Dropping Out Missing Links

Dropping Out Missing Links

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jul 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
a few beers? how many exactly? more than your body needed to function? 😛 I was swimming in Loch Lomond, it was awesome, diving from a canoe into the clean refreshing water while you were getting fat on beer!
If you must know I had a couple of bottles of Peroni at the Docklands bar outside the new BBC buildings at Salford Quays, we then cycled home and opened a bottle of Cava to celebrate my new job. I woke up fresh as a daisy and will be off to the gym in the next 30 mins.

rc

Moves
28 Jul 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Nice!

Sounds like a Saturday night here, except pasta with tomato basil sauce with sausage is on the menu.
meat is murder you crazy psychopath.

rc

Moves
28 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
If you must know I had a couple of bottles of Peroni at the Docklands bar outside the new BBC buildings at Salford Quays, we then cycled home and opened a bottle of Cava to celebrate my new job. I woke up fresh as a daisy and will be off to the gym in the next 30 mins.
cycled home! watch out for jaggy nettles, i once cycled home after a few beers and ended up more off the road than on it, damn those jaggy nettles! (it was before I was a witness of the most high God)

Cape Town

Moves
28 Jul 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
[b]Edit: I spoke too soon. It appears the discussion was over before it started. So the results are in, and as it turns out you were right and he was wrong.[/b]
Yes, in regards to the claim that Evolution Theory is in trouble and is collapsing, I am right and he is wrong. I have justified my stance. I notice that neither you nor sonship is willing to challenge my counterclaim and justification. I also notice neither of you is willing to admit that I am right despite the fact that I have presented my case and you have no rebuttal.
I also note that sonship is not willing to take up my challenge and honestly discuss the contents of the video. He just wants to do a hit and run. And this from someone who claims he wants honesty in the teaching of evolution.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jul 13
2 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
Is the idea that the Earth is (roughly speaking) a ball rather than a flat disk
about to collapse?

If you linked a video by one of the nutters who do think the Earth is flat would
we need to watch it before we could dismiss it as bunk?

Because the theory of evolution by natural selection is THAT well supported and
proved by the MOUNTAINS of evidence.

And anyone who has any clue about the subject knows that.

about to collapse?

There was no discussion of this whatsoever.

If you linked a video by one of the nutters who do think the Earth is flat would we need to watch it before we could dismiss it as bunk?

There was no mention of discussion of this whatsoever.
Stop parading out strawmen.

Because the theory of evolution by natural selection is THAT well supported and proved by the MOUNTAINS of evidence.

Don't watch the video googlefudge. You'd never survive the bursting of you bubbles of "evidence". If I was as religiously devoted to Evolution as you I would not survive half of this video.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship

about to collapse?

If you linked a video by one of the nutters who do think the Earth is flat would we need to watch it before we could dismiss it as bunk?

There was no mention of discu If I was as religiously devoted to Evolution as you I would not survive half of this video.
Can you give us a synopsis of the video, what are Dr J's main points of contention? I can't stomach watching a 55min presentation from a man who thinks the world's age is a few thousand years.

While you're at it you didn't answer these questions yesterday - So even though evolution is 'collapsing' you still think it should be taught in school's? I mean, either life evolved or it didn't right? What's your take on how life began and how it diversified? Or do you think life was created as it is?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
28 Jul 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
If evolutionary is 'collapsing', what do you propose should be taught instead? What would make up the curriculum instead of evolutionary biology?
How about no curriculum

Moves
28 Jul 13

Originally posted by sonship

about to collapse?

There was no mention of discu ...[text shortened]... If I was as religiously devoted to Evolution as you I would not survive half of this video.
Before accusing me of logical fallacies it might be a good idea to learn what
they actually mean, that way you wouldn't make so many embarrassing
mistakes.

I didn't say that anyone here was suggesting that the Earth was flat (although
there are people that do think that).

I was using it as an example of something so well proven that if someone pops
up disputing it they can basically be dismissed out of hand.
This was made abundantly clear in my post when I said that "the theory of evolution
was that well supported". Clearly indicating that my point was that evolution is
as solidly supported as the earth being a ball as opposed to a flat disk.

This is not a strawman because I was not claiming you held a position you don't
that is easier for me to shoot down.

I was in fact making an analogy between claiming that evolution is unsupported by
evidence and is collapsing, and claiming that the theory that the world is a ball
is unsupported by evidence and is collapsing.

And I don't know why you would want me to watch your video, as thus far those
videos you have linked that I have watched I have torn apart in detail.

Of course you then simply posted new videos making the same stupid arguments
rather than admit you were wrong.

Which gives very little incentive to anyone to watch and comment on your videos
because you never engage with criticism or admit when your arguments don't stand
up.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jul 13
5 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
Before accusing me of logical fallacies it might be a good idea to learn what
they actually mean, that way you wouldn't make so many embarrassing
mistakes.

I didn't say that anyone here was suggesting that the Earth was flat (although
there are people that do think that).

I was using it as an example of something so well proven that if some
because you never engage with criticism or admit when your arguments don't stand
up.
Your analogy is wrong. It should be more like evilution is unsupported by
evidence and is collapsing, just as the theory that the world is a flat disk
is unsupported by evidence and is collapsing. 😏

You just don't know it. There is no evidence that one kind of animal has changed into another kind no matter how long you wish to give it. It hasn't happened yet, because a frog only changes into a prince in fairy tales and evilution drawings.

If you want someone to argue with you, let me be the one.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jul 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
meat is murder you crazy psychopath.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2380308/250-000-hamburger-First-test-tube-grown-beef-served-London-restaurant-week.html

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Your analogy is wrong. It should be more like evilution is unsupported by
evidence and is collapsing, just as the theory that the world is a flat disk
is unsupported by evidence and is collapsing. 😏

You just don't know it. There is no evidence that one kind of animal has changed into another kind no matter how long you wish to give it. It hasn't ...[text shortened]... ution drawings.

If you want someone to argue with you, let me be the one.

The Instructor
How about a debate with someone who has no built in creationist young earth agenda, someone who doesn't think it right to teach non-science in a science class? I'm guessing that would not be you..

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
How about a debate with someone who has no built in creationist young earth agenda, someone who doesn't think it right to teach non-science in a science class? I'm guessing that would not be you..
I believe it is not right to teach evilution in school, because the idea that one kind of organism can become a different kind of organism without new instructional information added to the DNA has been proven false and is not science.

I do believe that it is right to teach that certain things like DNA and molecular machines appear designed because it is true.

The Instructor

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jul 13

I believe it is not right to teach evilution in school, because the idea that one kind of organism can become a different kind of organism without new instructional information added to the DNA has been proven false and is not science.
What do you mean by 'kind' and who do you believe has proven it false?
I am fairly sure that a mutation that involves the loss of a chromosome would result in a new species, so it is possible to get a new species without adding to the DNA.
However, evolution does not have a requirement to not add instructional information to the DNA. In fact, it is a well known scientific fact that instructional information is added to the DNA on a regular basis. Its called mutations a word I am sure you are familiar with. It happens at a predictable rate.
If there were no mutations, and no new information was added to the DNA, then why don't we all look like Noah? Or did you not think this through?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
What do you mean by 'kind' and who do you believe has proven it false?
I am fairly sure that a mutation that involves the loss of a chromosome would result in a new species, so it is possible to get a new species without adding to the DNA.
However, evolution does not have a requirement to not add instructional information to the DNA. In fact, it is a we ...[text shortened]... as added to the DNA, then why don't we all look like Noah? Or did you not think this through?
By kind, I mean a dog, cat, human, etc. A dog never changes to a cat or a human. They reproduce after their own kind. That is a law of God.

A loss of genetic information when dogs breed can not change the dog into a cat or some other kind of animal. That could only result in a variation of the dog, if it lives.

New genetic information has never been shown to have been added by mutations. All that can be done is rearrage some of the old information, but the error correcting procedure stops most of that.

I don't know what Noah looked liked, but I look different from my father because I share his and my mothers chromosomes, which are naturally selected during reproduction.

The Instructor

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jul 13

By kind, I mean a dog, cat, human, etc. A dog never changes to a cat or a human. They reproduce after their own kind. That is a law of God.
Sorry but you are going to have to be more specific. Is a cat and a lion the same 'kind'?
What about a dog and a wolf?

A loss of genetic information when dogs breed can not change the dog into a cat or some other kind of animal.
It couldn't change the dog into some other currently existing kind of animal, because all animals have unique information in their DNA. In fact, the loss of DNA couldn't even change you into your son, as he has DNA that you do not have. Thats simply biology.

That could only result in a variation of the dog, if it lives.
But how do you decide whether that variation of the dog is a different 'kind' or not?

New genetic information has never been shown to have been added by mutations.
Thats what a mutation is. Look it up instead of making yourself look stupid.

All that can be done is rearrage some of the old information, but the error correcting procedure stops most of that.
Error correcting is essential, but 'most' is not 'all' and some mutations happen as you are well aware.
Rearrangement of information is new information.

I don't know what Noah looked liked, but I look different from my father because I share his and my mothers chromosomes, which are naturally selected during reproduction.
So did every gene in your body come from one of the people on the Ark? Did Noah and family have the genes necessary for dark skin, light skin, blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes, red hair, black hair, blond hair, straight hair, curly hair, etc?
Do you know anything about genetics or are you just making this all up as per your usual?