1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 13:58
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    from the easy to understand to the heavy. Work with foster children, handicap children, outreach programs for elderly that invite local teens to help. work through civic groups on simular programs. teach religion to pasters and priests alike. teach at churches and groups. bible studies. spiritual warfare on many levels. helping ppl out of the occult. spiritual fighting/with occults. the list can go on
    I'm sorry, but I have to somewhat call BS on this. I would believe it if you've been involved with all these at various points in your life, but if you do all this now, then no, I doubt it.

I'm involved in one thing, just one thing, that being involved in a group who has taken it upon themselves to watch over, protect and help the homeless in our downtown area and it takes every scrap of my disposable time and then some. We are good at what we do and we also watch out for each other. Our work would fail and be useless if we tried to do all of what you list. Others should be encouraged to do what you cannot. Having all your irons in many fires means you spend more time managing than doing. Now I have done more than this one thing at other times in my life. In college, my sorority was heavily involved in protecting women from domestic violence, but still, that was our main thing and we didn't try to save the ENTIRE world, just the small part that we COULD actually save. When you try to do too much, you will always eventually fail, and that helps nobody. Doing what you can, and encouraging others to do what they can, and not trying to do everything yourself is the way to success.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 15:37
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Couple of things first being there is God, there’s no difference between the God of the OT and NT. Second why would you believe in a god whose actions could all be explained away by natural occurrences? God chooses to act in ways that defy our logic many times by doing what we would call unnatural, like Jesus birth and coming back from the dead. Third when you pray are you being honest with God or attempting to get Him to jump through hoops for you?
    LOL what a pile of godwash.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:17
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I'm sorry, but I have to somewhat call BS on this. I would believe it if you've been involved with all these at various points in your life, but if you do all this now, then no, I doubt it.

I'm involved in one thing, just one thing, that being involved in a group who has taken it upon themselves to watch over, protect and help the homeless in our downt ...[text shortened]... ging others to do what they can, and not trying to do everything yourself is the way to success.
    Well you are correct, that it is over my lifetime. but for many, i am always involved in one point or another.

When im home, weekends. i still do volunteer work for the elderly. i work with the council on aging in town. i will talk with my "boss", Barb. and she will tell me about the next case to work on. i will then call the youth group in town, and lumberyard telling them what we need. The lumberyard gives me everything for free. i will then call up the boyscouts, and get a few other carpenters to join. the work we do is minor house repairs. tongue in cheek, as we have installed a complete roof on a weekend.

Aside from this im still very involved on the spiritual aspects, and often am called by ministers and priests. i do a lot of praying
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:22
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Sounds like you’re fishing for trolling material, Bronwen
    I dont mind his questions. ive known divegeezer for a long time. as long as ive been here. years

its better to ask the questions, than hold them in your mind, and never know

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree