent to another event and to be closely related to that event; to delay” (Thayer; Louw and Nida; Lenski’s translation). We decided to translate mellō as “about to” rather than “will” or “shall” because “about to” carries the implication of something taking place soon rather than later. “Will” and “shall” carry the implication of an event occurring at some point in time in the future whether it is sooner or later. Daniel Wallace translates the phrase, “If you live according to the flesh, you are about to die” (Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics; p. 682).

This verse is not contrasting non-Christians and Christians, but Christians with other Christians. To fully grasp this, we need to look back at the context of Romans 7:14 through Romans 8:18. In Romans 7:14-25, Paul begins by informing us of his own inner struggles with his flesh. He says things such as “…I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin;” “…what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do;” “…what is good, but I cannot carry it out;” “…the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.” Paul continues by informing us that he fights against the law of sin that is still inside him, and God is the only means of victory over the law of sin.

In Romans 8:1-18, Paul continues the thought about the battle we face in the flesh, and informs the Romans that they will go through the same struggle with their sinful nature. He tells them of the two different ways in which a Christian can live, from the spirit or from the flesh, and what each choice brings. Paul informs the Romans that the only way to stand strong is through the spirit. Romans 8:13 is part of the overall context and is addressed to Christians. It is not suddenly contrasting Christians, who walk by the spirit, with non-Christians who do not and will eternally die.

Most of the commentators say that this verse refers to a Christian losing his salvation by not walking in the spirit, however, this belief conflicts with the salvation picture painted by the epistles (see the 3rd point in the commentary on Eph. 1:13); especially when 2 Corinthians 5:5 says that salvation is guaranteed for us. The verse does not say, “you will lose your salvation,” it simply says, “if you live according to the flesh, you are about to die.” The question is: what will die if you live in the flesh? The answer is that Christians will lose their “life,” their enthusiasm, joy, peace, and feeling of connection with God, if they live according to their fleshly desires. J. Vernon McGee writes about the “death” in this verse, stating that it relates to a person’s fellowship with God, not to his physical or eternal death: “Die to God. That is, you have no fellowship with Him. I am not talking about a theory. If you are a child of God, you know this from experience.” (McGee, Thru the Bible). In Absolutely Free, Hodges also hits upon this point by saying, “Pursue sin, warns Paul, and your existence will be an experience that accords with the deadness of your physical body.” In verse six, Paul contrasted death with “life and peace.” Throughout Romans, the phrase “life and peace” is used to mean abundant life, so it is logical that “death” must refer to the opposite of life and peace, which would be a loss of enthusiasm, peace, and the feeling of connection to God (see commentary on Rom. 8:6). Throughout the Bible, apothnēskō , “die,” is used both metaphorically and literally. It is used to mean the death of a person (John 6:49), to represent eternal death (John 6:50), and the death of a principle (Rom. 6:2); however, it is also used to represent a mental death. In 1 Corinthians 15:31, Paul says that he dies every day; however, he is not literally dying every day. He was mentally stressed and beaten down by all the persecution he was going through. Another use of death being in the category of the mind is Romans 7:9, which says, “Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.” Thayer’s lexicon points out that Paul is talking about being deprived of real life and sinking into spiritual torpor because of the Law. Apothnēskō is not the only word translated death; thanatos is another Greek word meaning death, and it is also used in a metaphorical sense. 2 Corinthians 7:10 says that godly sorrow brings salvation, but worldly sorrow brings death. Worldly sorrow brings about depression, a lack of enthusiasm, and disconnectedness; thus, it makes your spiritual life “dead.” Thus, death is not always used to mean a literal or eternal death, and it is not used of everlasting death in this section of Romans.

http://www.revisedenglishversion.com/Romans/chapter8/13
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 00:46
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    [b]My translation is as follows:

I think you are privately interpreting these verses. Where do ...[text shortened]... th in this section of Romans.[/quote]

http://www.revisedenglishversion.com/Romans/chapter8/13[/b]
    We are told not to add or take away from the Word to avoid what he has done, change scripture to suit us instead of us altering ourselves to suit script.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 01:03
    We are told not to add or take away from the Word to avoid what he has done, change scripture to suit us instead of us altering ourselves to suit script.
    That's right, we are not to add nor subtract, but be diligent in seeking understanding. Much of the time we think we know what it says, and then find we were way off base because it says something elsewhere that contradicts what we thought.
    Instead of changing our thinking some of us are so stubborn we stay in our rut.

I remember years ago I got into a discussion with the Pastor of a local church. He was preaching on Romans 13 and I disagreed. I believed the "higher powers" KJV, was talking about church leaders.
    He came to my house and we talked, but I was very stubborn and would not budge.
    About a year later my eyes were finally opened and I realized the higher powers were civil authorities. Talk about eating humble pie!
    But it was a lesson about myself I will never forget. I know very little and I do agree with Rajk about erring on the side of caution.
    When I ask God to teach me, I have to keep asking, because if after 5 minutes you give up, the answer is not coming.
    So all I give here is my opinion on what I believe the bible is saying. I know I can be wrong. So I post what I am very convinced about, but I could be wrong even then.
    Keeping this attitude has helped me immensely.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 01:04

I think you are privately interpreting these verses. Where do ...[text shortened]... th in this section of Romans.[/quote]

Do you actually swallow all that bull?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 01:24

You say :

2 Corinthians 5:5 says that salvation is guaranteed for us.

But it really says:

Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 5:5 KJV).

You and your cut and paste are are a comedy act Checkbaiter.

Dont try to explain .. spare me 😀
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 01:31
    You say :

[b]2 Corinthians 5:5 says that salvation is guaranteed for us.

But it really says:

Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 5:5 KJV).

You and your cut and paste are are a comedy act Checkbaiter.

Dont try to explain .. spare me 😀[/b]
    What does earnest mean to you?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 01:511 edit
    What does earnest mean to you?
    Earnest means guaranteed eternal life for all christians .. no matter how evil they are.

Yeah right
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '16 02:56
    That's right, we are not to add nor subtract, but be diligent in seeking understanding. Much of the time we think we know what it says, and then find we were way off base because it says something elsewhere that contradicts what we thought.
    Instead of changing our thinking some of us are so stubborn we stay in our rut.

I remember years ago I got into ...[text shortened]... convinced about, but I could be wrong even then.
    Keeping this attitude has helped me immensely.
    I believe you, one of my prayers daily is to not let my pride stand in the way of God's truth.
    We were studying Acts and were talking about how the priest missed God even though
    God did a miracle right in front of them. What we did was ask ourselves could God be
    showing us something that big and we miss it? I know I can be hard headed, so I take the
    discussions here seriously and if I'm wrong and realize it I try to admit it quickly. I do not
    agree with what he did, which was interject his meaning into the Word thereby changing it
    to suit his personal beliefs over what the scripture actually was saying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree