1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 07:00
    I've said a lot of horrible things about God. Does God still love me? At what point is it too late for me to still have God's love (while I'm still alive)?
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 07:22
    Originally posted by vivify
    I've said a lot of horrible things about God. Does God still love me? At what point is it too late for me to still have God's love (while I'm still alive)?
    I believe God loves you unconditionally. He will never stop loving you no matter what you have done.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 07:31
    Does God love me?
    To be fair, looking at you, probably not.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 09:40
    He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them,
    he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father,
    and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
    (John 14:21 KJV)
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 12:10
    Yes He loves you and if God is calling you to Himself it isn't to late, but at some point that
    could end and you would never go to Him on your own.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 12:33
    God loves us because that's who He is in spite of our sin. There's that word!

God loves you, and no matter what you do He will be there to save you from your sins till the day you die. Only then will it be too late to repent and believe.

This lifetime is the proving ground. Don't waste another minute.

Act 2:21
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God knows the heart. Give Him yours. That's all you need to do to be saved from the penalty if sin, which is death, and have eternal life. You'll never regret it. And there'll be no turning back.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 13:421 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    God loves us because that's who He is in spite of our sin. There's that word!

God loves you, and no matter what you do He will be there to save you from your sins till the day you die. Only then will it be too late to repent and believe.

This lifetime is the proving ground. Don't waste another minute.

Act 2:21
    And it shall come to pass, that whos ...[text shortened]... which is death, and have eternal life. You'll never regret it. And there'll be no turning back.
    Thats part of the story. Dont cherry pick one or passages. Faith has 4 critical elements [which you agreed on] :

- Profess with your mouth that Christ came and died for us
    - Believing that to be the truth
    - Trusting in God for eternal life
    - Obedience to God/Christ.

Many falter at the obedience part. Paul said:

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,
    there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy,
    who hath trodden under foot the Son of God,
    and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing,
    and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    Now the just shall live by faith:
    but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
    (Hebrews 10:26-38 KJV)

There are severe consequences for turning back.
    God does not stop those who want to turn away from Him.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 14:21
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thats part of the story. Dont cherry pick one or passages. Faith has 4 critical elements [which you agreed on] :

[b]- Profess with your mouth that Christ came and died for us
    - Believing that to be the truth
    - Trusting in God for eternal life
    - Obedience to God/Christ.

Many falter at the obedience part. Paul said:

[i]For if we sin wil ...[text shortened]... e severe consequences for turning back.
    God does not stop those who want to turn away from Him.
    And you are the judge?

Why is it then that Paul gives instruction on how to deal with a believer that gets caught up in sin to restore him? If such a one has "trodden under foot the son of God" by sinning again, how can they be restored?

Don't you believe that Christ died for all our sins, past, present and future?

But of course you claim that one can stop sinning, even though you can't make the claim for yourself. I don't think you really understand what salvation is if you think a believer that has been "sealed" can commit a sin that Jesus didn't die for.

There is no turning back. Even if Paul did write Hebrews I think you have a skewed understanding of the passage you quoted.

But I have to be honest. I think this bears a closer look. Just sayin'.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 16:11
    Rajk... you forgot to post this verse too....
    For it is impossible, in the case of those who were once enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of holy spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to renew them again to repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 19:265 edits
    Either God sent his Son to die for your sins because he loves us all or he did not.

It's up to you to receive him. Just understand this, Satan tries to convince us all that we are too far gone to be loved or saved. In that sense, he is a one trick pony, as well as his many minions.

That is if we are talking the Christian God. If we are talking Allah or some other god good luck with that. 😵

I guess all you can do if you reject the Christian God is to get the scales out and try to do more good deeds than bad so that the good deeds outweigh the bad deeds, or blow up a building for jihad or something.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 19:591 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 20:05
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Only if the pet loves Jesus. 😵
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    And you are the judge?

Why is it then that Paul gives instruction on how to deal with a believer that gets caught up in sin to restore him? If such a one has "trodden under foot the son of God" by sinning again, how can they be restored?

But of course you claim that one ...[text shortened]... passage you quoted.

And you are the judge?
    Never said that. Did I? I keep saying that Jesus will do the judging

Why is it then that Paul gives instruction on how to deal with a believer that gets caught up in sin to restore him?
    Paul also gives commentary on cases in which a believer cannot be restored. So some can and some cannot... its simple

If such a one has "trodden under foot the son of God" by sinning again, how can they be restored?
    Sinners rely on the forgiveness of God provided they are repentant

The Bible says nothing about past present and future. That is wishful thinking. The Bible says PAST. Let me know if you want the reference

But of course you claim that one can stop sinning,
    Never said that

even though you can't make the claim for yourself.
    I make no claims about myself

I don't think you really understand what salvation is if you think a believer that has been "sealed" can commit a sin that Jesus didn't die for.
    Not all belivers are sealed. Some are and some are not. God decides on that. Not Paul, not pastors not anyone .. God.

There is no turning back.
    The Bible says some turn back. You are out ranked

Even if Paul did write Hebrews I think you have a skewed understanding of the passage you quoted.
    I have a different understanding from you. My understanding is based on scrptural support in other passages and not on 'private interpretation

Well .. take a closer look 🙂
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 23:24
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Rajk... you forgot to post this verse too....
    [b]For it is impossible, in the case of those who were once enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of holy spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to renew them again to repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
    [/b]
    And there are a dozen more like that.
    Must be hard to have to twist all those passages.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 00:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    And there are a dozen more like that.
    Must be hard to have to twist all those passages.
    You mean and make them fit with salvation's guarantee? Yes, it must be difficult for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree