1. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 17:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You are saying that God accepts some and not others?
    If so I'd agree with you since we know the vast majority of the human race is lost.

It would also mean that not every effort we apply will be accepted by God too if we are
    agreement still. That is not saying the door is not open to all, but in the end only a few find
    the narrow way.
    Let me say it the way I think the Bible says it-
    - the door to eternal life is open to all people
    - God accepts all people as he is no respecter of persons
    - God rejects those who reject his Son Jesus, particularly the teachings of His Son Jesus
    - God/ Christ will judge the effort and works we apply.
    - Good works were detailed clearly in Matt chaps 5-7 and other places.

I disagree with you that only Christians can do good works which are acceptable to God.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 17:31
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    - God rejects those who reject his Son Jesus, particularly the teachings of His Son Jesus
    - Good works were detailed clearly in Matt chaps ...[text shortened]... aces.

I disagree with you that only Christians can do good works which are acceptable to God.
    I again agree with a lot of what you are saying
    I agree that the eternal door is open to all people.
    I agree God is not a respecter of people so everyone is invited.
    I agree that those that reject the Son are also rejecting the Father who sent Him.
    I agree that God/Jesus Christ is Lord we need to serve Him obeying Him in all things.
    We are saved by grace, through faith, and that not of ourselves it is a gift of God.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 17:43
    - Good works were detailed clearly in Matt chaps ...[text shortened]... aces.

The scripture is clear we are given God's Spirit for several reasons not just works.

1. One is to do the works God has for us. *Romans 8:18-19*
    2. To allow us to walk in the Spirit not the flesh *Romans 8: 5-9*
    3. Teach us about Jesus *John 14:25-27*
    4. A seal to show us we belong to God. *2 Corinthians 1:21-23*

These are just to name a few, the one you really do need to latch on to is that if you
    do not have God's Spirit you do not belong to God.

Romans 8:9
    You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 18:36
    The scripture is clear we are given God's Spirit for several reasons not just works.

1. One is to do the works God has for us. *Romans 8:18-19*
    2. To allow us to walk in the Spirit not the flesh *Romans 8: 5-9*
    3. Teach us about Jesus *John 14:25-27*
    4. A seal to show us we belong to God. *2 Corinthians 1:21-23*

These are just to name a few, the on ...[text shortened]... irit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
    Feel free to latch on to whatever you like.
    I reserve the right to do the same.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 18:39
    Feel free to latch on to whatever you like.
    I reserve the right to do the same.
    Sciptrue give scipture if you disagree!
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 19:15
    Sciptrue give scipture if you disagree!
    I dont need to quote. Someone who has Gods Spirit can continue with sin if they so choose. Gods Spirit does not force people to live righteously, and they can still go astray. There is no guarantee that someone with Gods Spirit will do good works.

For me the strongest passages that deal with how to get into the Kingdom of God are from Jesus himself:
    Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;
    John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
    John 14:15-16 IF ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
    John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.
    Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Im fine with these.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 19:28
    I dont need to quote. Someone who has Gods Spirit can continue with sin if they so choose. Gods Spirit does not force people to live righteously, and they can still go astray. There is no guarantee that someone with Gods Spirit will do good works.

For me the strongest passages that deal with how to get into the Kingdom of God are from Jesus himself:
    M ...[text shortened]... f heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Im fine with these.
    What possessed you to say someone can sin if they choose? Nothing I said suggested that! If you want to disagree with me at least do it with something I have said, not something you make up.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 19:49
    What possessed you to say someone can sin if they choose? Nothing I said suggested that! If you want to disagree with me at least do it with something I have said, not something you make up.
    Did you not say that if someone has Gods Spirit then they do the good works that God has for them? What does that mean?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 19:541 edit
    Did you not say that if someone has Gods Spirit then they do the good works that God has for them? What does that mean?
    I quoted scripture to you, if you want to disagree with the Word and how I was using it than
    I suggest again you QUOTE me in what I said coupled with the Word of God I used! That
    way you can clearly show me how I'm in error instead of making things up I did not say!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 19:59
    I could lay claim to your verbiage that with your doctrine if you do some good works, you
    can deny Jesus is needed, deny the need for the Holy Spirit in anyone's life, and deny
    you can please God by living in the flesh.

YOU ARE NOT SUGGESTING ANY OF THAT or at least I would hope you are not.
    But this that is how you have just treated me, nothing I have said suggested you can
    sin if you want to yet you laid that out there as if the doctrine I have shared with you
    says as much.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 20:07
    I have given you so much scripture on this topic and you ignore it all.

Here is more, unless you want to twist this into something that I have said I cannot find
    anywhere below that says we can sin if we want to, but what it does say that we will
    because of the Spirit of God be able to live a life not according to the flesh. So unless
    you want to say this scripture is a lie, you do not require the Spirit of God in your life to
    be able to resist sin and live a godly life, what is your problem with what I have been
    saying? PLEASE quote me and the scripture I have been using to clear up the errors,
    otherwise what is clear is that you are MAKING THINGS UP just to be disagreeable.

Romans 8:
    12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 20:55
    I have given you so much scripture on this topic and you ignore it all.

Here is more, unless you want to twist this into something that I have said I cannot find
    anywhere below that says we can sin if we want to, but what it does say that we will
    because of the Spirit of God be able to live a life not according to the flesh. So unless
    you want to say ...[text shortened]... e deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
    Sounds like you are saying that the Romans 8 passage is saying that if you have the spirit of God you cannot sin.

Maybe you are not making yourself clear.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 21:29
    Sounds like you are saying that the Romans 8 passage is saying that if you have the spirit of God you cannot sin.

Maybe you are not making yourself clear.
    Sounds like you're not reading what is written instead your simply spouting off your twisted prejudice.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 21:381 edit
    Sounds like you're not reading what is written instead your simply spouting off your twisted prejudice.
    I just had a strange thought. What if Rajk is really just FMF with religion?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 23:331 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I just had a strange thought. What if Rajk is really just FMF with religion?
    Or maybe Im FMF with two accounts :

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree